• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon types you rarely use?

xXLunaSolXx

I barely use rock-, bug-, steel- or ground-type Pokemon. Maybe it is because most of them don't appeal to me that much?

Years
  • Rock is one I don't normally use, for sure.

Bug, dragon (since by the time I find a dragon type, I usually have a team in place that I like), ice. Also ghost, the only reason I've been using ghost types this gen in my team is because of the amount of new dual-type ghosts, heh. I could probably list like half the types if I were to list all the ones I tend to not use. Rock is definitely the one I just about never use for any reason, though.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I don't normally use Flying types for the Flying type, normally for the secondary type.

Rock types rarely make it into the team for the same reason (exception was Lycanroc)

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Most types that were Physical before the split in gen IV. I often find myself using a more colorful array of types -- like Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, etc. So I often forgo types like Fighting, Ground, Rock, apparently all the brown ones when you look at the color coding, lmao. Welp.
    Same here. Not only are they more colourful, I like their moves move. I especially don't use Bug, Steel and Rock types, unless they happen to be secondary types.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I really want to use Dragon-types but by the time they become available my team is always already set. I often try to cram one into the team at the expense at some other member but it normally doesn't work out and I switch back to the benched team member after a little while.

Back