• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon - Which Generation of games do YOU like the most?

Pokémon - Which Generation Games do YOU like the most?

• Colour Generation

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Metal Generation

Votes: 57 51.4%
  • Advanced Generation

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • New Generation

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Spin-off Generation

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EagleVision1999

Commander
Years
  • Very difficult to decide...
    Color generation: Well, I began with them and the first game I ever played was yellow. It was also great that you could get Mew on it. I simply like them because they feel so nostalgic and I like Kanto best. Them again I was unhappy about the spites when you sent out the Pokemon.

Metal: The Metal generations were amazing because they had so much added. I remember how amazing breeding was for the first time. Also the new Pokemon were interesting and the facht that we had day and night. The graphics were nicer, too. The greatest thing about it was that you could travel back to Kanto (although I missed the safari zone). Unfortunately there weren't good glitches for getting event Pokemon without using any hacking devices.

Advanced: I don't like Hoenn, I also don't like many of the Pokemon there...The best thing about them is the clone glitch in emerald and Rayquaza (or however it is called). I kinda like the regis, too.
    Firered and leafgreen again, are great. it's Kanto^^. I like them very much. It was nice to play an emproved version of the first games.

D/P: I really like Sinnoh. It has much to do even after you beat the Elite four, the Pokemon are better than in Hoenn (at least in my opinion) and the graphics are nice. Also, you have Wi-Fi.
    With the tweaking/void glitch I think you can get legendaries. The whole game looked very good.

Years
  • The metal generation. Those games were amazing when they came out. I have a ridiculous amount of playtime on my silver version.

JojoX2

Medicham Fan *Chammy ftw*
    Years
  • I also chose the metal generation. Dunno why, but they had something that the later games don´t have... also, the first 251 pokemon were the best, if I look at a big part of the 4th generation...

robbingdog

I wanna be the guy
    Years
  • Even though I started with Yellow, I would have to agree that metal gen is the best b/c of all the new features added. Also, the games still retained the classic GBC graphics, and hadn't gone overboard with the # of pokemon yet... and why did later gens get rid of the night/day system :(? Also, upon playing LG recently I remembered just how hard it was in the color gen to catch any interesting pokemon early on in the game... seriously, you're pretty much stuck with the starter, Bug, and Normal types up until halfway through the gyms. That's why yellow was better than the other two; you could get all three of the starter pokemon early on.

~Fire Eagle~

The Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • I like all of the generations because I've been a Pokemon gamer since Pokemon Red and Blue came out and I've beaten every single once about five times already.

~Rose-quartz Iatos

Rose quartz~
    Years
  • Hmm...well, it was a hard choice between metal and advanced, but in the end I had to agree with charmeggedon and all the others. Metal generation was by far the best.

And just for the record, I STILL play pokemon in bed when I'm supposed to be asleep. XP

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    I would have to say my favourite was the Metal Generation simply because i started on G/S and i found it to be the most simple Pokemon game to understand.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Metal generation. I started off with them and i spent most of my time playing them. It always gives me this exciting feeling of memories when i play them.

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    Metal Gen.
    Had a touch..

metal generation obviously, im a hard-core G/S/C fan ^^
    yes weve all done (playing pokemon in bed way past our bed times...)

I did with Silver!

Yeahh. One of the best things about Pokemon memories.
    lol

Hmm...well, it was a hard choice between metal and advanced, but in the end I had to agree with charmeggedon and all the others. Metal generation was by far the best.

And just for the record, I STILL play pokemon in bed when I'm supposed to be asleep. XP

Heh, heh, me too.

It's fun!

Last edited:

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    To be honest, I didn't like GSC all that much. Never got intrested enough to play past the first Gym. :/ That being said, I say that Sinnoh - the New Generation - is the best. It may be affected a lot by the fact that the Advanced Generation was an epic failure, but in the end Sinnoh (and its Legendaries) prevailed over all.

Even FireRed with the dragon thing on the cover. ;O

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    It's official. Johto is simply the best region yet. Lovely Pokemon with a beautiful region.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I'm a color-generation fan due to the story-wait...I was too young to even KNOW there was a storyline...I was really young when I played this, it brings back alot of memories. The music was just awesome, something you don't see in 4th gen, in fact, alot of people who liked 4th gen the most mostly think that because they haven't played the other generations. And the metal generation, my second favorite, it added so much stuff, day and night, new music (of the same great caliber of the 1st gen that was lost in the later generations), it was...wow, it blew me away, I can just say, the first two generations were, and forever will be, the best (and most nostalgic) ever.

Now 4th generation commentary (Diamond and Pearl, not Platinum)- I hated these, I don't know who thought of these pokemon, but they are the weirdest yet, but there were some I liked, such as Piplup, Turtwig, and Pachirisu. I mean the legendaries were very weird to, Dialga, Palkia, Darkrai, Giratina, Regigigas...compared to the other legends, these guys look weird (but not Shaymin, it's cool). Also, the music. I HATED the music they remixed the music to much, now it just sounds bad. I do, however, like the Team Galactic battle song, that is good. I do also like the GTS, every 1st and 2nd generation pokemon fans dream :).

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Advanced Generation - At first, I loved the Pokemon anime and the games were sorta hands-on Pokemon for me; I wasn't that interested at the time. Then I hated the Pokemon franchise because it was supposedly Digimon's "enemy/rival", which I loved immensely at the time. However, I now accept both Digimon and Pokemon as awesome franchises.

My friends were playing Adv. games when I was in elementary school. Most of them were Ruby and Sapphire. But oddly, the thing that intrigued me the most was that you could enter trees and make Secret Bases. :nervous::laugh::P Yeah, it's a weird function to get attached to, but that was the main thing that someone playing Sapphire showed me at the time! Anyway, I got Pokemon Sapphire (and a red GameBoy Advance SP) for Christmas and I loved the game! I even opened it on Christmas Eve just to start my journey early!
    Though I lost my original Sapphire cart and a 2nd Sapphire cart :(, I replaced it with Emerald, and am still playing it until I can get a DS, enter Gen. IV, and play Platinum!! My Torchic was my starter, and it felt awesome when it finally evolved into Combusken, and then Blaziken :t257:. Hopefully, I can get a legit, shiny, Adamant Blaziken to rekindle my interrupted Pokemon journey! Sapphire helped me meet all-new Pokemon and reminisce about the old 150 and the Johto Pokemon. Plus, I got my first legendary encounter with the awesome Kyogre! :t382: I also met the elusive Latias :t380: after I finally beat the Elite 4, as well as the other Legendaries. With sleek graphics (at the time) and so many secrets, Sapphire made me stick with Pokemon to today. FireRed also helped me experience what I missed out on in the Color Generations! Hopefully, Gen. IV will add to what I've experienced, and continue the awesome series/experience that is Pokemon! So many memories... :)

HiroUey

Pokemon Master of Masters!
    Years
  • Well for me, each generation just seems to lose something, but for me, it would be between Color and Metal, Color(Blue) because it was my first and Metal(Gold) because it introduced many new and great features, the Advanced and New generation are both great but they are just lacking something!

Myuuuuuuuuuuuu

Not Mew! Simply MY and 12x U
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    i voted for Color. Yellow was the first game I played
    when I was young.

Back