• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 17, 2015
If someone could help me figure out how to download and play this hack that'd be fantastic :)

L Z

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 4, 2020
So I made a few posts in this thread some time ago, and I relatively recently began another playthrough of this hack because my girlfriend and I wanted something to do together (but she wound up quitting saying it was too hard; I even hacked in a cyndaquil and a kenchira for her to use early game lol). So here I am on my second-and-a-halfthfthfth playthrough (kinda long story), holding off on going into the necropolis because reasons I can't bother to remember. I have caught Luca*, Téa, Turmur, Shaderu, and Roclobster legitimately (debating if I should bring shaderu into the necropolis cuz that would make it way too easy, since it's lv 85 and has ludicrous attack even without EV training) and probably going to hack in a waterfall HM because I can't bring myself to have a seaking on my team. Current team is Turmur, Treemadio, Dragoone, Raikou, Toxicroak, and Bute (I don't even know why I'm putting myself through training that..... thing. I have a Dusclops that wants that slot more, or a Zangol if the mood strikes again). I wound up back on this thread while investigating how to use those Miner items and to try and locate Mewby and Mutagon and subsequently wound up reading half this thread.

Whee.

So I have a few random things to blarg real quick:
-To expand upon the first post I made here, a Paras with Aqua Heal will not keep that ability upon evolving because Parasect doesn't have an ability in its second ability slot upon YAPE investigation. This seems like a relatively easy thing to fix, but I'll touch on that in a bit.
-Did I just miss it, or is there SERIOUSLY nobody who caught the reference the Deadly Seven were? I mean... I didn't see anybody state it outright, but their existence, in addition to anything hajike- or chikuwa- related (probably others that I'm just not thinking of), were all a reference to one thing. Am I the only one that got it?
-What is the software people typically use to make rom hacks? This game and the lack of Cutlerine nowadays has made me want to make my own hax like this one, and I figure buttsing around in the Snakewood codez would be a good way to learn it a bit, much like how he learned the ropes making it. Also, YAPE doesn't seem to have the kind of depth to edit stuff like what is needed for this game. Things I would want to do to it are make the areas that look like they are supposed to be something be accessible, fix Parasect's ability, make Mewby obtainable, etc.
Spoiler:

I think there was more I wanted to say but I can't recall it anymore.

*I got Luca
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
I don't know where to say it but since I found this post while searching for info I might aswell say it here I guess xD
I played/play alot of hacks, I'm tired of the basic games, I've played them way too much, so I really like hacks. I've played hacks with weird tiles who look really old skool but still sweet and great stories and whatever you can say about pokemon hacks but.. I have a personal top rated list and n.1 isnt the best in my list, it's just the one I could think of first and for me the best ones so far are
1. victory fire
2. light platinum comp dex
3. ash gray
4. SNAKEWOOD
5. dark rising (still have to play the sequel)
6. the ruby destiny series
7. apollo (a great team rocket version, sadly not finished)
8. hyetologi (buggs here and there so regular saves but good)

but if I have to really rate these hacks by number from the ones I've stated above then snakewood would be eaily competing with the best ones! amazing story, so far in the 98% complete version, only minor and of no importance buggs and, I played the fake game pokemon jade myself) AMAZING REFERENCE TO THE WORLD OF THE ANTENNA TREES!!! I played these 10 years or more ago and to find links to it in an original hack, amazing!
great work cutlerine, keep it up and start a series like djg from ruby destiny! I love almost everything about it!

so now come comment from my personal playing experience towards you cutlerine and players from this forum:
1. I find the difficulty before the league in level of the team you make medium, if you take some time you can keep it up, not easily but certain types in certain place are good to get up to level
(specially if you get one of the pokes from calm island, left of mauville you get op roselias and volbeat and illumise so you can boost them fast) after this it gets hard depending of the types you picked tho xD
2. the mystery and after eggs are cool but I feel that the reward after evolving the hyperegg in terms of moves and stats aren't really worth the effort you have to put in to lvl it
3. I like the system of looters and few pokemarkets (a great embed in the story) but there is zero option to get all or more of decent TM's
4. this would be the last tho and just to make it more comfortable, there is very little training options for the types you need

so generally I rate it a 9 of 10 points, which means in hack terms, almost can't get better!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2016
Does anyone know where I can download the snakewood hack? I've searched everywhere but none of links work.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Are all the sprites (Gleiss, inquisitors, chefs, hombone, zigzagoos, zombies and the woman) supposed to be just standing around in Mauville city when you enter it? I tried talking to them but nothing happens. It's like they are frozen in time. Something similar happened in New Mauville with the guy just inside.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2023
Whenever I click to download it opens an attachment.php thing but doesn't download the zip. Can anyone help?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Does anyone know where I can download this hack like a mediafire link? I tried downloading it from here but all I got was a .php....I even tried the Dropbox one and its still the same...can someone please help? I really want to play this hack

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 13, 2016
uhm... cutlerine(if i spelled it right) i think i might have used the arcane key in the early games before i defeated senex and tried to catch the fake legendaries, i also think i used it in the storage room instead of the other rooms, am i really stuck? i also think that i won't finish the game due to my glitching, likei did not go through the lilycove sewers but instead at the exit already, am i really hopeless? btw, thank you for creating this wonderful hack, i loved it. :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 19, 2016
This is a really nice hack but for some reason my game always ends in necropolis when i cant jump the ledge

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 19, 2016
Agree this is a really nice hack, but I can't get the event to trigger with the statues in the Necropolis. It either freezes and locks up the game or the event never happens, I'm stuck in an endless loop. I really want to progress.

nepramzelen

Znepram
Years
I need help, guys.... after i beat senex and he bakes the cake, im stuck at a proom of blue walls and floorall around.. i tried talking to the blue headband guy but he doesnt respond... ive stopped playing snakewood because of this but i want to start again... so i need help

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 15, 2022
Hey I'm in the necropolis and the part where I have to jump into the hole that leads north but a text bubble isn't showing up to let me jump in. I have tried to reload a save and that has not worked.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 22, 2016
Hello. I have been playing this came for a while, and have come across a glitch. I used rock smash on a rock near Meteor Falls, and it initiated a battle with a Geodude that I defeated. Once it returned me from the battle, I cannot move. All I can do is open the menu, and I do not have any teleporters. I have tried using a walk through walls code and an open fly menu glitch, none of which have worked :( anyone know the solution to this problem? (I am using VBA-M1 as my emulator.)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 15, 2016
Awesome hack guys, I think I finished the game twice one with and without cheats, I encountered a bug when going to littleroot town either via madio cave or wall hack that when you reach littleroot, your character plays the "getting of the bus into the house" scene from the original r/s/e game which when the character enters the house the screen goes black with background music

Also is there a legendary on top of Fort Draco tower

I also encountered in the lilycove sewers when reaching the sootopolis exit trap and Gleis sends you into a dream that you can't get out of the house because it says that the player wants breakfast whenever he reaches for the door. I clicked everything on the room nothing happens is there suppose to be a mom in the house because In the scene there isn't.

Need help. Thank you

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 30, 2016
BEST ROM HACK EVER

i need help. made an coount (after lurking since i found snakewood) and i cant find a moonstone or the tm for psychic. i want an unkown. raiku entei, suicune, and celebi are too mainstream ahahah

has anone ever made alist of tm locations for the snakewood?

Back