• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Special (Adventures) Scans and Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToshiroSato

Crazy Brit
Years
  • Wow, I missed a fair bit.

I won't be making a new thread, am too lazy for that.

Yellow is right Ryan, like I said on MSN we are fans doing it for the fans no other motive. I find I get satisfaction out of the fact that I know that people are able to enjoy the volume I scanned.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Haha, just think about the PokeSpe project-- a ton of people worked hard to scanlate, but every couple of chapters we did, someone else would scan the entire volume in no time flat, and we'd have to drop it and start over with another volume. This happened at least 3 times.

While I am a little bitter that we "seemed to do all of this for naught," I'm still really excited that wow, I can actually read some Pokemon Special now. I think that people's efforts to provide the manga inspire others to do the same, so as much as it kind of sucks, don't think everything was pointless. People still really appreciate the effort.

ToshiroSato

Crazy Brit
    Years
  • Haha, just think about the PokeSpe project-- a ton of people worked hard to scanlate, but every couple of chapters we did, someone else would scan the entire volume in no time flat, and we'd have to drop it and start over with another volume. This happened at least 3 times.

While I am a little bitter that we "seemed to do all of this for naught," I'm still really excited that wow, I can actually read some Pokemon Special now. I think that people's efforts to provide the manga inspire others to do the same, so as much as it kind of sucks, don't think everything was pointless. People still really appreciate the effort.

Minaki, I love you~!! You are my goddess, with out your efforts I would still be stuck on volume 10 of Pokemon Adventures. I bow down to you and your crew!

kazukiPP

Manga Fan
    Years
  • Oh, I remember those days, when we start pokespecial project xDD. It was horrible clean some chapters of pksupe and then, someone scan entire volume.

Finally, since years awaiting, we have 1-27 vols. Thanks to our work on PC.

PD: Ranger Batonnage Manga is scanlated right now. Coming soon we DATS Team will be realeasing chapter 2 and 3. So stay tuned xD

Berlitz

The Bewildered Summoner
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    Scanning is admirable. Why ? Because you have a whole life out there, life is so hell vast. And still, you like Pokémon Adventures,yes, you enojy it`s world. And there are people who gather in this place that enjoy it like you do, to discuss and make friends. And you take your time to scan the material you have, your scans being considered good or not, to the other fans like you so they can continue to read the exciting storyline and be happy, amuse themselves.
    Yes, you have no obligation, it`s just like charity, helping others doesn`t matter if you`re helped or not. It`s an use of your time to please other people, it`s an exercise of being good. Your scans are said to have a quality inferior to Durial`s ? What does it matter ? It`s your effort. And you inspire other peole to do it to, and this is a general growth for all the community. Dude,I admire you,scanning one or two chapters is already a lovely thing to be doing, because it`s not for you.
    It`s for making other people happy. And even the little efforts,they help. Your will is what matters,is what inspires others to do the same and that is what has brought us twenty seven volumes of this lovely manga. : )

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
    XD~ I thought I never come back for my embarressy~ I refused to express what I want to express. But I lost control with my evil jealous heart. Then I became another person. But I don't really hate him anymore. It's a bad emotion (learn from Kingdom Hearts). Hehe~ I have to stay peace and continue the translating. Sorry for keeping so long.

And Volume 1 to Volume 27 are on Mangafox now! Click the image below to visit Mangafox:

Last edited:

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • Heh, thank you Ryan for going on with translations. It's not like I'm despising any LQ scans. Even if their quality is not high, they are still a perfect chance to see the Pokemon Special Volume 28. And it's cool. I appreciate your work, so do most people here. Go on and scan, or don't scan, I do not consider you as any tool, you are a cool person and you have your choice to do (or not to do) whatever you want to do.

Cheers,
    ~Maxim

Wallace Berlitz

Years
  • Maxim is different today... But anyway, the translating is not very neat. Hope that's forgivable.
    And I'm considering to host them up to Mangafox. But I'm not sure. But, C'est La Vie~
    If they're waiting the volume, then I guess I do not disappoint them. Hehe~
    Stay Peace.

pkmaster

PkmnMaster
    Years
  • so how come all the old scanners (avigalle, omni, and the others) stopped? and didnt u guys scan to like 29 already im confused??

ToshiroSato

Crazy Brit
    Years
  • so how come all the old scanners (avigalle, omni, and the others) stopped? and didnt u guys scan to like 29 already im confused??
    They have lives too you know, I expect they got fed up with pricks like me who scan the entire volume they were busy translating.

Years
  • Hey...

They have lives too you know, I expect they got fed up with pricks like me who scan the entire volume they were busy translating.

You're not a prick XP...But yeah when they were in the middle of scanlating and then someone scans the Chuang Yi translations and distributes them it can get frustrating...

And yeah welcome back Ryan =D Remember you're not a "tool" It's your choice on what you want to do in your free time...Support the fandom by discussing topics...scanlate...your choice :D

But everybody is just waiting to find out what the heck happens to the 'Dex holders (A promised happy ending?)

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    I'm glad you're back Ryan! :)
    I actually joined this community a short time ago, because I read you would scan vol 28 and I wanted to thank you for this. I didn't join before because I thought my english was way too bad >.< *embarassed* but well.... then I decided to join nevertheless and I'm glad I did so.
    But when I read you would quit I was quite shocked. Fortunately you're back now^^

Things I have left to say are:
    @Durial: thank you for scanning vol 27^^
    @Ryan: I'm looking forward to your scans^^

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • hey ryan, if you've got any problems with correct grammar and all that, ask some people around! You can ask me also.... although to be honest, I don't know if I have the time.... but, yea keep it up bro!

Wallace Berlitz

Years

Volume 29 is not release yet. I think it'll release in October or November. No idea but I'll try to get it as soon as possible.

You're not a prick XP...But yeah when they were in the middle of scanlating and then someone scans the Chuang Yi translations and distributes them it can get frustrating...

And yeah welcome back Ryan =D Remember you're not a "tool" It's your choice on what you want to do in your free time...Support the fandom by discussing topics...scanlate...your choice :D

But everybody is just waiting to find out what the heck happens to the 'Dex holders (A promised happy ending?)

Haha. I'm waiting the ending too. And I decided to continue the project. And thanks for welcoming me back. So touch~

I'm glad you're back Ryan! :)
    I actually joined this community a short time ago, because I read you would scan vol 28 and I wanted to thank you for this. I didn't join before because I thought my english was way too bad >.< *embarassed* but well.... then I decided to join nevertheless and I'm glad I did so.
    But when I read you would quit I was quite shocked. Fortunately you're back now^^

Things I have left to say are:
    @Durial: thank you for scanning vol 27^^
    @Ryan: I'm looking forward to your scans^^

Haha, that's nice that you are "glad" to having me back. Actually, I scanned most of the pages of the Manga. Just need to edit and translate it. And my English is weak too.

hey ryan, if you've got any problems with correct grammar and all that, ask some people around! You can ask me also.... although to be honest, I don't know if I have the time.... but, yea keep it up bro!

Well I'll ask for help if I need help ^_^ I will try to translate it into neat as possible as I can.

Glad to have you back Ryan. i look forward to the future.

Hehe, OK. The Chapter 318 is nearly done. Just have to take 1 more week. Because the translated scans are in bad quality. Now I edited it. So have to re-translate it. Taking too long.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    It's good to see you're back to being an awesome scanner :)

Feel free to send me an english script if you're worried about grammar, ill be happy to help.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2009
    I can't read all this long comments, but if I understood right... You're scanlating and translating?! Yay! Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2017
    I don't understand ppl say they say 27 but i've been looking and theres not a volume 27 that came out?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back