• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Requiem [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Where in the world is the Card Key? I have spent about half an hour looking for it, and it is frustratingly not being found.

I like the mapping, scripting, and sprites. But how did you chagnge the battle sprite of the main character

To avoid spoilers I've sent you the answer in a PM. Tenn Tenki I've also sent you a PM answering your question. And to make this post not spam I will reveal the sixth gym leader, Amber, on Thursday. I will also reveal Team Rockets' Commander, which you've heard so much about in game, Eris. Also in the coming release you will realize almost all of the pokemon have new sprites and movesets. I'm debating releasing an update of Beta 1, that would allow you to see these changes. Idk we'll see how the week goes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2012
    I decided to give this hack a whirl, I'm right after the 2nd Gym as I type this. Overall the hack seems pretty good so far, there's nice things here and there and although I don't play too many hacks and don't have much of a ground to base this off of, it seems like it's doing a fair job so far. Somethings I jotted down while playing though;

• The Drowzee Sprite looks odd, or is it just me?
    • I like the fact that repeated Trainer battles are actually continuous and not one time only, but the fact they always use the same level Pokemon is a bit of a turn off. I'm not sure if there's anything to fix this or if it was intended as such, but just throwing some thoughts on it out there.
    • Is it just me, or is it far too easy to get Paralyzed in this game? It could just be I have horrible luck, but I haven't gone a single paralyze inflicting move that hasn't done its job.
    • The sudden spike in difficulty is both welcomed and a bit annoying. I know you said Squirtle would be the toughest route, which is who I chose, but the sudden spike from lv3 to lv9 enemies, and then lv9 to lv14-16 was a bit of a shocker. This hack is giving me a new hatred for Magnemites I can tell you that much. Hahaha
    • And just a few sprite problems I've noticed; I took a screenshot, but being under 15 posts I can't link it right now, but there's a Berry bush on the route between Gymstone and Mirroredge that can be walked on, and in Electra's gym the generators (?) are cut off. These aren't anything major, just thought I'd point them out.

All in all I'm really liking this hack so far, I'll keep an eye on this and definitely finish up the Beta. I like that in between each Gym, so far at least, there's a little something to do. 2 Rocket events in 2 badges certainly is entertaining. Also major bonus on all the Rockets NOT having the same Pokemon. There's a few similarities here and there, but I'm glad to run into a Rocket and see a bit of mix-up instead of the same team i just faced a battle or two ago.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    i love the idea about the mudsport and water sport but will they still have the previous effects?

Years
  • Something I noticed: there seems to be a lack of a Surf HM, or I am just completely missing it. Also, the Thunderbolt TM from the Game Corner Prize Store gives you Zap Cannon instead.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I decided to give this hack a whirl, I'm right after the 2nd Gym as I type this. Overall the hack seems pretty good so far, there's nice things here and there and although I don't play too many hacks and don't have much of a ground to base this off of, it seems like it's doing a fair job so far. Somethings I jotted down while playing though;

• The Drowzee Sprite looks odd, or is it just me? I like it, it looks different which is why I love it.
    • I like the fact that repeated Trainer battles are actually continuous and not one time only, but the fact they always use the same level Pokemon is a bit of a turn off. I'm not sure if there's anything to fix this or if it was intended as such, but just throwing some thoughts on it out there. They change levels (and typically have slight alterations to their team) after you get the next gym. In other words any trainers you fight before a gym will be leveled up after you beat the gym.
    • Is it just me, or is it far too easy to get Paralyzed in this game? It could just be I have horrible luck, but I haven't gone a single paralyze inflicting move that hasn't done its job. I didn't change any of that so your luck must suck =P I find it too easy to be "immobilized by love" but meh, what can you do about it.
    • The sudden spike in difficulty is both welcomed and a bit annoying. I know you said Squirtle would be the toughest route, which is who I chose, but the sudden spike from lv3 to lv9 enemies, and then lv9 to lv14-16 was a bit of a shocker. This hack is giving me a new hatred for Magnemites I can tell you that much. Hahaha Yeah the spike is swomewhat rough at the gym. I might need to change that. Magnemite is especially hard to take out with Squirtle. Get a Wooper lol.
    • And just a few sprite problems I've noticed; I took a screenshot, but being under 15 posts I can't link it right now, but there's a Berry bush on the route between Gymstone and Mirroredge that can be walked on, and in Electra's gym the generators (?) are cut off. These aren't anything major, just thought I'd point them out. Hmm I went through the rom and fixed all the sprite errors I saw.

