• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokémon Smash (April 15)

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
  • I like how big of a difference there is between Black and White, and Black and White 2.

The gameplay showed a lot of stuff, and I am getting quite anxious for this game.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like how big of a difference there is between Black and White, and Black and White 2.

The gameplay showed a lot of stuff, and I am getting quite anxious for this game.
    Very much so. And not just in comparison with Black and White, but any game really.

This week + Pokémon Smash has definitely had me the most excited for B2W2.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Very much so. And not just in comparison with Black and White, but any game really.

This week + Pokémon Smash has definitely had me the most excited for B2W2.

Not only that but the massive amount of originality these games (as well as the original B/W games) have. What looks like a movie theater, battling stage, gym puzzles (even though only one was revealed), as well as legendary Pokemon concept, where the game is actually taking place; everything about it I'm loving.
    I'm telling ya, I haven't been this excited since we all thought that R/S/E remakes were coming out.

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    This was my reaction:

Pokémon Smash (April 15)

However, why the hell do only the starters have different animations?

Lancelot-sama!

i call it bipolar game fandom.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2018
    I was a little surprised when the rival actually began following you. Maybe it's sort of like that thing in the D/P/Pt games, where people temporarily follow you? I'm glad that we get to name him again, and he has a pretty awesome theme to boot! I don't really think he'll have a similar "Silver" character, as he has a younger sibling so I doubt he'd have a cold personality. Still have high hopes for him though.

New pokemon animations are also cool, although I honestly would've been fine without them. But, would that means attack moves might have different or new animations too? that'd also be cool, but I also wouldn't mind not having them. I'm glad that they showed us quite a bit of stuff, I was worried they would leave us hanging you know?

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I'd have to agree with the reaction on the GIF :3

I definitely enjoyed the gameplay footage. The intro seemed almost like a trailer, similar to how they did the intro for the original Black and White. I'm somewhat wondering if they're maybe concealing something by only showing us the top screen in the gameplay... I'd definitely like to see what they didn't show us. Especially Black Kyurem and White Kyurem's 3D models in action on the title screen.

The battle between Reshiram and Black Kyurem was quite unexpected. But, I liked it. The Black Kyurem sprite wasn't the most attractive, but it's still Pokemon, I'll still love it! I'm glad this time they didn't wait till the very end of the show to show us the gameplay footage this time, unlike the initial B2/W2 announcement. :/ I must say that in general, the past few days have been so exciting for Black 2 and White 2! :D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I was just re-watching what was shown on Pokémon Smash, and I realized there was a girl who walked up to the protagonist's house and looked up at the sky. ?_?

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Anyone know who she is?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I was just re-watching what was shown on Pokémon Smash, and I realized there was a girl who walked up to the protagonist's house and looked up at the sky. ?_?

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Anyone know who she is?

I was thinking that maybe, maybe, she was the mom?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • As tempted as I am to watch that gameplay on Pokémon Smash, I'm going to stop myself, the images are enough and I don't really want to spoil it for once especially how excited I am for these games. I've previously ruined that by watching gameplays importing the japanese version etc. So this time I'll wait and hopefully it shall be worth it!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I was thinking that maybe, maybe, she was the mom?
    I was also thinking that, she looks like she could be.

I don't know how you do it Suicune, I replayed the bits of this Pokémon Smash almost five times. :[

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Suicune is made of steel. Nothing can make him budge. B]

But yeah, I was seriously thinking that she was the mom of either the protagonist or rival. I'm leaning towards protagonist.
    I can't wait for more reveals on Smash. I wish I got Japanese television just so I could watch all of the people scream and yell while they reveal more and more of the games. ;;

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    The Swordsmen are shown in the intro, then they will most likely have a role in the main storyline.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'll probably end up watching that, the temptation will become too high but that is only because from what I've read there is quite a great deal of interesting content in it, I'll try resist any others and I definitely wont be importing. It's great how much speculation we get and information we've received from such a small snippet of game play yet there's probably loads more to find out, well granted the games are released in 2 months they still have enough time to get some more details out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I actually watched through Smash at a later point :( /bad
    I can say it looked much better than what I read though.. XD;

I think she's probably the mother too, or an upgraded Juniper perhaps...? idk.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • According to the intro of the games, the trio of Terrakion, Cobalion, & Virizion will have a role in the games.

That REALLY gets me excited for these games now. I love the muskateer trio, it also gets me thinking Keldeo will play a role in the games too.

I wonder about the three genies? I wonder if they get any action too? Maybe they're on the bottom screen? So many questions...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wonder about the three genies? I wonder if they get any action too? Maybe they're on the bottom screen? So many questions...
    Never thought about that! I hope they do play a role, I love the genie trio.

Pokémon Smash should have showed us the bottom screen of the intro as well, I mean why not? :(

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    More than anything, the cast of Pokemon Smash should shut up when they do gameplay specials so we can hear the music and what not! D';
    It was a little exciting to see just about every legendary featured in the intro, though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If the genies have an important role in the 15th movie which was revealed the same time these games were announced then I'm sure they will be important in the game, they would fit in great also I really love their designs.

Can I ask has the rival music changed? I kind of heard it when I clicked on the video accidently and it sounded different, I'll assume it has considering these are new games and it's a new rival but just checking.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    More than anything, the cast of Pokemon Smash should shut up when they do gameplay specials so we can hear the music and what not! D';
    It was a little exciting to see just about every legendary featured in the intro, though.
    I bet they did that just so we wouldn't be able to hear the music too well haha.

I love how comical Zekrom and Reshiram appeared.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I actually watched through Smash at a later point :( /bad
    I can say it looked much better than what I read though.. XD;

I think she's probably the mother too, or an upgraded Juniper perhaps...? idk.

Juniper's actually a good guess, if you look at the hair on her head it matches. Except Juniper's hair is held up by magic instead of a hairband so maybe not.

Back