• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Special (Adventures) Scans and Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    I'd love to join the firefight, but that would serve no point, and would further drag the thread off-topic.

Durial666, I'd like to pick a bone with you through PM or email.

For the rest of what's going on here right now, STOP IT. Enough. If Ryan wants to leave, it's his decision. I guess peer pressure and taunting can't be overcome. Some people really have to hammer him hard, huh? After all he did, his dedication, but there still people who love ridiculing him. Shame on you all. It's people like you guys who shouldn't deserve these scans. Get them yourself and not at the expense of others.

So he left hm? Well, it's his decision. I wish him good luck for whatever next year will bring him. Scanning and translating takes a lot of time. I can understand him feeling kind of down when someone shows up with the official scans.

But, it doesn't mean we hate his scans. I find him a genuis to be able to scan AND translate Pokemon Special for us (He's even younger as me D: ). We want to read PokeSpe --- We get to read it (Thanks to Wallace) -- And then, some of us still aren't satisfied?

Wallace you were great. And I don't see you as a 'tool' more like the wonderous person who provided us with scans of volume 28. Thank you for that.

This just about explains my opinions on the drama that's unfolding, although I don't think it's necessary to carry on on a board that is supposed to be for discussing the manga.

Moving on...

And Volume 26, 27 and 28 in Chinese Version have the same release date with the Japanese Version one because they have the Chapters in the CoroCoro.

"Jilin Fine Arts, in collaboration with the VIZ Media Shanghai Branch, has translated the manga into Chinese. In Taiwan, it is published by Ching Win, who translates it into Mandarin and releases it in their monthly CoroCoro Comic magazine."

Interesting information. The fact that they release at the same time would imply that the Japanese and Chinese fan base must be quite large, if they release the two at the same time. A shame that the United States lacked the fan base necessary to continue the series... either that, or the series was making money, but not enough... To be honest, I can't be sure, especially when I still see Yu-gi-oh and Digimon manga on the shelves (which could also be an indication that those two are less popular, especially if they are older volumes).

(*shrugs and shuffles back into corner*)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ok I do quite agree with JB88 let's just stop this ultimately nonsensical discussion dragging the current scanlating people into a flame war. PC/M-a-n-g-a-f-o-x relations has been already low with the criticism, etc. Let us not drag such unkind things here. Be nice. ^_^ Viz is re-releasing PokeSpe. =P

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years
  • Durial666, you should join a debate team. At least then the arguments would count for something.

I'm really sorry about Wallace. I can understand being hurt, although I usually don't let it get to me, because, like everyone I know says, I'm a firecracker. But I can understand being hurt, because you will always meet harsh people who know how to touch a nerve. I hope that being away will make you feel better.

And PLEASE stop fighting. You're barely above the prissy rich girls in my grade who don't know when to shut up.

No offense.

@RubyJB88- I totally agree with you. I have seen some(and I do mean some,not many)ingrates who just take and take and b*tch over the slightest things. I hope that I haven't offended him, because sometimes, my mouth works before my brain does.....

Last edited:
    Years
  • Durial666, you should join a debate team. At least then the arguments would count for something.

I'm really sorry about Wallace. I can understand being hurt, although I usually don't let it get to me, because, like everyone I know says, I'm a firecracker. But I can understand being hurt, because you will always meet harsh people who know how to touch a nerve. I hope that being away will make you feel better.

And PLEASE stop fighting. You're barely above the prissy rich girls in my grade who don't know when to shut up.

No offense.

@RubyJB88- I totally agree with you. I have seen some(and I do mean some,not many)ingrates who just take and take and b*tch over the slightest things. I hope that I haven't offended him, because sometimes, my mouth works before my brain does.....

Exactly! Please people, don't fight. Fighting wastes time...
    I hate those prissy *****es. And what's funny is that they think they're ghetto. I mean, if you own a Mercedes, you are NOT ghetto. xD

Please don't fight.......

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • Exactly! Please people, don't fight. Fighting wastes time...
    I hate those prissy *****es. And what's funny is that they think they're ghetto. I mean, if you own a Mercedes, you are NOT ghetto. xD

Please don't fight.......

(Dies of Laughter) I know EXACTLY what you mean by that. I mean I'm from the OC. Not just the OC, but the SOUTH OC (Rich people hideout). And pretty much half of the girls act all slutty and think they're "Ghetto".

But anyways, back on track about the scans. Yeah, Ryan.... I really enjoyed your scans. So don't stop what you're doing and just keep on scanning. Like what Ruby JB88 said, those who rant about your work, don't deserve a thing, because they don't know how to appreciate!!

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
  • Um guys... I guess you guys are misunderstanding me?? I don't know what did my cousin, John said. Just let me explain.

Please look at my previous reply...

