• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon - Which Generation of games do YOU like the most?

Pokémon - Which Generation Games do YOU like the most?

• Colour Generation

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Metal Generation

Votes: 57 51.4%
  • Advanced Generation

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • New Generation

Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Spin-off Generation

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The newest generation. Graphics, and WiFi do it all. Its great and it gives u the drive to be competitive.

Dr. Strange

Elite Four
    Years
  • I like and always will like the Advanced Generation, I'm fond of it because of Torchick's evolutions were really awesome. I'm sure that everyone else knows the other obvious reasons :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2010
    Ah... good old metal generation. The colour Gen might have introduced the games, but the next gen introduced so many things that we take for granted nowadays - the steel and dark types, breeding, genders, hold items, day and night, etc. These games had the most oppurtunities for explorations too, with hidden rewards like Tyrogue deep in Union Cave (I didn't even realise you could get Tyrouge until about the fifth time I played it, so yeah, it also has the best replay value). It let you get 16 badges! It sorted out the ridiculous strength of the Psychic type (but further weakened the Poison type. Doh).

It had its drawbacks - slight over-reliance on old pokemon with new ones being a bit too rare. There were a couple of lame new pokemon (Quilfish, Dunsparce) and some wierd new evos (Scizor sucks to the high heavens, IMO). Then there was the ridiculoudly under-levelled Kanto region, even the gym leaders. But overall, Generation II for the win!

Totally agreed! I really miss my Silver version :(

Metalchic

▄█ 'M ▓▒
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2009
    for me is probably definately the Metal generation. it felt like the most complete game so far with bolth the kanto and johto reigons in one game. they need to make a game where you start in one reigon and eventualy explore them all in one game.

also nostalga, i remember starting to get tired of my red version and my grandma got me Silver version for christmas, i got my knife and opend it before crhistmas then carefully taped it back together so i could play before christmas XDXD they never found out it happend lol.

XXXBurningStarIV

Yo dawg I herd u liek memes
    Years
  • I would have to say Jhoto. They had the best Series of shows, and the best games.
    Plus, in Pokemon Crystal, The Pokemon the Professor shows you in the beginning is a Wooper. 8D
    [That's my name and my favorite Pokemon. Weird. Lol.]

Sapphir

Hat thief
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2009
    The Metal Generation games were my favorite because, they added more mechanics to the original three games. It's also so far the only generation that actually involved more than one region to explore.

Then there was the introduction of 'baby' Pokemon, which I still love today and are some of my favorites.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2013
    if they did a remake of metal then it would be that but I really find the old ones hard to play! The lack of B for sprint is the main factor and the bg. But the storyline and pokemon are probably the best, gameplay great, starters all good (rather than the usual with one not great).
    Chose new because there are a good variety of pokemon, more longevity through wifi and the graphics are much improved.

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
    Years
  • Advanced was the best for me (aside from FR/LG) for the following reasons:

• The berry system and how they would grow in real time
    • Pokeblock Making
    • The Team Aqua/Magma Story
    • Rayaquaza
    • The variety of new pokemon introduced, e.g. Absol, Trapinch, Gardevoir
    • Running and using bike techniques
    • The music and how well composed it was.
    • The tiles and sprites
    Just, well everything

Back