• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • The game is almost identical to the anime.
    It includes a lot more from the anime to make the game exciting and more realistic.
    (if this answers your question)

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • The game is almost identical to the anime.
    It includes a lot more from the anime to make the game exciting and more realistic.
    (if this answers your question)

*Yay!*

Okay, there we go, back on track and no need to look back!

Thank you, yes, that did answer my question. Much appreciated. <3

*Now I need to brush up on how talk on the internet.*

:)

Atomic Reactor

Koybito, don't beat yourself up over what blazers is saying.
    (btw YHBE isnt from the UK lol, but if you look hard enough, youll find someone who is.)

As blazers said, it's mainly based off of events in the anime. I'm assuming that the highest this could possibly go would be a T rating. That's still probably pushing it. Just a guess though :P

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • Koybito, don't beat yourself up over what blazers is saying.
    (btw YHBE isnt from the UK lol, but if you look hard enough, youll find someone who is.)

As blazers said, it's mainly based off of events in the anime. I'm assuming that the highest this could possibly go would be a T rating. That's still probably pushing it. Just a guess though :P

Woohoo! I'll make a note of that, 'cause I was kinda nervous about making an ass out of my self so soon. On a thread about a game I want to see succeed no less. Lol.

So with that behind us, *Victory dance* a T rating is fine with me. I'm a little snobbish when it comes to games. Seeing as I have an overactive imagination that tends to dream up ideas and concepts that I think should be used. Curse you art school! Lol.

Atomic Reactor

Lol, overactive imaginations are a great gift :)
    It might come in handy if you ever decide to help, or make a game.

Remember, a T rating is at it's most, I kinda doubt it will be that intense.

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • Lol, overactive imaginations are a great gift :)
    It might come in handy if you ever decide to help, or make a game.

Remember, a T rating is at it's most, I kinda doubt it will be that intense.

Well, I'm a musician before anything else. *All hail the Gods of Rock n' Roll*
    But I do mock up concept drawings for comics and games as a hobby.

And I understand, about the possible T rating. Just taking that has a shy hope is all. <3

Welp, NIGHTY NIGHT KIDDIES! This old man has some beauty sleep to snatch! Have a great time without me! Lol. ;)

EDIT: Yay me, I started a new page. L33T. Lol.

Waudby

I think that if it was to be released with a rating, the single player side would be a lot like the official games and then the online wouldn't be able to be rated like the official games.

~Undefined~

Aspiring Pokémon Master...
    Years
  • I think that if it was to be released with a rating, the single player side would be a lot like the official games and then the online wouldn't be able to be rated like the official games.
    I don't really think much more needs to be said about this topic... It's been disscussed for a while...

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Well, I'm a musician before anything else. *All hail the Gods of Rock n' Roll*
    But I do mock up concept drawings for comics and games as a hobby.

And I understand, about the possible T rating. Just taking that has a shy hope is all. <3

Welp, NIGHTY NIGHT KIDDIES! This old man has some beauty sleep to snatch! Have a great time without me! Lol. ;)

EDIT: Yay me, I started a new page. L33T. Lol.

... *sigh*
    *goes and looks at the topic that was just discussed*
    ...*sigh*

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • I agree that at the very most the game would be rated T, because of a few events from the anime (ash at the kanto safari zone, james and his inflatable boobs, the fact that team rocket gets attacked and blasted into the sky alot, you get what I mean). I personally wouldn't care if the rating was higher than that, but many children will want to play this game and I don't think that some things that would be part of an M game (six with an e) would at all be apropriate for a child

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • koybito im unsure did u say ur from uk

*Yes, it is off topic, but I'll try and conjure up something in this post to make it less spammy. Just 'cause I care. <3*

Well, sort of, lol. I'm from Ireland, Cork, to be exact. But I generally ask if someone's from the U.K because there's a better chance they are rather than from Ireland. *Tear* Not a lot of us pikes running around here.

On topic part of post: To all those who still care or were talking about the rating mess; would you rather it be more like that anime (Y-7) or would you sort of enjoy the idea of maybe, a more mature Pokemon story?

My problem with the Y-7 rating, is really, the lack of depth that you're forced to get with it; there's less wiggle room to use with when it comes to story arcs, plot twists, and emotional attachment. Take a story like Pokemon, then set up up along side say..... FMA or Noein? The difference is huge, and undeniable. I not trying to push C.A into a corner or anything, just tossing out a reason or two why I brought up the question in the first place.

*Goes to put an ice pack on head due bookish length of post*

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    This whole discussion of ratings is pointless and offtopic, even within the confines the discussion of the Pokemon the Lost World project.