All in all I'm really liking this hack so far, I'll keep an eye on this and definitely finish up the Beta. I like that in between each Gym, so far at least, there's a little something to do. 2 Rocket events in 2 badges certainly is entertaining. Also major bonus on all the Rockets NOT having the same Pokemon. There's a few similarities here and there, but I'm glad to run into a Rocket and see a bit of mix-up instead of the same team i just faced a battle or two ago.
    Thanks for playing. I really hated how Team Rocket was confined to Ratatta and Ekans so I added some different poison-types and dark-types to mix it up a bit.
    i love the idea about the mudsport and water sport but will they still have the previous effects?
    Nope. Their old effects seemed somewhat moot as the pokemon who learned mudsport where immune to Electr Types anyways. Also the ones who learned Water Sport had a 1/2 resistance to Fire anyways.
    Something I noticed: there seems to be a lack of a Surf HM, or I am just completely missing it. Also, the Thunderbolt TM from the Game Corner Prize Store gives you Zap Cannon instead.
    Gah! I forgot to change the attack buffer! But Thunderbolt has indeed been replaced by Zap Cannon.

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Requiem has officially been downloaded over 500 times!

Hello PC. I come bearing new screenshots. 4 of these were revealed last Monday but I have come with more. In these screenshots you see Route 10, Aryd Desert (Route 11), Ouija Town and my newly inserted Worldmap!
    The worldmap took FOREVER to insert but I finally got it after reading a tutorial by Haefele. I got it to work quite nicely actually. Also I reworked the system to allow you to Fly everywhere on the Worldmap, (where previously flying from directly from Kanto to the Sevii Islands was impossible). Also the screens showcase your next encounter with Chrono. There is no battle with him at this point. He gives you Go-Goggles (to travel through Aryd Desert and reach Savahna City) and HM04 (Strength). Also you'll notice the Daycare center is situated in Ouija Town.

Beta News
    The next Beta will be released on March 4, 2011! Sadly it will only have two more gyms than Beta 1, totaling 6 gyms. In the beta you get three more HM's (Strength, Surf, & Fly). There are 2 more encounters with Chrono and one more with Team Rocket (which is a BIG one). You will also finally get the Bike. Also you will notice in Beta 2 that a few maps have been spruced up as well as heck of a lot of sprite changes, courtesy of Heart Gold & Diamond.

Screenshots
    TT.png
    Focuspunch.png
    wmap.png

embassy.png
    egg.png
    fly.png

Oasis.png
    safari.png
    AS.png

Note: The small circle at the top of the WorldMap represents the four towns in South Zinnos.

Ps: Including the 191 included in the thread, Requiem has totalled over 500 (Total of 503) downloads since December 4th! I wanna say thanks to everyone and hope that Beta 2 can get as loveley a reception as Beta 1!

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    you know you probably shouldn't post release dates... anyhow woot! yay! new beta in march! and as I've probably said before i was you the best of luck on this hack. also one question is chinchou in the pokedex/catchable in this hack? it's my favorite water type pokemon =P

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    you know you probably shouldn't post release dates... anyhow woot! yay! new beta in march! and as I've probably said before i was you the best of luck on this hack. also one question is chinchou in the pokedex/catchable in this hack? it's my favorite water type pokemon =P
    I only announced the release date because right now Beta 2 is 75% done :)

Yes Chinchou is catchable. It's in Underwater Rotue 1, The Safari Zone and by fishing in the ocean on Route 8. Sorry but you can't get to either of these places yet. Both are available in Beta 2.

rayquaza911

Legendary Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2013
    Just completed the beta as you said first 4 gyms. I also got Raikou :)
    We get to continue where we left off in March right?

