• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    I don't care much, I've been getting around fine without understanding anything hehe =]
    Okay, but then what was the point of this comment man? And if you don't want to play the patch, you don't have to play it. I just don't see the point of this comment.

Years
  • I can not wait until this is finished !!! I created this account just to post here, just like that other guy. I'll be watching this post and posting in it until your finished, Thanks so much for doing this!!!!!!!!

Zadow

Pokemon Ebony Developer
    Years
  • I wish you good luck! :D You're fantastic since you've figured it out, and can translate it. ^^ Remember not to rush yourself! I give you my full support. (Even if I get a full translation patch, I'm still totally buying the game as soon as it's released in english, or pre-ordering.) :D *huggles* Don't forget to give us updates. ^^

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Am excited for this, It may make me want to play the freezy ROM again.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    New screenies.

Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Agreed, everything turns into engrish, much like All your Base are Belong to us, a winner is you, and even a mistranslated line in DPPt: My Pokemon is fight, said by an Artist trainer after battle near Hearthome.

Actually, I think that was a reference to "My Tank is Fight!", which is the name of a book written by Zack Parson, known as a member of the SA forums, and, incidentally, was a translator for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

I'd like to see a good, understandable fan translation. Partially for comprehension, partially to see how it stacks against the official English version. Good luck on the project, magnius.

Last edited:

hcake

pokegirl
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    i found this thread trying to look for a decent english translation going on and kudos to you :)
    the people at GBAtemp, from what i've seen don't really give a sh*t about the dialogue and seem pretty much like they don't care about the actualy gameplay of pokemon :(
    i've played my fair share of the games and they'd be boring without the dialogue in my opinion, and way too hard to work out! i have a semi-translated version of ss and i'm playing it with a video walkthrough cause i can't really do much without dialogue.

can't wait til this is finished :)

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    dude your flying through this seriously good luck with it

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Okay, but then what was the point of this comment man? And if you don't want to play the patch, you don't have to play it. I just don't see the point of this comment.
    Chill out bro lmao I don't care much for myself but for my fellow colleagues who would enjoy to read the dialogue, I wish them the best of luck =P

MsBroccoli

MsBroccoli
    Years
  • Thank you so much for doing this! :) I wish I could help you, but I'm so ignorant when it comes to hacking. I really respect what you're doing and all hackers, I could never have the patience for this.

DarkNecroWolf

Godly Member
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Could you maybe release the patched rom instead of just the patch please, because I hate having to manually patch my roms thanks and good luck!!!!

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    ...and even a mistranslated line in DPPt: My Pokemon is fight,
    That was no mistake. The person who translated DPPt was somebody from the SA forums. "My <noun> is fight!" is a meme there. (Please correct me on any details I am wrong about)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back