OK here's my last word in this PokeCommunity. I will be busy next year. And I will maybe not a the person who scan PokeSpecial. Since someone else say I am an annoy person, so I decided to quit. Not making the scans public because I have a reason. I know many people hate my scans plus my English is not perfect. Even I translate and scan Volume 29 and next and next volume, it will be a waste because Chuang Yi will release one day and I believe someone will scan it. And to be honest, I am being hurt one day and one day... I will disable my Avatars and Signatures and leave. Hope you all get better scans. If any moderators or admins want to ban me, please do so.
    Since someone else say I am an annoy person, so I decided to quit.
    I think there's many people who think I am a annoy person so I wrote this.

Even I translate and scan Volume 29 and next and next volume, it will be a waste because Chuang Yi will release one day and I believe someone will scan it.
    It might be a little harsh or something that is not really nice to read. But what I meant is, if I scanned Volume 29, it's useless because one day the official version will come out. And people will prefer official one over fan-dup plus my English is not good.

I am being hurt one day and one day...
    I know, but I guess you misunderstand. I wasn't "Hurted" by this forum. I get many complains that is what "hurt" is.

And Durial, I didn't blame you at all... And I didn't want to chase you away in PokeScan Club. You are totally misunderstand. Maybe you don't believe me, I don't care. And many people prefer Chuang Yi so I stop my scan and quit, isn't that fair for everyone? And I don't want to "fight". And I didn't said "I hate you, durial." Or you are the only one who hate me? And just don't care what that Keikorne said.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    ok well im going to post some facts here.

many people enjoy your scans , granted you English is not perfect. many of us here get that because we know that it is not your first language. and to this point i offer to be and editor for you. the people who rant that it terrible are just bias. it's their opinion. for example i prefer fansub over dubbs.

as to the seclusion of scans. well as seeing that viz is going to be the one translating. then thats perfect. Viz is the one company that does not send out Cease and disist forms because the look at scanlations and fansubs as a form of publicities. so in the end you help viz and in turn viz makes more sales which goes to the author. so you make the author earn a little more cash. yay you

now on this whole fight thing i believe i all a true misbelieving.
    and lets drop it and get on topic

aslo just to say it again im willing to be your editor wallace if you continue

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • Seriously drop the "fight" Durial. Only reason why i'm posting because Wallace is my friend.

@Wallace:
    I don't really care if Chuang Yi or Your Version is better.

Here's one thing that nobody really cares.

Wallace is doing it for free!
    His translation are off; hes not perfect.

So i'll miss you when you're leaving.

~Christopher T.H. Nguyen

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2009
    hum, why don't you guys try to work together, instead of 'fighting' each other like that. i really think this 'fight' is nonsense. anyway, no matter whether u decide to quit or not, we all thank u for ur great scans.

pong08

Years
  • people for crying out loud.... IT'S FREAKEN FREE (LET ME SAY THIS AGAIN....FREE) SCANS THAT RYAN IS DOING IN HIS FREE TIME FOR US!! Let's drop the fight.... this is getting ridiculous.

Wallace Berlitz

Years
  • Well I'm not sure I want to leave or not because many people beg me. And, I don't even want to fight.

Attachments:

ToshiroSato

Crazy Brit
    Years
  • I'm sorry guys for going off on one, but I did warn you when I said to stop this conversation many posts back.

I was not "fighting" as you say I was, I was merely putting a point across. But a few things got me riled up so my comment ended up rather vulgur. My apologies for any offense caused.

But lets get back on topic. I will be lurking I will not be commenting any more, that way we can hope that this place stays the friendly place it always was.

There is one thing I am definately sure about, and that is I WILL NOT BE SCANNING ANY MORE VOLUMES EVER. It just causes too much pain to everyone.

Last edited:

Wallace Berlitz

Years
  • If you really won't scan the volumes again, many people will hate it especially omni89. Everyone will say I chased you away so I quit is the reason.

Thundєr

Freelancer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    The only thing I can say is many thanks to you both, Ryan you do a great job scanning and translating being the English not your native language, and Durial thanks for upload due volume 28. It's really a pity to see you two fighting like that.
    I appreciate what you have done. Thanks Ryan and thanks Durial. No more fighting.

Last edited:

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • There is one thing I am definately sure about, and that is I WILL NOT BE SCANNING ANY MORE VOLUMES EVER. It just causes too much pain to everyone.

So, the Secret Scanning Mafia Community has officially died.

R.I.P.

We're not gonna have any serious scans anymore. Unless Godmother Nicoleb pops out of nowhere.

pong08

Years
  • The only thing I can say is many thanks to you both, Ryan you do a great job scanning and translating being the English not your native language, and Durial thanks for upload due volume 28. It's really a pity to see you two fighting like that.
    I appreciate what you have done. Thanks Ryan and thanks Durial. No more fighting.

Yeah.... I second what he says. We love both of your scans. No more fighting. End of story.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back