• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: rijonAdventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Since I'm asked to beta test to the world's end about this ^^

Minor Errors

-The Fossil Boy still talks of Cinnabar in the scene where you pick the 2 fossils
    -Likewise, there's also a npc that talks of getting his fossils in Mt. Moon in the fossil resurrection lab
    -Team Rocket female Grunt in the first cave dungeon got the all happy Lass theme instead of "evil" Rocket theme
    -National Dex at 2nd gym may still make some problems with the pokedex in terms of where a few Pokemon are to be found and leave players confused.
    -Squirtle is somehow in the wild according to the Pokedex.
    -Torchic is somehow in the wild outside of the old Safari Zone (if trend follows, then it should only be in the Safari zone like the other 2 Hoenn starters)

Balance Issues
    (you know that you hired me purely for this ^^)

The first gym sends you to a world of pain if you ever choose Charmander and if you aren't careful cause Vaporeon got endless supply of HP (curse the base 130 hp) while standing up to absorb from Oddish decently well (also curse the base 90 sp.def). Sadly, Oddish is also the only super effective move you got unless you're Bulbasaur (then you trample poor Vappy.) Squirtle will quite literally win with just tackle and tail whip. Nothing's really bad with this at all, as this level of difficulty is more acceptable. So, balance problems up to first gym...

-It's only absurd how 1st level of the 1st dungeon is the hardest level of the entire dungeon. An army of lvl 5/6 Paras is far more threatening than the wheeny Lv4 Zubats down below. Diglett as the ultimate rare encounter isn't much either. So, it's strange how the first 10 steps will dictate life or death, while it's breeze through the rest of the cave...

-Before you fight the 1st gym, you can keep going north and skip the 1st gym altogether. This means, super easy training against lvl 12 bellsprout, which will make you lvl 20 in no time... Best to let Vito block the path up north, and let him move out of the way only after when you beat the 1st gym.

-Starmie lv14 in the 1st gym got a geodude moveset... goofup there. Lv14 Starmie at this point with the default 4 moves should be highly surprising and fair enough of a challenge for a gym trainer.

Starmie lv 14 @ no items
    -rapid spin
    -swift
    -recover
    -water gun

(if you feel like being mean, take out rapid spin so increase chances of swift/water gun instead from the dumb AI)

-Horsea Lv10 is a joke. Horsea got weak stats even for an unevolved, so probably best to up its lvl to 12 or 13. Bubble is just sad, and smokescreen obviously cannot do anything either. Give it...

Horsea Lv 12/13 @ Oran Berry
    -water gun/water pulse
    -twister
    -agility

At least it can Twister (sounds powerful, but it's only dragon version of gust) against the grass types now. Oran berry makes this more of a gym, really.

Vaporeon Lv 14 @ Mystic Water/Oran Berry
    -Water Pulse
    -Quick Attack
    -Tail Whip

I've only seen it use Water Gun in my battle, but this set should be decent. Water Pulse is gym TM (pretty sure Rock Tomb is only a carryover from the original Pewter) and it's a decent mid-game water TM. It all fits. Plus, confusion = pain. Quick attack and tail whip are just non-water filler to make Vaporeon a tough opponent for the first gym. You can add mystic water as an easter egg for those brave souls who used the thief TM already to be a Pokemon/RPG perfectionist (mystic power's boost is very neglectable by itself), or Oran Berry to be practical.

<><><>

-From 1st gym to 2nd gym is where chaos breaks lose in terms of balance. The best part is the lvl 18 Pidgeotto that you'll fight very shortly after the 1st gym, giving trainers an illusion that "oh gosh 2nd gym must be tough." Strangely enough, that Pidgeotto can probably destroy the entire Ice Gym save Lapras. So...
    a) lower Pidgeotto's level to 16

-After the Pidgeotto of doom, somehow the entire world got hit by a nerfstick, and the game lost its fun difficulty from first gym. Trainer level drops to 10 (eh, that's the same level as the last rocket in the 1st dungeon...), which is 2 levels lower than the wild LV12 bellsprouts, and super weak in comparison to the ultra rare Pinsir of that area. Oh, most of them are reverting back to the Pidgey/Rattata tactics too... I miss the vast varity of Pokemon in the first dungeon's trainers.
    b) Raise all the other trainer's level to at least 13/14
    c) Pokemon varity (but surely you know that, just no time for it) Won't mind occassional custom movesets on a few particular trainers either.

