• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Shadow of the Wastes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Just a quick question Kaylee, is that character you made for yourself going to be a character you fight? Or like a character at all?

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
Years
Maybe you'll battle her, maybe not - she's designed after me somewhat, and thus not as likely to challenge you, except maybe under certain circumstances.

But be certain, either way, she will be in there. ;)

EDIT:
I managed to get Poison Mist working in battles!

The Poison Mist weather now exists in battles. I created a move to summon this weather in order to test and debug it, and it seems to be working properly.

While active, Poison Mist (or PMIST) gives Toxic Poison status to any non-Steel, non-Poison type Pokémon in battle. It does not poison Pokémon who are digging or who have dived (though I may change that), and it knows not to poison a Pokémon that is already poisoned.

I still need to take care of making the Poison Mist work on the overworld, but I was downright thrilled that I got this far.

EDITx2:
Maruno helped me understand how overworld weather works, so I've gotten Poison Mist working on the overworld. Though I nearly imploded my head troubleshooting my own code. Argh, I hate math.

Anyway, right now Poison Mist is just a screen tint, but it's functional, and that was the important thing. Maybe at some point I'll also get some animated mist sort of thing going on, but in the mean time... it's functional. When a map is set to Poison weather, Poison Mist is up in battle.

Now... Hmm. How to make Surf water that poisons the Surfer? I think I've had just about enough scripting for the day, though... DX

EDITx3:
Well, it's not animated, but the mist overworld weather actually shows up as a mist now. This means Poison mist is pretty much fully functional, and once I have a tileset for the Wastes, I can map it any time.

Now can someone come in here so we can celebrate with CAKE AND ICECREAM AND GOODIES OF ALL SORTS?

I mean, that's one of my two to three EPIC barriers out of the way! ...Uh, if you don't count the massive amount of graphics needed, anyway. But seriously, people!

Anyway, Maruno and his Pokémon Essentials Wiki are epic.

Oh, and also... if I figure out how to make poison surf water and nobody's posted yet, I really will not know what to do with you people. DX (Seeing as I have no idea how long such a thing might take.)

EDITx4 (this is getting ridiculous...):
So, I've changed the controls to work differently now (with a bit of help from Maruno yet again), which is something I've wanted to do for a while now. I've got it set up to work a lot like the way I set up my VBA controls - and more like Pokémon controls in general. For example, the menu button is different from the cancel button now, and the cancel button is the same as the running button. And (best of all) the "select" button is no longer F5. w00t! The one problem is that you must cancel the menu with "b" - that is, the A key - you can't do it with the menu button (which happens to be "x", the F key). If/when I figure out how to fix that, but only for the menu, then I will.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back