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2012
    How to get this to play

Im really new to this, i extracted and got an IPS file. I know your supposed to use IPSWin somehow, i just don't know how to do this, can someone help me?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Just completed the beta as you said first 4 gyms. I also got Raikou :)
    We get to continue where we left off in March right?
    I hadn't planned on it but sure why not. But you'll only be able to continue where you left off if you previously played the PerfectBeta.

Im really new to this, i extracted and got an IPS file. I know your supposed to use IPSWin somehow, i just don't know how to do this, can someone help me?
    Google LunarIPS and download it . Then apply the patch onto a clean Fire Red Rom

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    That means it's time for my weekly update! First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who has been playing this hack for playing and for the positive (well mostly positive) feedback I've been getting. The support and feedback is definitely enough to keep me motivated to finish this hack. Secondly I want to point out a few changes. I changed the name of the routes from the ever cliche Route (insert number here) to something that either sounds cool or coincides with the map layout. Secondly I noticed whilst playing through Beta 1 (for inspiration purposes), that there is a MAJOR lack of sidequests. This has been changed. I've added, so far, about 5 sidequests! Also while plaing Beta 1, I realized that I REALLY hated the way Crimson City came out. So I touched it up and it looks WAY better, in my opinion. While I was doing that I thouched up Akirs Town & Gymstone City. Then, while working on Beta 2, I realized that I was up to the sixth gym and yet the player still had no Bike =/. So I did the logical thing and added the Bike Shop to Shell Harbor City (at the expense of the Battle Berry Shop). Just a small side-mission and BAM! you're mobile. Also I added the PokeCenter and PokeMart songs, from Ruby into the hack. But then I realized the tiles in the Mart didn't go with the new jaunty tune, SO I added the tiles from D/P/Pt to the PokeMart. In other location news, the Safari Zone is done - I think people will be pleased with the available Pokemon. In Sprite news I've changed nearly every Pokemon sprite and changed the available Pokemon to add variety.

Edit: Another feature I put in the hack as kind of a side-thing is dating. It's a little something extra but is definitely worth looking into. Obviously I set into effect the precautions to make them gender specific. In it you have to meet them at a certain place, not unlike a date. Your Boy/Girlfriend does things like buy you items, give you advice and sometimes help you train. There are 3 different people for each gender to date and each one is unique in his/her own way. This also leads me to this next point. I've implemented Swarms in this hack! Swarms are activated when your Boyfriend/Girlfriend tell you about them. Unlike R/S/E/D/P/Pt/HG/SS Swarms won't happen all over the route. Only is specific patches of grass (which is up to you to find). Some Pokemon can only be found during Swarms and the chances of finding a Shiny are increased, only slightly of course. Swarms will end randomly or after five battles with the swarming Pokemon.

Screenshot
    rida.png
    love-1.png
    change.png
    bikes.png

bikem.png
    misc.png
    crimson.png
    poll.png

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Thursday Update!

This hack looks great but the only
    put off is the non shaded trees (unless changing them)
    And the male ow his hair on back and side frame isn't
    good at all.
    Funny as it is, I thought the front view of the Male OW was weird looking.

Anyways it's Thursday. This means another update! I want to expand on the two features I announced Tuesday.

Dating
    Spoiler:

Swarms
    Spoiler:

That pretty much sums up two features which as pretty exclusive to this hack. Leave feedback please.

Note:These features probably won't make it into Beta 2 because I'm still working on the Swarm aspect.

