• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Requiem [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Yay for random tree you can walk through in Aria Town. Gotta watch that Quilava.

How's the game going? :P I love it so far.
    Thanks for enjoying it! I cjust caught that movement error (near the Mart right?) just to warn you there should be one or two more movement errors that I didn't catch in time (route 7 comes to mind). They're nothing major so you can go about the game without em ;)

This seems like it could turn into a great hack! I really like your "theology" that you can have a good hack, without all that fancy tile-insertion. I can't wait for the finished game!

Thanks means alot. I mean tile-insertion is nice and graphically appealing but I see nothing wrong with the standard tiles to the point wherre I have to have a major overhaul in the tilesets. (I don't feel the same about all of the cave tiles though, those suck XD). And the hack is progressing nicely! Thanks for the support.

drew6464

Spriter and composer
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    :P Oh, and a certain someone is deprived of spriting practice and is super bored, so if you're in need of the next gym sprite or something, lemme know.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    About the Beta
    Alright folks I come bearing good once again. As usual with a beta release I try not to put up too many updates but it's been about a week and a half so I figure why not. First off I want to thank everyone who downloaded and played the beta. I got a few PM's about issues that needed to be fixed. So I bring Beta 1.3. It's not as drastic a change as 1.0 to 1.1. I fixed some movement permission issues. There shouldn't be anymore but if there are send me a PM please. I also fixed a tile issue that was only present in Beta 1.1. The issue shoes up in Witchville Forest. If it bothers you so much, downoad Beta 1.3. Fixed a house in Crimson City which was oddly lefted untouched. I also fixed a bug that occured in the 4th gym, in which Arkana would never rebattle you.

Enough about Betas
    The Male's OW's have been fixed. He now has a visible backsprite. They were completed recently but are NOT in Beta 1.3.They will be, however, in Beta 2.0 (which should drop on or before 03.01.11). The female's OW's aren't happening as fast but they will be in Beta 2.0. Unlike others I have not stopped working on the hack just because I released a beta. I've already added the 5th Gym. And will reveal the leader in a few moments. The rest are misc. screenshots. Some were obviously taken earlier than other, noted by the lack of backpack on the male OWs. Now without further ado, screenshots!

Pokémon Requiem [Beta 1 Released]

Ending note:
    Please report any glitches and/or errors found in Beta 1.3. If need be I will release another update but I think this beta is fairly playable with minimal errors. Enjoy!

Last edited:

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
  • No, I have the ?????? (however many ?) item, it doesn't do anything though. :( I just get the there's a time and place message. (I'll see if it's fixed in this beta first...)

RyuuRage

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    Nice hack! The male player looks pretty good and I like the story, i'm looking forward for more updates!

RyuuRage

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    I can make you a user bar for your hack if you want. If so what do you want on it?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Vacation

I've taken a slight vacation from hacking. Being that I'm on vacation from College I'm trying to relax. What this means is that I'm still working on Requiem, slowly though. Since the next Beta isn't due out until March 1st, I don't see a need to rush. I will still be on PC so VM/PM me. You can still ask about Requiem and I will still be making changes to the Beta accordingly. Just don't expect any new screenshots or many updates until at least January 20th. Just clarrifying that the updates will be slow but I do NOT want this thread closed.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • I really like your ideas about how a hack should be held up by its story, not its features and looks. Plus, I like all the features you put into your hack, like headbutt, underground, and diving. I'll keep an eye on this hack. Keep up the good work, quilava!!

drew6464

Spriter and composer
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Hey, Quilava, buddy, your new sprites done. Check it out, I PM'd you.
    I'm on the really hard forest part! Whoopee! Time to grind my Ralts and Ekans.

Anyone need sprites for their hack, I'm always open. 50 percent of the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm one of the best, but if you want someone extremely reliable you may want to ask Quilava just how many days it takes me to send the sprite.

Last edited:

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Wow i just beat the first gym leader in the beta and i'm very impressed! This is probably the best hack I've seen since LaZ's Liquid Crystal! Keep up the great work!

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Wow i just beat the first gym leader in the beta and i'm very impressed! This is probably the best hack I've seen since LaZ's Liquid Crystal! Keep up the great work!

Ego +1. It's comments like this which push me to do my best! Thank you!

I know I said I was taking a vacation but with the recent snow storm that hit my area I had some free time. I decided that I'm going to release something I like to call Requiem Beta1.0 - Perfect. What this is an update with EVERY bug/glitch fixed. Two things do remain unchanged though. The world map and the intro heroes. This is being worked on and I don't promise they will be done in time. What changes in this update? A WHOLE LOT! Allow me to list them:
    Spoiler:

The update should come by Wednesday of this week, but be warned. Being that there were so many drastic changes I have changed the game code. What this means is that if you currently have Beta 1.0, 1.1, or 1.13 (Accidentally released as 1.3) you will NOT be able to continue the saved date you have. This is to prevent the game from freezing/crashing and/or creating Bad Eggs. Sorry for any issues this causes but it's all for the better. Just like Betas 1.0/1.1/1.13 you should be on the look out for the following, which are easy to miss:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    PerfectRequiem

And it's here people! I forgot that I have to work tomorrow so I won't be able to post the patch. The Perfect Beta is here tonight as a result. There should be no error in this update. Actually there might be a few really small ones but no major ones, I don't think so though. The Beta comes in the form of a .rar file. Which means you need Winrar to unzip it. You must patch it over a CLEAN Fire Red Rom. I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to use a CLEAN rom. You can't patch it to your preexisting Requiem rom. It won't work that way. Also you can't use your previous save file. I've made sure of that. Below are screenshots of major changes in the hack. Finally there won't be another release until 03.04.11. That is when Beta 2.0 comes out. If there are any issues VM/PM me or leave a comment in a this thread.

Spoiler:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Hello people of PC. If you all haven't noticed I haven't been posting updates. This is to allow time for people to download and enjoy Beta 1 (Currently released as Perfect Beta). But rest assured I am working on Beta 2. I'm aiming to finish development on Beta 2 by February 20th and a release is planned for March 4th. I'm not totally sure how many gyms Beta 2 will have but all of the remaining gym leaders have been sprited and their backstories have been made. To save the surprise I've not released any information other than their names. (With the exception on Kera who is th 5th gym leader and is NOT in Beta 1) I head back to college life this week and as such you can expect the updates to start pouring in! Here's what I have for you today: Mud Sport and Water Sport have been changed.

Mud Sport now reduces the speed of all of the opponent by 1. The logic behind that is as follows. Yhe field is covered in mud reducing the speed of the opponent; in a double battle all but the user are affected.

Water Sport now increases the users speed by 2. The logic behind that is as follows. The field is hosed with water, increasing the mobility of the user.

In other news Water Spout has been renamed Aquapressure. This is so that it can be distributed to other Pokemon (Such as Poliwrath and Blastoise). The effect is still the same. More updates should be expected in the coming week as I continue to work on Requiem.

Edit: It just dawned on me that the Mud Sport and Water Sport changes have been applied to the Perfect Beta! So if you have the Perfect Beta the changes are right there for you to use. If you don't have the Perfect Beta...what are you waiting for?!

Ps: Download the flawless Requiem Beta in the first post! Be one of the 362 to download Requiem!

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    how long is the current beta you have released? I might try this eventually.

The beta spans Four gyms. Along with 4 Team Rocket missions and a Cave. About 3-5 hours of gameplay depending on what kind of Trainer you are.

Years
  • Where in the world is the Card Key? I have spent about half an hour looking for it, and it is frustratingly not being found.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back