• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Waters/Hazing Flames [Upd. Sept. 30]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    I want this. Holy psyduck!

Oh my, it's Sacred :] Sup.

Alright I have to say there are quite a few things I like about your starters however there are also a few things I dislike about them starting with the Grass starters the concept of berries growing as it evolves is something that I feel suites your starter I am also fond of the designs of Leafur and Epserry however Makoison coloring that shade of green that I personally find obnoxious is the reason I would rule out Leafur as my possible starter.

Now on to the Fire starter a bird transforming into a dinosaur is a concept I find quite cool I am also impressed by there designs Raptini, Flaryx, and Veloclaw however I feel Veloclaw sprite could be improved by making him look a bit more vicious either by having a claw outstretched or having his jaw open possibly both Raptini is definitely a starter that I would choose.

And finally the water starter Coral reef + Salamanders = Awesomeness I don't have much to say about this one I like all there designs Salaqua, Amphydro, and Plethanos all look great I can say right now it's going to be a difficult choice between Raptini and Salaqua.

I personally think the green fits, but the Veloclaw backsprite could indeed be a bit more dynamic. Will keep that in mind. Thanks!

Lookin' good, lookin' good! Can't wait to see more!

Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2015
    Weekly Update: September Week 3

(The squeaky voice in it is my little brother.)
    I made a video for this week's update rather than typing it out like the others. We are currently looking for some help with the game, especially in the scripting aspect.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Kind of weekly update: September #4

Apologies for the late update this week, but I'm somewhat busy and will probably be the next few weeks as well.
    Still had the opportunity to sprite something, so it's at least something new! Spoilers for those who don't want to see it - just in case, you know.

Spoiler:

Also, I want to remind everyone that we posted a script update video last week, which you can find right above. Would really help the progress if we'd be able to find another scripter soon! Be sure to leave a message if interested.

See y'all soon.

RB11

Creator of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Advance
    Years
  • Kind of weekly update: September #4

Apologies for the late update this week, but I'm somewhat busy and will probably be the next few weeks as well.
    Still had the opportunity to sprite something, so it's at least something new! Spoilers for those who don't want to see it - just in case, you know.

Spoiler:

Also, I want to remind everyone that we posted a script update video last week, which you can find right above. Would really help the progress if we'd be able to find another scripter soon! Be sure to leave a message if interested.

See y'all soon.
    Looking good as always! Keep up the good work guys

BadEgg~

Pokémon: Volant Version Developer
    Years
  • My gosh you have some amazing graphical modification skills. I'm dying to know where people get these assets o3o. Especially the trees, grass and water. Maybe I should frequent WaH a bit more.

There is no substitute for solid scripting so I strongly suggest that you read up on XSE, might I recommend diegoisawesome's mega XSE tutorial? It covers everything you'll need and is very comprehensive. It's great to have open in a separate tab to refer back to while scripting.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    So we've decided to change the frequency of updates a bit.
    We'll try to put out 1-2 every month. Seeing as most of us (including myself) are really busy, and we would otherwise just show sprite after sprite, I think this was the better decision. Bear with us while we do what we can & figure things out.
    Regardless, we'll still be reading and considering all feedback, of course, so keep doing that :P

Reply to BadEgg:
    Spoiler:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Take all the time you guys need. There's no need to rush a project. (unless you have another one in mind, then by all means, go for it)

Zoroyoyo41

Novice Expert
    Years
  • Hey Reshilegend :)
    You probably don't remember me, but I helped with this hack wayyyyyy back before the alpha stages :P My computer broke, and I completely forgot anything about this!
    Anyway, it sounds like you could still do with a little bit of help on the mapping, just to take a bit of the workload off of your shoulders. I'm up to help :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Hey Reshilegend :)
    You probably don't remember me, but I helped with this hack wayyyyyy back before the alpha stages :P My computer broke, and I completely forgot anything about this!
    Anyway, it sounds like you could still do with a little bit of help on the mapping, just to take a bit of the workload off of your shoulders. I'm up to help :D

I do remember you, I don't think we managed to do much back then. Either way, right now we're not doing maps so we don't need a mapper, but you're definitely still welcome if you want to help with giving some mapping feedback!

The fakemon need to be worked on or new better ones need to be made other than that it looks pretty damn amazing.

Essentially what I've been working on the past few weeks. You can expect many improvements and redesigns. I'm trying to make them look more "official".

Zoroyoyo41

Novice Expert
    Years
  • I do remember you, I don't think we managed to do much back then. Either way, right now we're not doing maps so we don't need a mapper, but you're definitely still welcome if you want to help with giving some mapping feedback!

Awhh that's okay :P I appreciate the reply! I'll show you some maps in the private messages (y)

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2016
    This hack looks great!!

I just can't wait to play the final version.
    Can I just transfer this hack and its update to Chinese forum for promotion?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    This hack looks great!!

I just can't wait to play the final version.
    Can I just transfer this hack and its update to Chinese forum for promotion?

Not at the moment, sorry. Would probably be better when we have a demo out, so I'm afraid it will take a while.

Years
  • If i may recommend a new pokemon for your proyect i would be happy (I passed all my childhood making fakemon) but i couldn't digitize anything, cause I always lost my patience with AI, photoshop and even my scanner, lol...
    Anyway, just ask me if you need in terms of adding fakemon.

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
    Years
  • maaan I'm amazed with these graphics! is look so much original and very well made !
    It deserve a new title beside "pokemon" haha (as a ripoff?) because looks so much original! o_o
    Keep the good work!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back