Last edited:

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • I really like the BF/GF concept, as well as the Swarm concept. About Attract though, you mean you can only use it once per battle, once during, or is it sort of an out of battle effect? Other than that, I don't see any flaws; I eager to see what will come of this when it's finally implemented.

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    It's Tuesday!

I really like the BF/GF concept, as well as the Swarm concept. About Attract though, you mean you can only use it once per battle, once during, or is it sort of an out of battle effect? Other than that, I don't see any flaws; I eager to see what will come of this when it's finally implemented.

Thanks. With the Attract thing I mean as a field move. In battle it functions the same as it usually does.

Update Time
    And I'm back with another Tuesday update! This week's 8 screenshots reveal information about the 6th leader, Amber. Also you can see the Blackmist Museum, which contains tiles that I've inserted from R/S/E. As with everything else in this hack, I've put a spin on a few unclarified issues with the canon. And I've updated Electra's gym. Now it uses the floor tiles from Mauville City. Also the color scheme is AWESOME in my opinion. The other gym shown is Blackmist Gym, which has been destroyed by a fire. I'm also revealing another one-off Pokemon, Snorlax. I'll say no more on the subject.

Beta News
    I'm still pushing for a March 4, 2011 release. This beta only adds 2 gyms, sorry. But this is where things get serious in the storyline. You meet ther ever elusive Commander Eris of Team Rocket! There are quite a few twists and turns coming your way that I don't want to spoil so I'll say no more. The beta should be done by ther last week of February, and sent out to the Beta Tester's a week before the hack is due to be released. If you would like to beta test, just shoot me a PM. You have to have some credibility to your name though. Also the BF/GF system may not make it into Beta 2. I'm still working on the Swarm system and that's what is stopping me.

ssane.png
    snorlax.png
    museum.png
    electrasnewgym.png

brandon.png
    blackmis.png
    amer.png
    amber.png

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I'm Late

I'm really liking this hack, good plot, main characters' sprites are awsome, and the BF/GF system is intresting.

Thank you, I worked hard on this so it's good to see some support!

Update
    Sorry I'm late on the Tuesday update. I meant to do it last night but I'm coming down with a cold so yeah =/
    Anywho I don't have too many screenshots this time around. Last time I brought a heap load so I thought it would be okay if the screenshots were light today. Last time I showed a screenshot of Ariel & Snorlax. This Snorlax needs the PokeFlute (yes the same one that Red used) to be awoken. It is at level 30. However unlike its Fr/Lg counterpart it isn't enough to merely beat Snorlax. You HAVE to capture it! If you run from it or make it faint it won't go away it will just say "Snorlax tired itself out and fell back asleep" so bring lot's of patience and Pokeballs. I'm debating making all one-off battles like this since it was such a PAIN when you accidentally made it faint.
    In addition to the Snorlax event I bring a new and improved World Map! The old map I felt was awkward looking with all of South Zinnos crammed into that tiny circle, not to mention a town dot for Gymstone was missing. I managed to reduce the bulkiness of the region and throw all of south Zinnos in there too!
    More information about the BF/GF system + Swarms will come in due time. Again, I have a deadline to make and the Swarm system isn't yet complete so it won't make it into Beta 2 but will definitely make an appearance in Beta 3.
    I aim to have Beta 2 finished by Sunday, beta tested and released by Next Friday. This next Beta will end after you escape the Rocket HQ. There are only 2 more gyms than Beta 1 but a little more to do. This Beta serves as a tune-up to Beta 1 with every error fixed. But of course with every new release comes errors. So I updated the first post with the new errors in Beta 2.

north.png
    odrock.png

Edit: Send me a PM if you want to Beta Test for Beta 2. I have 4 already and a couple more wouldn't hurt.

darkbelgian

Belgian pokémaster xD
    Years
  • I really can't find the entrance to the underground/Sienna Circus/gambling corner or whatever it is :s It's really frustrating as I find the hack itself pretty good :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back