-Nugget Pass is like, revert back to super old Pokemon training areas with lv 7 caterpies and weedles? huh? o_o; Up their level to 12 or so to match the bellsprouts earlier, perhaps?

-ever wonder why there's a million rock Pokemon in this rainy route? Also just happen to notice that the one slowpoke there actually got a custom moveset to have Confusion before its natural level of learning it too ^^ Hehe

-Vito Battle #2... Since he reappears, I'll consider him a rival level of battle. Since last encounter, he's... barely stronger. Pikachu gain a few levels, but then double team effectively deletes Thundershock according to AI leveling, so Pikachu is literally useless except lucky thunder waves. Pikachu *needs* a custom set to make sure that it got thundershock. I believe its level is 16. Keep it.

Pikachu Lv 16 @ Any Berry (Oran to be practical)
    -Thundershock
    -Thunderwave
    -Quick Attack
    -Double Team

This set got 2 attack moves, and thunder wave is the royal pain. Double Team is purely for filler reasons. It beats tail whip and growl at least (in the AI perspective.)

Wartortle just kept using withdraw over and over again, even though it got the rain AND i did sent out Charmeleon...

Wartortle Lv 17 @ Sitrus Berry/Oran Berry
    -Water Gun
    -Tackle
    -Withdraw
    -nothing or bubble

If we want to boost the AI so that it has a 1/3 chance of getting water gun instead of 1/4, go with nothing. Otherwise, bubble filler. Wartortle may really need sitrus berry to be of any challenge, even with the rain boost. Exp is so abundant in nugget crossing that the trainer is probably lvl 17+ already for multiple Pokemon. Plus, my own experience says that Wartortle's AI is the pit.

-The small patch of grass with the 2 bird keepers in it didn't change its original wild Pokemon. There's still lvl 25 Raticate, Fearow and Doduo. Either the trainer is screwed and get eaten alive, or the game is screwed as the trainer eats the birds alive and gain massive experience here. We'll probably need to change the wild Pokemon here...

-2nd Gym... oh gosh. Its only a 5 level raise, but the trainers inbetween got a 8 level raise? Also, the entire gym got no ice attacks except for Icicle Spear and 1 powder snow :x It's basically Water Gym Part 2. Probably best to up the levels to be similar to that of Misty in the original, of lvl 18 trainers, and lvl 20/21 gym leader. Actually, even up to Lv 23 Lapras is all fine and dandy.

Shellder- up lvl to 18 and it's fine. Its default moveset is surprisingly not bad.

Seel- up lvl to 18 and it's fine. Before it's at 16 and all the poor thing can do is growl and headbutt... now it'll have an ice attack to fit an ice gym.

Snorunt- up to lv 18 and use default set. Yay icy wind again.

-Gym leader... how different this is compare to vappy...Smoochum's stats sucks. Its level sucks and its moves suck... ew.

Smoochum Lv 20 @ Some Berry
    -Sing
    -Confusion
    -Ice Punch
    -Hail

Eh, Hail Badge gives Hail I guess? Ice gym giving Water TM didn't make the most sense to me... but It can't do anything, so might as well go with Lapras's singing line for a small sleep theme to kick with. Ice Punch is 75 power, but it won't do much still with low stats. Actually, Brawly even got Focus Punch on a Meditate if people even notice, and that's wayyy stronger than Ice Punch. Not all unfair to give this little thing Ice Punch.

Lapras Lv 21 @ Some berry (oran for practical, sitrus for evil)
    -Water Pulse/Shockwave
    -Icy Wind
    -Body Slam
    -Sing

You had Confuse Ray and Water Pulse originally, which is repeating itself, so nah... Leave the status to sing which is far more annoying if it ever hits. I dunno how to fit Hail in for "theme" as Hail is just that pathetic, so I'll leave it out ;x If you feel like it, you can also replace water pulse with shockwave. Anything that's weak to water pulse, is also weak to icy wind, and anything that resist water pulse will also resist icy wind at this point of the game anyway. Throw in shockwave for the shocking surprise at the wartortles and vaporeons. [/pun] Still, Jolteon walks over this entire gym being the only electric Pokemon available, and a darn good one.

*note: besides the Pidgeotto of Doom Lv 18, and the forgot-to-edit-map of bicycle path, there's another trainer before the 2nd gym that also uses Lv 18 Pokemon at some location much closer to the 2nd gym, but I forgot where it is... by then, Lv 18 is nothing though. Just to give you the heads-up.

