• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Well, really god luck, and do you know when are you gonna finish the translation? 1 month? 3 Weeks? 2 weeks?

Do you know when are you going to finish? And are you going tu use another english patch to translate pokemon names, itens and so on?

lol how can he know whenit will be finished

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Um, well, this seems like more like a ROM Hacking section thing to me, but I don't suppose it matters what I think. XD

Well, good luck with it I suppose, although the guys over at GBATemp are already well ahead of you, but like I said, good luck.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • google translate is 100% crap, ive seen it translate into hindi and vice-versa.. and absolute rubbish.

Agreed, everything turns into engrish, much like All your Base are Belong to us, a winner is you, and even a mistranslated line in DPPt: My Pokemon is fight, said by an Artist trainer after battle near Hearthome, also, I attemped to translate the Oak dialouge using google translate, and this is what it ended up as:

Hello, welcome to Pokemon world
    My name is Oak, but you call me Professor
    This world is, Pokemon live
    We live together in harmony, are friends Pokemon
    But many mystery remains
    Are you boy or lady
    Names please
    [name] you adventure begin
    you will learn more
    I will see you soon.....

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    I know this has been said atleast once before but I suggest you try to team up with some of the others at GBAtemp because I've got one of those and it has quite a few of the Items, most/all of the pokemon and alot of TMs and Menu Items, could save you like 10+ hours of translating which you could then use to beat Nintendo to the punch.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    I know this has been said atleast once before but I suggest you try to team up with some of the others at GBAtemp because I've got one of those and it has quite a few of the Items, most/all of the pokemon and alot of TMs and Menu Items, could save you like 10+ hours of translating which you could then use to beat Nintendo to the punch.
    But it's missing one of the most important things... dialogue. Plus all that stuff will be added to my patch later. Heck, translated moves and stuff MIGHT be in the first patch. But I want to to wait until a good amount of dialogue is inserted, before I do those.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    The teams on GBAtemp are actually kind of hostile right now. They'll probably refuse Magnius' help out of pride.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Welp, their loss. This translation is going pretty quickly. I'm already translating stuff from Cherrygrove.

erichan7

Somewhat a manga artist
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    Just sending this message ( Actually i registered in this forum just for this) to say, Concrats man!
    I Was kinda upset that the projects just translate the attacks and stuff, maybe i was the only player who cared for the story of the game, lol!
    In a version with so much dialog, the telephone and your "Minime" behind you, the dialog would be all to me
    Thanks a lot man! Good luck on your project, iam looking foward to playing it!! =DD

Xaddion

Yes.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2011
    A Pokemon translated where the dialogue is ACTUALLY translated? Yess... :D
    Have any idea when you will be able to post the first version, or at least a screenshot showing some new dialogue translated?

Years
  • its nice to hear you progressing so quickly with your translation
    i have faith in your work and cant wait to try it out

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    Why don't all the people doing translation projects band together and do a single translation that gets done 4 times as fast? :P

Xaddion

Yes.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2011
    Why don't all the people doing translation projects band together and do a single translation that gets done 4 times as fast? :P
    They all want the glory of doing a full translation first. Although if they collaborated, they can all share that glory and much sooner at that.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016

Like I've said before, the teams at GBAtemp are too busy with their hacking race to care about cooperation.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I don't care much, I've been getting around fine without understanding anything hehe =]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back