• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Zitu [über, January 2007]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    hehe, the bratty little brother reminds me of my little cousin:) It's also nice that you have a nice selection of screenshots up there.^_^ I want to see more!:D Good luck to you on the hack once again, and hope you have fun with it buddy.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well for the past two days or so I have been developing the two hero's of the game.

Most of the time I was sitting in front of the computer, just hoping for some inspiration.

Well I finally did them!

Pokémon Zitu [über, January 2007]

Teh Twainerz

Don't they look swell XP Now all that's left is to insert them, and do the OW's ... and the rivals (yes, you have more than one), Prof. Yew and other assorted trainers.

Thanks for the comments peoples. Sorry I didn't have more to show than this, but there should be new screenies in the next couple of days.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well, the sprites are looking good (perhaps I have my doubts about the hero's arms, his right arm may seem a bit "straight-lined" to me..., I wonder if you get my idea, it's just my opionion, anyway). But I really like/hate the heroine (why hate? because her attitude gives me an idea she's the kind of "ohh! you're so cutey!" girl, which I abhor :P)

Of course, this game will have great sprites, considering who's doing them. We'll see about the rest through the time and game...

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Thanks Sotomura and Zel, I appreciate your compliments.

As for the male trainer, I can see what you mean about the arm, so I'll fix that up.

Hmm :< Why do you hate cutesy girls? =P

But yeah, hopefully I can continue to churn out designs ...

Also, I've added a new entry on my dev blog, and I tend to mention things there that I omit from this thread (mainly cause they are more plans than anything confirmed).

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Right. Firstly, I would like to point out that, because I am not a spriter myself, I will not endeavour to point out flaws that may be hidden in the hack, but I will give you critique on other aspects. Firstly, I would like to state that I admire your "heros", but they seem strangely distant from the "Pokemon style" that is usually present in characters such as Ash, or the characters that appear in the various versions. For example, the girl is distinctly short for her age, and that's not to say it's negative, but not common in "Pokemon heros". Also, some of the mapping, though impeccable (at least to my eyes) in terms of spriting, lacked a certain amount of sophistication. Some of the more positive points include the clean simplicity, your creative and inventive flair and good organization of the game's development and the quality and style of your sprites. Congratulations on your decision to develop this, condolences for the troubles you are facing with it, and I hope to see it in completion soon. ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Nice maps and heroes, I like them. Keep up the good work.
    I can't wait for more updates.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well thanks for your comments and support Jae, Christos and Andy, I appreciate them.

As for Jae's comments on the hero's: I understand that they don't look like the traditional hero's as such, and hence they will undergo some type of refurbishment in the near future.

Well it's been a while now, so here of some new screenies

See the bridge on the other side? It was broken up by a sudden increase in the river flow from further upstream. The reasons for this will be explained much later on in the game.

And this area leads to the entrance of the first cave system, only accessible after getting cut.

And here's the first cave system, Nerpa Cave!

There are area's that are currently inaccessible to you for the time being though, since you don't have the correct HM's.

Hehe, I really need to cut back on screenshots ^^;

Well thanks for your support everyone, I appreciate it.

Years
    Just to ask, how many items are in that cave?

Anyway, those screenshots look great! Keep up the great work! There is one thing though. The water tiles in ther first screenshot are inconsistant.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Ehh, as much as Mt Moon had I guess ^^;

Thanks and yeah, as for them tiles, I blame the screen shot taking process. I should've paused it first ^^;

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    You're doing very nice ray-z. I love how you're putting alot of screenshots up too. Keep on bringing quality screenshots man. Keep em' coming buddy. I can't wait to see what else you got bud.;)

~Jack~

Back In Business
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    Yeah nice screens, and yeah hopefully the cave won't be too long.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    It shouldn't be long at all, considering that you will only be able to initially explore one floor.

But I'll still try and confuse you a bit =P

And thanks for your comments.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Hey, [ray.z], those are very interesting screenshots. Looks like you have a good imagination for creating caves (which is not as easy as it may seem), the cave looks very confusing, which is a must for any cave. Just be careful with the levels you give to the wild pokemon there... Good luck!

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    For sure I can't wait to see what else my bud has to show. Keep them amazing updates coming bud.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Hey, [ray.z], those are very interesting screenshots. Looks like you have a good imagination for creating caves (which is not as easy as it may seem), the cave looks very confusing, which is a must for any cave. Just be careful with the levels you give to the wild pokemon there... Good luck!
    Hehe thanks dude, I hope they do confuse everyone (even if it's just in the slightest way =P) But yeah, I hope I don't have the levels set to high (which I think I may ^^; ) I'm planning to go back and review the wild pokemon anyway - I believe I've tried to stuff too many species into a small space.

Oh, and no need to call me [ray.z] - just plain ol' Ray is fine ^_^

That's so cool! :) I wish I could hack like that... oh well! I guess I better get started at the tutorial section! Off I go!
    Heh, I ain't all that great ^^; But thanks for your comment anyway.

As for the tutorials .... you may have to wait a bit until they get back put up.

For sure I can't wait to see what else my bud has to show. Keep them amazing updates coming bud.
    Thanks man. I'd like to show more, since I have been doing a lot of mapping. But I'd like to hold off showing anything till I get, at the very least, some text editing done, and I'd like to get some battles edited as well in preparation for the second gym.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I appreciate them ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back