• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Waters/Hazing Flames [Upd. Sept. 30]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Poochyena

[size=1][u][b][color=purple]You read my usertitle.
Years
  • Wow the tiling looks amazing! I especially love the water animations and the beautiful blue color of it. This is a pretty interesting and unique hack!

eon of legend

Champ eon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2017
    At the very least there should be a beta even if it is only 2-3 towns

Last edited by a moderator:

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
    Years
  • ...such beautiful graphics! This hack would be easily prominent in years to come! What hard work has gone into these?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 6, 2018
    This is really a great project! Keep it up! And it would also be nice to see maybe some battle action or scripts?
    This could win best Graphics 2015/2016 for sure.
    Wish I could insert tiles and tilesets like this. Would make my hacks that much more beautiful.

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
    Years
  • There are some really promising fakemon. But, to be honest, I hate the idea of fakemon and original pokemon in one hack. I just don't know why. I like things being separated

Ganelon

The British Jedi
    Years
  • Get a good last look at the thread's OP, guys, because we're getting rid of it. With a new region and new story comes a new, prettier post to welcome people to the thread! I just finished with the CSS. Should update later today ;)

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    It has been done! Be sure to check out the first post.

We're also introducing regular updates! The plan is to show something small (or big) every week.
    Today, we're revealing the theme for the first town, being Lowlite Town! Made by Phazonruler himself.
    Check it out:

RB11

Creator of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Advance
    Years
  • Wow, can't wait for the release of this! The tiles are really good. Have you got things like battle backgrounds changed yet? Or are you focusing on tiling at the moment?
    Anyway, keep up the good work.

Ganelon

The British Jedi
    Years
  • Wow, can't wait for the release of this! The tiles are really good. Have you got things like battle backgrounds changed yet? Or are you focusing on tiling at the moment?
    Anyway, keep up the good work.

Right now our priorities are on mapping (tiling) and spriting. Things like battle backgrounds haven't really been thought about yet.

phazonruler

veteran
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2019
    Hey guys. Here's Lowlite Town but remastered. This version doesn't use the Gba soundfont

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Weekly update: September Week 2

Hey everyone, back with another update. Today we'd like to share some details on the starters you will be able to pick in this hack. Now these have been shown before, but have been fixed visually here and there, and now have names and other information. We'd love to hear what you (don't) like about them, what you would change, all that good stuff.

Grass starters:

Spoiler:

Fire starters:

Spoiler:

Water starters:

Spoiler:

And that's it. As you can see, we worked on dex entries and got that done fairly quickly. Stats, moves, etc. will come later once we start balancing the metagame, so to speak. Suggestions for those are always welcome though!
    For future Fakemon reveals, we'll have a similar format, but for those who don't like spoilers, we will only show silhouettes of evolutions here. For the full sprites we'll provide links as well, if you want to see them. Unless people really don't care about spoilers.

The OP now has an update section, too. Should you miss an update, you can take a quick look there.
    See you next week!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    Alright I have to say there are quite a few things I like about your starters however there are also a few things I dislike about them starting with the Grass starters the concept of berries growing as it evolves is something that I feel suites your starter I am also fond of the designs of Leafur and Epserry however Makoison coloring that shade of green that I personally find obnoxious is the reason I would rule out Leafur as my possible starter.

Now on to the Fire starter a bird transforming into a dinosaur is a concept I find quite cool I am also impressed by there designs Raptini, Flaryx, and Veloclaw however I feel Veloclaw sprite could be improved by making him look a bit more vicious either by having a claw outstretched or having his jaw open possibly both Raptini is definitely a starter that I would choose.

And finally the water starter Coral reef + Salamanders = Awesomeness I don't have much to say about this one I like all there designs Salaqua, Amphydro, and Plethanos all look great I can say right now it's going to be a difficult choice between Raptini and Salaqua.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back