• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Dawn/Dusk

How great's the game?

• Total voters

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
    Years
    Well, knowing this I'll get right to work. This means the demos release won't be for a while, but I might be able to get the CBS into the game for the next demo. Are there any switches/variables I should keep open for the final CBS release, or can I put my own switches anywhere?

rubyrulez

Years
    Thanks to my pal, freakboy, I have an updated screen of Petalburg City! Tell me what you think of this.

rubyrulez

Years
    Daegon_Kimeron said:
    Nice use of RS and FL chipsets on one map!

Actually, freakboy remade some R/S houses to FR/LG style but I do agree it does look good. kudos to you, freakboy! ;)

rubyrulez

Years
    freakboy said:
    thanks for using my house, but it is a little bit off-color.
    i have a chipset for you, check you forum :D

Thanks a lot for that, I'll try using it even though i will most likely have to redo my maps. The off-coloring might turn out to be a good thing, but i still appreciate what you have done and if redoing the maps becomes a frustration, I'll have to use the chipsets I'm using now. :)

Years
    rubyrulez said:
    Well, knowing this I'll get right to work. This means the demos release won't be for a while, but I might be able to get the CBS into the game for the next demo. Are there any switches/variables I should keep open for the final CBS release, or can I put my own switches anywhere?
    Well I used about 80 variables and then some from 144-146 or something so I would just leave the gap between 80-144 so I can use that.
    As for switches, I'm not sure but leave space for about 20-30 more because I am still doing the item sys and pokemon selection sys has not yet been completed...

Sam

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2006
    Hi all, i just wanted to tell you that i am new.. but i also am going to attach something here mainly for Rubyrulez.. but others can use it aswell..

So, Rubyrulez, do you want a Pokemon Stadium in your game?
    If so, click on the attachment at the bottom.
    1 tileset: PokeStadium.png

1 picture of the stadium telling you what tiles goes where: Pokemon Stadium Map.jpg

1 picture on how to set it up in Database\Tileset: Pokemon Stadium Tile Guides.jpg

p.s. Your game looks vry good and is hoping that you can expand it further in short time or longer.
    Oh.. and when creating your map, the size is

46 by 56.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Sam

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2006
    Sorry for double posting but the files did not load.. here they are.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I think it would look better if it were more pokemonish. Nice concept though.

Sam

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2006
    As a matter of fact, this is Meant to be a Pokemon Stadium.
    And err... i dont really think that it is UnPokemonish.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    I agree with Daegon. Although there are signs of R/S graphics in the chipset, they are barely noticable when it is all put together. I would suggest making the grass look more like it does in FR/LG. You should also shade it correctly so that it'll look more like it belongs in a Pokemon game. Get rid of the plants and trees in the chipset and replace them with the ones from FR/LG. I think that's about all I can think of.

Sam

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2006
    Ok, then.. well, the prob is that i got it off of sum1 and cant seem to find him, u no, i aint good at designing.

rubyrulez

Years
    It looks cool, but I don't think i'll be using it. Thanks a lot. Anyway, here's an updated screen from one I posted earlier.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2004
    um dude this is for ruby rulez game not yours, start another thread for your own game.

Sam

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2006
    Oh ok maphias, sory about that RubyRulez.. i'll get rid of them.

rubyrulez

Years
    It's no trouble Sam, you're just trying to help and I appreciate that. Anyway, can't wait to check out your game!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    The berry plant's soil looks a bit dotty to me. Maybe it's just me.

Back