• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: The Fae Stones [Updated 22nd Aug]

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    You've got some good stuff going here. I hope to see more soon.

Shrimpai

Chicken of the Sea
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2015
    I'm really excited for this hack! It looks extremely nice and well done, I also love the theme of it. I'll definitely play it first thing whenever it's available. What do you plan to do with music?

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • New Stores from Fire red hack with the same kanto is always amazing and so is this hack! Good luck bro!

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2016
    The Secret Keeper amuses me! Very interesting. The story also seems promising, although it's dark but the thread is all pastel coloured (not a complain). But i'm sure you know what you're doing.

Maybe some change in the palettes could improve the "mood" of the game? Something like the Mother 3 colors seems fitting to me. Only a suggestion, not trying to dictate anything. Good luck with your project!

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • Ewwww, I hate bugs and ghost pokemons... how they dare hurt my Kanto??? grrr I'll make sure to kick their butts while playing your amazing hack ;) (y) can't wait the release!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Ironically this project got more comments whilst on hiatus than the last update did :<.

Anyway, just putting an official notice that this hack is on hold for another week or two until life settles down a bit more and I have time to progress XD don't worry, still got all my files and ideas - just need to have time to pick it back up again and get scripting :).

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • I rarely even visit this forum anymore, but gonna tell you this: if you wanted the viewers attention, you totally got mine; story is well made ugh I can't wait to see what this will become in the future haha. Keep up the good work, and good luck in life. Hope you continue this soon xD.

EDIT: uh by this forum I actually mean this section. Aka hacks studio

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Hey, no need to worry about us. Your life comes first, and some of us would be happy to wait while things settle out for you. All I can say is I hope things go well for you.

Years
  • OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I have a thousand "LIKE" button, i will press thousand times for you and your hack. In my opinion : I totally agree that you have interested storylines, amazing map, and as I see you really enjoy what you're doing.

But i have a little confuse that in the first page you told that : "the player will be gave one pokeball and can catch any pokemon they want in the wild" - i really love this , but in second page you told that we will choose 2 stater pokemon ( Azumarill - Pichu ), so which one will be corrected?

Can't wait for the beta test!!!! Please inform me when you release the beta, i will support you my friend. :) TRY YOUR BEST. :)

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • The Hack looks great. Good in maps and good in story too. I hope we will find out many new things in your hack. best of luck.

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • I love everything, but the textbox D:
    I like the idea of keeping it simple, but I really think it needs a little bit more o work with the outlines, but it's only a personal opinion.
    Love the scripts so far

Tyroz

In tenebris est et in nobis.
    Years
  • I'm really looking forward to this hack; Simple yet Elegant. Perfect. I love the look and feel. Keep up the great work, and I hope the Personal life is working out. :) :meow:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Thank you for hanging in so long!~ Time for a brief update.

1. Project is continuing.
    2. Ported over to a JPAN engine - making use of the OW benefits and the huge amount of specials, which I will be taking full advantage of.
    3. I am also no longer using MrDollSteak's ROM Base, I will be inserting the Fairy type myself and editing moves accordingly (I may have to beg for help with moves, mind).
    4. New screenshots coming this week hopefully ;O​

Progress so far:

Tilemap added and edited
    Maps ported over, minor edits
    8 OWs inserted
    'Fae Stone' and 'Trade Stone'
    Dynamic-levelled Wild Pokemon

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • Thank you for hanging in so long!~ Time for a brief update.

1. Project is continuing.
    2. Ported over to a JPAN engine - making use of the OW benefits and the huge amount of specials, which I will be taking full advantage of.
    3. I am also no longer using MrDollSteak's ROM Base, I will be inserting the Fairy type myself and editing moves accordingly (I may have to beg for help with moves, mind).
    4. New screenshots coming this week hopefully ;O​

Progress so far:

Tilemap added and edited
    Maps ported over, minor edits
    8 OWs inserted
    'Fae Stone' and 'Trade Stone'
    Dynamic-levelled Wild Pokemon

Pokémon: The Fae Stones [Updated 22nd Aug]

Alright glad this is still being worked on. Now just out of curiosity why aren't you using MR.DollSteak's rombase? Is it because of the bugs because when he updates the rombase you can just patch it over and nothing will be affected.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Alright glad this is still being worked on. Now just out of curiosity why aren't you using MR.DollSteak's rombase? Is it because of the bugs because when he updates the rombase you can just patch it over and nothing will be affected.

Mainly it's lack of reverse compatibility - since I already have a lot of data put into it. Admittedly, I'd also like to take more credit for myself :) Whilst there are a few things I'll struggle with, adding types/moves is documented in tutorials, and I'm pretty familiar with hex/etc. so it won't be too tedious.

Soooo mainly me being stubborn, I guess! ;).

I forgot to mention that the story is shifting around a bit also, and that I may rename this hack slightly.

CosmicBlazer

Batman
    Years
  • Mainly it's lack of reverse compatibility - since I already have a lot of data put into it. Admittedly, I'd also like to take more credit for myself :) Whilst there are a few things I'll struggle with, adding types/moves is documented in tutorials, and I'm pretty familiar with hex/etc. so it won't be too tedious.

Soooo mainly me being stubborn, I guess! ;).

I forgot to mention that the story is shifting around a bit also, and that I may rename this hack slightly.

I was going to do what you are doing right now. Just add new moves and the fairy type by myself to because I wanted to do mostly everything by my self but in the end I chose the rombase xD Well anyway good luck with the hack.

Back