• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Special (Adventures) Scans and Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Red_K741, very nice introduction and welcome. I too trust few people, excluding my family. What you say is absolutely correct.

Years
  • Hmm... Just dropped in here myself as well...

Many thanks Wallace/Ryan (not sure what to call you). I trust very few people in my life, and consequently, trust even fewer people on the internet. Thus, I prefer to keep a low profile, and avoid getting involved with the whole online-social interaction business. However, after reading the comments of this thread, it was brought to my attention that, despite all the effort you put into translating the manga, I was doing nothing to show my appreciation.

For the most part, one can get away with this on the internet. Cyber space is so vast that there is a very good chance that the opinion of one will be voiced at some point by another. However, as the saying goes, it's the thought that counts.

I did not come to fully appreciate the Pokemon Adventures comics until recently, when I realized that the series had not terminated after the seventh volume. I enjoyed watching the series continue on, watch the characters change and ultimately, see the series grow up, painting a much more mature picture of the Pokemon world.

Had it not been for the efforts of people such as Ryan, I never have been given the privilege of enjoying the series in it's entirety. It is a shame that people cannot be as appreciative of the time and effort it takes to work between the language gap(s), but perhaps we can take comfort in knowing that my opinion likely coincides with that of one, two, or maybe a dozen others out there. The Internet is a realm of darkness, but the few who decide to bring light to those who search for it should not be ignored.

I apologize if I am to long-winded.

Best wishes,

-Red_K

out of everybody's introduction i seen, yours is the best one

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2008
    Is Wallace scanning 28/29 (or anyone, for that matter)?

I have finals next week, and if no one's up for scanning it all in by then, I'll do it myself.

The conclusion to Emerald lacks shippy moments T_T I was rather disappointed.

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
  • Well I already complete Volume 28. Maybe I'll get Volume 29 next month because Volume 29 is not a compile volume so Volume 29 will be slow abit to release.

Years
  • Hmmm...

Hmm... Just dropped in here myself as well...

Many thanks Wallace/Ryan (not sure what to call you). I trust very few people in my life, and consequently, trust even fewer people on the internet. Thus, I prefer to keep a low profile, and avoid getting involved with the whole online-social interaction business. However, after reading the comments of this thread, it was brought to my attention that, despite all the effort you put into translating the manga, I was doing nothing to show my appreciation.

For the most part, one can get away with this on the internet. Cyber space is so vast that there is a very good chance that the opinion of one will be voiced at some point by another. However, as the saying goes, it's the thought that counts.

I did not come to fully appreciate the Pokemon Adventures comics until recently, when I realized that the series had not terminated after the seventh volume. I enjoyed watching the series continue on, watch the characters change and ultimately, see the series grow up, painting a much more mature picture of the Pokemon world.

Had it not been for the efforts of people such as Ryan, I never have been given the privilege of enjoying the series in it's entirety. It is a shame that people cannot be as appreciative of the time and effort it takes to work between the language gap(s), but perhaps we can take comfort in knowing that my opinion likely coincides with that of one, two, or maybe a dozen others out there. The Internet is a realm of darkness, but the few who decide to bring light to those who search for it should not be ignored.

I apologize if I am to long-winded.

Best wishes,

-Red_K

I used to also distrust the Internet very much. But PokeCommunity has been one of the Nicest and lax forum that I've been too...Also I fully agree with your opinions and I greatly hope you continue reading PokeSpe.
    Also shouldn't all of these social interactions be done here:
    Pokemon Special/Adventures Fan Club
    Just reminding everyone that we do have a fan-club here in PC. ^_^ I am not mini-modding XD I apologize if you do think so.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • ^ Exactly. Red_K741, you are so eloquent.
    I trust few people also.

Me, too. You have to EARN trust, and in today's world, that's difficult. I told one of my friends a very personal and difficult secret of mine, because I wanted her support. The next day, about half of my peers came up and asked me what it was, because she had gone around saying that she knew something about me that she couldn't tell. This upset me, because it wasn't stupid gossip about who I liked or something, it was a very serious struggle that I had confided to her.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • I told one of my friends a very personal and difficult secret of mine, because I wanted her support. The next day, about half of my peers came up and asked me what it was, because she had gone around saying that she knew something about me that she couldn't tell. This upset me, because it wasn't stupid gossip about who I liked or something, it was a very serious struggle that I had confided to her.

These are one of the things I can't stand, which is why I don't do this, ever.

Years
  • Me, too. You have to EARN trust, and in today's world, that's difficult. I told one of my friends a very personal and difficult secret of mine, because I wanted her support. The next day, about half of my peers came up and asked me what it was, because she had gone around saying that she knew something about me that she couldn't tell. This upset me, because it wasn't stupid gossip about who I liked or something, it was a very serious struggle that I had confided to her.

Ugh, I hate that.
    In todays world, if you're nice to a person of the opposite sex, next thing you know everybody thinks you're "together." -.-'
    I confide my secrets to my one friend, whom I trust and KNOW will not go telling everybody. I share all my secrets with her, she tells all her secrets to me. I never talk about my secrets much, though..

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2009
    So Im going to assume after reading the comments that 29 will be the end of Emerald saga. Im looking forward to seeing it. Also a side note for Wallace, these past weeks have been busy as hell for me so I haven't been able to post anything so don't be mad at me.

porygonZAnna

Element trainer
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    Yeah I am looking forward for vol 29

I know how you feel bubblewrap, it is really hard to trust people in today's society

Last edited:

Ex Trainer Ruiisu

You Told Me I Was A Monster
    Years
  • yeah it is hard to trust people nowadays, since almost everyone wants something out of you. its all selfishness.
    anyways im wondering why we're all on the topic of trust in the first place, isn't this place supposed to be for the manga scans.
    Where as, is anyone in possession of 29 yet?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • bubblewrap said:
    In todays world, if you're nice to a person of the opposite sex, next thing you know everybody thinks you're "together."

I hate that too! People jump the gun like that all the time! I mean, come on already...

Years
  • Ugh, I KNOW. I have a few guy FRIENDS, and if we talk for too long, those annoying preppy girls try to play matchmaker.

Exactly! I'm like, "Geez, could you, oh, I don't know...
    LEAVE ME ALONE!"

I hate those annoying sluts people come up too me and tell me something like my jeans are tacky or that I should get a "boyfriend" sometime. They can at least help their family by not buying $100 jeans and going to thrift stores or something... I love thrift stores, you find REALLY good stuff there.
    Also, with this whole dating thing, at my age, its all infatuation. You can't love someone and marry them in MIDDLE SCHOOL. Geez, sometimes they need to realize they're minors...
    Yet, its fun too watch. I especially love overhearing their conversations, saying that they'll make out in a restaurant with their little "boyfriends" xDDDD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Also, with this whole dating thing, at my age, its all infatuation. You can't love someone and marry them in MIDDLE SCHOOL. Geez, sometimes they need to realize they're minors...
    Yet, its fun too watch. I especially love overhearing their conversations, saying that they'll make out in a restaurant with their little "boyfriends"

Until reality hits them...

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2015
    Vol 28 was released by Chuang Yi only recently so I don't think 29 is anytime soon. They take quite long release a volume.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back