• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    Can someone please tell me were the move tutor for nasty plot is? Obviously, this information is not available in the docs.

Right of Fuchsia in the building that leads to route 15 upstairs. Nerdy lookin' guy on the right will teach it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I just beat Gary and won the championship and in the Sevii Islands now but whenever I try to go to my catch to catch a Pokémon it keeps saying items can't be used does anyone know why or how to fix it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I just beat Gary and won the championship and in the Sevii Islands now but whenever I try to go to my catch to catch a Pokémon it keeps saying items can't be used does anyone know why or how to fix it?

Did you use cheats to get to the Sevii Islands? I didn't think it was accessible normally in RR?

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Nah I'm playing the new version of the game. It tells you to take the shit at Vermillion to One Island and do some quests for the professor but I can't open my bag anymore when I encounter wild Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Yea it is it's version 2.3 and I'm at the sevii islands

Soupercell is literally the creator of the game. He would know.

Alternatively, show some screenshots.

Sevii islands were closed off since the beginning of the hack. 2.3 still doesn't allow access to it.

Did you use cheats?
    What rom did you patch to?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Soupercell when will version 3.0 come out? I know it's a boring question and not to ask but I'm impatient 😅 I'd just like to know how the works are progressing, thank you very much

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Here's some screenshots

Attachments

• Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
      AC31F32C-DACD-4CA5-A33A-E9B6E406C2F6.jpeg
      63.2 KB · Views: 50
    • Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
      69CD62B9-1CC0-4423-A733-87DD9AEB375C.jpeg
      61 KB · Views: 40
      EF8BA783-DED7-42DD-B0BE-589EEF327396.jpeg
      63.2 KB · Views: 31
      61304D54-0C32-4BA0-8597-ADD2C357D830.jpeg
      61 KB · Views: 34
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2021
    Found a bug in Hardcore mode:
    during the "rival" battle with Brendan East of Vermillion. No matter what Hariyama does at the end of it's first then it gets burned. I'm assuming it has something to do with the code of it's 'Guts' ability, since it mentions the word burn.

Years
  • got some little previews for the next update (which is still a while away, but it'll be worth it!)

big shoutouts to buffel salt for these two ideas from inclement emerald:
    Spoiler:

Portable PC!!! I know you guys are dying to use this in the Pokemon League, but it won't work there :p
    Spoiler:

Instant text, instant hp bar and exp for much quicker gameplay (shoutouts to thexaman for implementing this in pokemerald which I ported to CFRU)
    Spoiler:

Swap in Pokemon menu with the select button
    Spoiler:

Nature Changer in Pokemon Center now has an option to view the current Level Cap, and an option to swap genders for Pokemon! The struggles of Male Combee are finally over :O
    Spoiler:

Pressing B in Auto Run let's you walk (a feature that's been requested since probably the first release lol)
    Spoiler:

B for faster surfing, also affected by auto run!
    Spoiler:

Something new: puzzle battles! complete these to get benefits like the pokevial, and infinite repel!
    Spoiler:

and least but definitely not least, we got hisuian forms in the game! these were commissioned from a spriter named Terminaut, who has experience creating sprites for Gen 3 ROM hacks along with Pokemon essentials. he's done a brilliant job with these sprites and he's been working on these sprites quickly for reasonable rates, definitely give him a look if you want some custom sprites for your games :)
    Spoiler:

for now, these pokemon will have custom data until the games come out. Stone Axe is also in the game, and is a 120 BP Rock Physical Move that drops Def/SpDef on hit (Close Combat effect), which is even powered up by Blademaster. This move is exclusive to Kleavor and Kabutops!!

another thing I felt like I was having trouble with was having some sort of exploration feel for post game. Since every Pokemon could already be found in the wild in the main game, it would probably make exploring post game feel very empty. So, I've decided to add some custom regional variants as well. There'll be one line from each region, and many will have unique/uncommon typings. Here's a gorgeous Milotic form with Ground/Fairy typing, which is quite an amazing offensive typing, and not too shabby on the defensive side either! Serene Grace is an absurd combo with Moonblast and Scorching Sands. The custom regional variants are also sprited by the big Term, be sure to check out his other work if you're fan!
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

And if you're annoyed that these are restricted to postgame, there will be an egg obtainable in the midgame that hatches into any of the custom regional variants. They're all quite powerful Pokemon to complement their late game status.

we've also got Darkster revamping the Wild Docs to be far more visually appealing and accessible, some revamps are happening to other documentation as well.

post game is in the works with this update so it's still many a miles away, but I'll make sure it's worth it.
    thank you for continuing to play radical red, love y'all <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Found a bug in Hardcore mode:
    during the "rival" battle with Brendan East of Vermillion. No matter what Hariyama does at the end of it's first then it gets burned. I'm assuming it has something to do with the code of it's 'Guts' ability, since it mentions the word burn.

Flame Orb. It's a thing.

Years
  • Since the Rotom forms are their own species, will you add some moves from their new type in their moveset?

Yeah, it's definitely a consideration but I was also trying to get Rotom forms to work in their more traditional manner; I just never really bothered looking into doing it. If I don't bother with that though I'd love to give Rotom-F Freeze Dry, Rotom-H Heat Wave, etc etc just because they make a ton of sense :)

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I'd still like to see some of the weaker Pokemon getting more buffs, mostly new Abilities. The idea of the Iggly line (Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff) getting a new ability called Tuff Stuff would be interesting. Maybe a one stage Defense and Special Defense buff when taking damage.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    https://Untitled57_20211117101311.png
    204.8 KB
    Hey guys what do you think of misty terrain? I mean in wiki says double up dragon moves so I don't know it's really worth to using it or not

Attachments

Untitled57_20211117101311.png
      55.6 KB · Views: 31
    Years
    • Seen today
    https://Untitled57_20211117101311.png
    204.8 KB
    Hey guys what do you think of misty terrain? I mean in wiki says double up dragon moves so I don't know it's really worth to using it or not

It doesn't double the damage of dragon type moves, it halves it (multiply by 0.5 is like dividing by 2)
    Maybe the description on Bulbapedia would be clearer
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Misty_Terrain_(move)
    Unfortunately can't seem to post the image directly

Considering how often terrain is used in this game, it is usually great

Back