• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Dawn/Dusk

How great's the game?

• Total voters
    Years
    I just downloaded and i'm going to try it out now.
    I'll edit my post when i'm done.

EDIT:
    When you see Team Evil the first time, in that cave, the screen doesn't stop shaking after the guy walks down the stairs, and it kinda made me dizzy. :paranoid:

Mapping seems nice, a few errors, but nothing that cant be fixed.

I see Sarah standing in the Lab before you get your first Pokemon, and some events stop because they can't get past trainers or obstacles sometimes, you might want to make some switches for them, so they can't be seen.

Some very good features, though for some reason I didnt get to see the day/night thing, so I can't rate that.

The story seems pretty good, keep that up.

Your game can only keep getting better from here, but you might want to fix some of the errors you come across.

Last edited:

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
    I have played it, and I liked your mapwork and the idea for the lab is good.
    Title: I'm not too sure about the title screen.
    Intro: The intro was good, I liked the new professor pic.
    Mapwork: It is good, and I liked the teleport settings.
    Storyline: The storyline is good so far, keep it up.
    Other Features: I like it how it becomes day/night, and the Route/Town ID system is good too.

Problems: When the girl [rival] uses escape rope, she is still on the corner of the screen, and in the lab the desks have the wrong layer setting. When it becomes day again it asks you for the date.

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
    Years
    I'll try my best to fix all of those problems, and I'm glad you enjoy this game overall.

When you see Team Evil the first time, in that cave, the screen doesn't stop shaking after the guy walks down the stairs, and it kinda made me dizzy.

If anybody can help me set it up so that the screen shakes in intervals rather than constant, that'd be great!

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2005
    Hi! I'm SAMMI327 and I am rubyrulez's younger sister. I have to admit he's got a great game going here, I can't wait until he lets me play it!

rubyrulez

Years
    Hey, glad you could join us little sis! I'm sure that you'll have a great time here and I also can't wait for you to play this game, you'll enjoy it, as everybody else has.

rubyrulez

Years
    PatsRule1223 said:
    Have you fixed the screen shaking? and when will you have a CBS? lol

I have not yet fixed the screen shaking, and I hope to have a CBS soon. I just gotta learn to program one.

-EDIT- How do you make the shaknig happen in short intervals rather than constantly, can you help me with that?

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
    rubyrulez said:
    -EDIT- How do you make the shaknig happen in short intervals rather than constantly, can you help me with that?
    ^ Maybe if you make it a Common event and set it as a a constant variable [variabe=5] then make a random variable in the cave so every time it changes to variable=5 the screen will shake. I am not sure if it will work, but it is all that i can think of right now.

rubyrulez

Years
    Ok I will get to work on fixing thos eproblems and expanding the game a bit more. As for the CBS, I will need some assistance, once again there will be a cameo waiting for the people to help me out. I'm posting a picture (scene I created myself, not from the game but just to give you an idea) just for fun. If anybody can help me just let me know! :D

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    you do realise that there is a public battle system on this site, don't you? Why don't you do that because I don't think anybody will help you to make a cbs from scratch because it'll take too much time and work.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hi! I'm SAMMI327 and I am rubyrulez's younger sister. I have to admit he's got a great game going here, I can't wait until he lets me play it!

Well, hello!

rubyrulez>>what's the round white thing in the cave?

rubyrulez

Years
    Phoenix: I will use the public battle system, but it will have to wait before going into my game. Once I learn from tutorials and all how to add and edit stuff, It'll go into my game.

Daegon: Team Evil's Leader placed a mysterious gem in there to summon the legendary Pokemon. You are able to talk to it and soon will be able to take the gem!

Years
    rubyrulez said:
    Phoenix: I will use the public battle system, but it will have to wait before going into my game. Once I learn from tutorials and all how to add and edit stuff, It'll go into my game.

Daegon: Team Evil's Leader placed a mysterious gem in there to summon the legendary Pokemon. You are able to talk to it and soon will be able to take the gem!

So when you pick it up you'll be using the gem later in the game, or what?

rubyrulez

Years
    Later in the game, there should be a point where the gem will calm the rage of the Pokemon and let you battle it.

rubyrulez

Years
    Yep, right now i'm in the process of moving the data from the CBS into my demo. Whatever is in this CBS will be supported by the demo, even if it means you can only use 1 pokemon.

rubyrulez

Years
    I've now gotten back to building onto this game. Sadly, the next demo won't have the CBS like I planned. Having major trouble transferring the public one to my game (switch and variable issues) If someone can tell me how to set it up without having to move my original switches, variables, that'd be great! Also, I hope to be able to add the hero/rival trainer sprites to the intro soon. That's pretty much just about it, expect a demo soon! :)

rubyrulez

Years
    Very, Very sorry for "Triple-posting", but I have some rare new screens. As I wait for a chipset I need to continue, I have decided to set my sights on the other regions, so here are some screens of what I have so far! These screens show the return of the berry-planting system, plus something else...

Years
    I am sorry but you will have to change all switches/variables which overlap the cbs's ones because doing the opposite would be too hard and might effect the battle.

Back