• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Zitu [über, January 2007]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    [ POKéMON ZITU ]

[ INTRODUCTION ]
    Pokemon Zitu is a whole new Pokémon game with ... well, a whole new region, story and experience.
    I've been planning this for quite some time (it was mentioned in the [romhackersweekly] Issue 10), and so I feel it's about time I share this story and game with you.

Oh yeah, and it's über ^^
    Pokémon Zitu [über, January 2007]

So hopefully you'll all enjoy it too ^^

[ STORY ]
    Welcome the land of Zitu. An (almost) pristine land, Zitu is a haven for Pokémon and trainer's alike.
    That is, until Team Rocket set their eyes upon it.
    Corrupting Pokémon and trainers alike, Team Rocket has now set out to ruin this once (almost) pristine land for their own benifit.

[ CHARACTERS ]

The Hero's
    Both trainers are 16 years of age, and have finally gotten out of the house.
    The male hero seeks adventure, while the female wishes to explore and appreciate the beauty of Zitu.

[ FEATURES ]
    > New Region <
    > New Trainers <
    > More Rivals <
    > New Tiles <
    > Music from RSE hopefully <
    > Larger Story <

As the development of the hack continues, new features may arise, some may disappear.
    And there are some features that I just can't tell you all now, but hopefully you'll appreciate them all upon implementation.

[ SCREENSHOTS ]
    This is only the beginning of the journey through Zitu ...

[ FAN ART ]
    by Steampunk
    Male Trainer | Female Trainer

[ OTHER INFO ]
    Umm, well not much more to say here ....
    Oh, just so you all know, this is a hack of FIRE RED.
    Moreover, I have a development blog set up, which I hope will encourage me to work on the hack by giving my a place to note down progress.

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Hmmm....nah it sucks! I don't like anything about it. The graphics are lusy, ugly tiles and grass.....you know I'm kidding right?:P I like it buddy! So are you going to tell the new features this hack will include? And are you gonna replace the FR/LG heroes with new ones? ANyway, nice job so far.;) Keep it up bud!

zak

xpert trainer
    Years

looks alright m8 , youre gona need to update those palletes n stuf tho , but the maps r prety good , keep it up boss

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Why thanks for your comments.

Hmmm....nah it sucks! I don't like anything about it. The graphics are lusy, ugly tiles and grass.....you know I'm kidding right?:P I like it buddy! So are you going to tell the new features this hack will include? And are you gonna replace the FR/LG heroes with new ones? ANyway, nice job so far.;) Keep it up bud!
    Phew! You had me worried there XD

Well as you may know, I am a bit of a spriter, so I do have definite plans to change a number of the character's sprites, including the heroes.

As for features, they will remain unannounced until they are set in stone.

looks alright m8 , youre gona need to update those palletes n stuf tho , but the maps r prety good , keep it up boss
    I personally like the FRLG palette quite a bit, so I don't think I will be changing it to a whole degree. But new tiles are a definite option.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    So, [ray.z], you're doing a hack... Interesting... Have you ever made one before? (since I don't know you that much). The mapping looks ok. Hopefully you'll edit tiles, and it'll be even better! (Else it'll look a bit like H.Sotomura's hack)

It's a good start, but why am I the only one who started by learning to script before anything else? lol

Good luck, man. You have future! (and past, and present :laugh:)

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2007
    cool this seems like an intersting game are u going 2 put the fourth generation plemon in it?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    zel said:
    It's a good start, but why am I the only one who started by learning to script before anything else? lol

Well, most people would want to get into making hacks straight-off - isn't it not a dream to make your own Pokemon game? I know nothing about making hacks, so don't look at me - I guess it would be worth knowing how the hack works script-wise, but if you can make a hack without knowing all that, and hoping it comes out good, then good enough! Well, you should know a few things, or be able to resprite...oh what the heck, Ray Z must have a ground understanding in making hacks, or else how would he make one? Your hack sounds good, and I hope for the best for you, and good luck. ;) We'll love to play your hack one day! :D

~Jack~

Back In Business
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    Hey this look like a very good hack. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    So, [ray.z], you're doing a hack... Interesting... Have you ever made one before? (since I don't know you that much). The mapping looks ok. Hopefully you'll edit tiles, and it'll be even better! (Else it'll look a bit like H.Sotomura's hack)

Good luck, man. You have future! (and past, and present :laugh:)
    I am considering using some of the tiles created by Fangking and co., but I don't wanna change them so drastically cause I like the FRLG tiles.

I don't think new tiles really improve a hack, but it does add an element of uniqueness to a hack that helps it stand out.

And I like Sotomura's hack, cause it really does seem like an actual pokemon game, and not something that's completely different.

As for scripting, that will be done eventually, I just need a little practise.

And nah, I haven't done one before - I've only been practising a little bit on ROMs, but thanks for your support.

Why is the sand there off? was it intentional? ^^;, Looks promising, can't wait for alpha/beta :)
    eheh it was intentional ^^; But it does look odd, so I'll probably change it.

Thanks to you for your comments, I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    i always find it interesting when an experienced spriter makes a hack. it makes me wonder how well the script will be influenced, and how different characters will be. seeing the screens already, it seems that you have a good idea of what scripting changes you plan on making, considering the little sibling you added in there and that open door in the pokemon lab.

to sum it up: can't wait to see this develop. hope it all works out for ya.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    i always find it interesting when an experienced spriter makes a hack. it makes me wonder how well the script will be influenced, and how different characters will be. seeing the screens already, it seems that you have a good idea of what scripting changes you plan on making, considering the little sibling you added in there and that open door in the pokemon lab.

to sum it up: can't wait to see this develop. hope it all works out for ya.
    Yeah, a number of spriters have ventured over to this area. I think it's cause they see new trainers and fakemon inserted, and I think they see this as a way of displaying their work.

But yeah, I have about 10% of the story planned out already (which may change depending on circumstances).

And that's a staircase, not a door - but they both do the same thing ... they take you somewhere! XD

Thanks for you're support man

Something I missed before ^^;
    cool this seems like an intersting game are u going 2 put the fourth generation plemon in it?
    No, I don't believe it's worth all the trouble (sounds, resizing the sprites, new entries), and it means I have to sacrifice some other pokemon.

Oh, and I put a list of features on the initial post, just to make it clear what will be in the hack. But as I said, things may change.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Change as much as you want. That's what hacking is all about, right? Coming up with new ideas is a part of life. Like going swimming, a cannonball or just dive in? Do what you have to do buddy. I can tell this is going to be one heck of an hack.;)

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
    As you know, i'm supporting this hack very much! (You can tell from my sig eh?) Keeping a keen eye for this hack! Don't take this hack to hard!

Years
    From what I can see it's going to be an awesome hack.

Do you have any idea when you'll have something ready for testing? I'd like to see some comments on how it is.

Anyway, keep up the good work, Ray!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Why thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

As for a release - I dunno really. And I don't wanna say anything so I don't get heaps of people asking.

Anywho, I've been working on tiles, so I think I'm definitely gonna change some. Nothing too drastic overall, but enough to give a uniqueness to each environment.

And I've added an entry on my dev blog. Nothing much new really.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back