I'm going to start calling in moderators to deal with everyone who has been going offtopic if everyone doesn't shape up. I know you're all excited about the game, but that does not merit you to post in here with your questions EVERY single day. If the question you have is not answered within the first post, then don't ask it. Either we don't want to tell you the answer, or it hasn't been decided upon by Captain Arcane himself.

Again, you do not want Arcane taking time out of his busy schedule to come in here and deal with all of you. If I were him, I would have closed this thread down ages ago, finished the project, and then come back and posted the thread with the game. The mere fact that he hasn't done something like this yet shows his patience with you, but that patience can be tried. As a project leader, my patience has been tried. I repeat, if you all keep going extremely offtopic, I will start calling in the mods.

and yes, that is a threat.

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • This whole discussion of ratings is pointless and offtopic, even within the confines the discussion of the Pokemon the Lost World project.

I'm going to start calling in moderators to deal with everyone who has been going offtopic if everyone doesn't shape up. I know you're all excited about the game, but that does not merit you to post in here with your questions EVERY single day. If the question you have is not answered within the first post, then don't ask it. Either we don't want to tell you the answer, or it hasn't been decided upon by Captain Arcane himself.

Again, you do not want Arcane taking time out of his busy schedule to come in here and deal with all of you. If I were him, I would have closed this thread down ages ago, finished the project, and then come back and posted the thread with the game. The mere fact that he hasn't done something like this yet shows his patience with you, but that patience can be tried. As a project leader, my patience has been tried. I repeat, if you all keep going extremely offtopic, I will start calling in the mods.

While I'll admit that (Yes, partially because of me) this thread has seen it's share of spams and off-topic-ness, wasn't the idea of shutting it down already asked? What would that really do?

From where I stand, there isn't much we can post without stretching the "rules" around here. What with C.A being on that vacation and everything.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, with so few new details running around here, most people (Again, including yours truly) are just pitching ideas and questions back and forth until C.A updates/answers these questions. I don't think it's because we want to piss off the Team or C.A, we just like talking about ideas and the game itself, because we want to see it through and hopefully contribute as much as we can if possible. Sure, there's a lot of people on this thread, with many ideas, and maybe some of us could keep quiet, but I see nothing wrong with people simply putting forth their opinions and concepts. That's part of the development process isn't it? Breaking up the creative gene pool with other people's input. Call this post spam if you will, but that's why I reckon this thread seems so.... Jumbled lately.

And threat duly noted.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    While I'll admit that (Yes, partially because of me) this thread has seen it's share of spams and off-topic-ness, wasn't the idea of shutting it down already asked? What would that really do?

From where I stand, there isn't much we can post without stretching the "rules" around here. What with C.A being on that vacation and everything.

So, I guess what I'm saying is, with so few new details running around here, most people (Again, including yours truly) are just pitching ideas and questions back and forth until C.A updates/answers these questions. I don't think it's because we want to piss off the Team or C.A, we just like talking about ideas and the game itself, because we want to see it through and hopefully contribute as much as we can if possible. Sure, there's a lot of people on this thread, with many ideas, and maybe some of us could keep quiet, but I see nothing wrong with people simply putting forth their opinions and concepts. That's part of the development process isn't it? Breaking up the creative gene pool with other people's input. Call this post spam if you will, but that's why I reckon this thread seems so.... Jumbled lately.

And threat duly noted.

Of course there is nothing with pitching ideas, but just take a look at the amount of dirt that has been in this thread lately. Would you call that progress?

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • Of course there is nothing with pitching ideas, but just take a look at the amount of dirt that has been in this thread lately. Would you call that progress?

No, I'd have to be daft and three feet in the ground to call it progress. But I guess I saw the "Thread Closer" comment to be a little scary. Lol, I like coming here. :P

So, yes, I guess we could all just back off and stick to PM's for the time being. That is, until Arcane gets his lovable ass back here and we can start dreaming again.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    This whole discussion of ratings is pointless and offtopic, even within the confines the discussion of the Pokemon the Lost World project.

while i agree with you on most points, i think that they do have the right to ask questions that are not answered in the first post. cap' said it himself, the first post is very old and outdated.

however, they should NOT ask spammy questions. that i'm in full agreement with you on

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    This, isn't the time to discuss the UK, and it looked like the insults were going to go away ... what a shame, ...

EDIT: Sorry about the font, no idea how ity happened ...

Koybito

Pokemon Pirate.
    Years
  • This, isn't the time to discuss the UK, and it looked like the insults were going to go away ... what a shame, ...

EDIT: Sorry about the font, no idea how ity happened ...

Lol, little late isn't it? Besides, it was a two post deal and the topic has been dropped already. As were the insults.... If there was recent ones to begin with...

Let's all just kick back, grab a pint if you drink, and relax. I'll even post some jazz if that will help. <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back