I saved here for the night, and I'll keep going to the last 2 gyms available! Doing great so far overall compare to most hacks! (Some lines are so funny XD; Jeremy is so lovable)

-note: haven't really tested fishing yet to see its impact on exp growth and etc etc...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    That's really strange... o.O; Cause back then GSC trainers got held items (such as a Machamp on the 3rd re-match will hold the black belt for you to theif.) Hm, well if no item, that's still ok... the item can at most be a nuisance anyway.

And is Coin Case included? I don't think it is huh o.o; or at least, it's now in the same city as where the game corner is?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well, I don't quite remember, but some Pokefans don't use hold items? (Maybe it was in Ruby... Perhaps I'm getting confused here...)

Meh... You can always make them "use" items on pokes, anyway (not the same, but... quite close) But, I still think that the curve of difficulty is quite good. (Unless he would want to make a "Rijon X" hehehe... :laugh:)

Good luck HS... I hope you have a lot of work ready! (I hope you are close to your goal!)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Pokefan's items are a result of the wild Pokemon naturally holding the berry. It always seems to be on the pokefans because they always use Pokemon with 30% Oran Berry hold item.

Using item takes up a turn, so it's really not the same... In fact, most of the time using an item will *usually* be in your benefit unless it's full restore because a free turn rocks.

lol, I think the difficulty of this game is... not too stable. First gym is way harder than 2nd. The 3rd gym got nothing except for the lone Lanturn at the end, since the AI sucks at pulling off parafusion. The 4th gym also got nothing except for Jumpluff (relatively difficult... I had to resort to abusing the AI's battle program to win it. This gym is just bad timing how your badge is still only lvl 30 max and Jumpluff is way faster than every Pokemon you can get so far at that level except Dugtrio and Jolteon.)

Also, a single grass type can destroy all 4 gyms. Water gym is duh. Ice gym got no ice attacks so it's basically water again. Grass is also immune to leech seed and poisonpowder, so it's basically acid/tackle vs acid for 4th gym. 3rd gym is elect so you just walk over it, especially Lanturn which is anti-ground for that gym but not anti-grass.

Yeah I got the slot now. I just keep thinking that it's in the same town, but then moved on and there it is :x

Last edited:

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Hey guys!....

I'm pretty new here and just wondering H.S. when you think the
    next Beta is going to be out cause i'm dying to get into the area past Moraga town :-)...

foofatron

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    After this are you giong to make another addtion to the sieres?When DS emulators work better you could continue the sieres on D/P.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2008
    i decided to go up from where i first battled vito, before doin first gym. i was runnin in the grass to find a pokemon for me to capture, and i found myself battling a lv.26 voltorb? i believe this should be fixed considering its the route right after the first gym lol

the attachment is the screenie

userpr

Quilava Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    wow these screens look amazing(goes off and searches for previous game)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Was wondering... So after 7th gym, do I get to the "buggy" tripass and go on there, or am I suppose to get waterfall/rock smash elsewhere... I swear that I can't find them, yet going to the Islands sound like I'm entering a region that's not been edited yet o.O;

(detailed report after midterms are over on Friday)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Do you know how I can get to 3rd gym?

I believe that the version that's currently hosted does not have the 3rd gym... it only has 4 out of the 8 gyms or so, according to earlier posts. In theory, you can use the underdock pass to access the areas north of Seashore, and head north from there (it's all linear, you'll run into the gym after a walk and few battles along the way.)

PoetikaL

The Shiny Hunter
    Years
    I must say that I enjoyed playing your hack. By far the best I have ever played. Since it's the 16th, this is the release date, obviously you're not done. But how far are you to completion, I'm anxious because I love your hack!!!!!

Years
    I want to play it cause i played brown but i can't remember how to be able to play it, could you help me please? this looks like a really good one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Wow, those moss altars look neat. What possibly could be the mystery surrounding these monuments... can't wait to find out! :D

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Just in case if you wonder why Frosty is making no progress...

Training Chikorita from lvl 15 to the desired lvl 50 minimum is insanely... tedious. This game is majorly unfriendly towards anything that can't kill Beedrill by themselves =x (not that it's a bad thing, just a minor annoyance)

*continues to surf for crappy Psyduck for crappy experience ;;*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back