• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POK?MON Hidden Depths

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
  • POK?MON Hidden Depths
    A Phoenixgamez Production

It's baaack. After months in hiatus, it's returned and bigger and better than ever.

-Story-

Quatzal, a Pok?mon, according to legend, so powerful that it has the ability to generate earth rattling storms. Thunderstorms so destructive that they threatened to eradicate huge areas of land in one go. People and Pok?mon alike lived in eternal fear of feeling the wrath of the colossus being. Legend states that it required the combined strength of the four elemental birds, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Psiquatro, to halt the rampaging of the "Serpent of the Sky". In a monumental battle in the skies, the four birds managed to overwhelm and defeat Quatzal. Residents of a village near to where its vanquished body lay decreed to build a temple in which to seal away the powers of the Pok?mon once and for all. A gifted craftsmen carved an intricate puzzle into the temple's entrance as to only permit those capable of pentetrating the puzzle to have access to the interior of the behemoth's seal.

The heroic victory of the four birds caused them to believe that they were now free to rule over the world with the same force and destruction that their defeated foe had used. Rivalries developed between them instigating friction between all four birds which evolved into full blown hatred. Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres became involved in numerous intense battles with each other, concluding in no winners at any time. Psiquatro, the more majestic of the four birds, became disgusted with the constant conflict between them all and fled in shame of its one-time comrades and allies in protecting the world from chaos. One last mammoth battle between the birds concluded in yet another stalemate. The result of this final battle was that the birds became too weak to fight again and withdrew from each others sight to recuperate.

Hundred's and hundred's of years passed with nobody solving the puzzle and the temple eventually got lost in the wild of nature. The witnesses of the "Battle above the Land" had passed on the story to their children who also passed it onto their children. The story, losing its value with each passing generation, ended up being considered a myth by experts who were incapable of justifying any existance of a Serpent Pok?mon with such power.

Meanwhile, a new terror had found its way into the lives of people and Pok?mon. The nefarious Team Rocket had expanded in calibre under the guidance of Giovanni. Developing machinery of advanced capabilities, they became a serious problem. Unable to be persecuted by the tiny police forces, Team Rocket's plans of regional domination were becoming more of a reality. Pok?mon stealing became more prevalent which inevitably led to young Pok?mon trainers becoming too intimidated to take their Pok?mon and travel the region to complete the Gym Leader challenge and enter the Pok?mon League. Because of this, it became a lot more enticing for young trainers to join Team Rocket, thus expanding their regional network and giving the young trainers a massive advantage in the Pok?mon League.

Rumours also began to surface of rumblings around the location of that 'mythical' battle which occurred centuries ago. With Team Rocket wreaking havoc on everyone and the worry of something a lot more powerful lurking somewhere, being a young Pok?mon trainer isn't an attractive prospect..

-Main Characters-

~Damien~ The male hero
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

Damien is a 15 year old boy from Farebloom Town. Damien has always been interested in Pokemon and from a very age showed that he was gifted in handling Pokemon. He spent a lot of time at Dirk's lab helping to tame and befriend all the wild Pokemon that Dirk had brought in. Damien struck up a particular bond with the first Pokemon Dirk ever showed him. It was always Damien's dream to travel the world and meet as many different species of Pokemon as possible. However, a few years ago, Damien's father walked out on him and his mother. Consequently, Damien's mother couldn't cope with the distress and the strain that it had caused and suffered a breakdown. Damien was forced into becoming a stronger, more independant person and cared for his mother as well as taking responsibility for the general running of the house. Fortunately now things are starting to get back back to normal with Damien's mother being back at full health and looking to the future.

~Madison~ The female hero
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

Madison is a 15 year old girl from Farebloom Town. Madison's ambition in life is to move from Farebloom Town to one of the big cities where there is more excitement. Madison's interest in Pokemon began about 4 years ago, shortly after her mother died. With her father also distraught, she turned to Pokemon for comfort. She began spending more and more time in Dirk's lab to try to get herself through such a difficult time. While spending so much time in the lab, she struck up a life long bond with one particular Pokemon. Now, both Madison and her father have moved on and put their past pain behind them and have looked to the future and decided to try to achieve their dreams.

~Azzy~
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

Azzy is a sassy, energetic 14 year old Pokemon trainer from Dayflora Town. She admires all of the great Pokemon Trainers that have become famous and is desperate to replicate the fame and fortune that they have achieved with their Pokemon. Fame is her biggest goal and she will do anything if she believes that it will help her become more famous, even if it means taking shortcuts or making poor decisions and character judgements. Overall, she is a nice helpful girl, even if she is a little bit too headstrong and determined for success.

~Mace~
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

Mace is a calm, intelligent 16 year old wannabe Gym Leader from Johto. He believes he has the necessary attributes and Pokemon skills to become one of the greatest Gym Leaders ever. Mace is very methodical and is very often the voice of reason or the saviour whenever Azzy or Kyte have problems or get into trouble. He has a talent to look at situations from many different perspectives to find the best solution. He also has a strong affinity with nature and considers anyone that tries to destroy any part of nature a sworn enemy. He is also very interested in ancient Pokemon ruins.

~Kyte~
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

Kyte is a cute, playful 12 year old Pokemon lover from Heyspark City. Her idol is Suzie, the great Pokemon breeder. Kyte loves the cuteness and inner beauty of Pokemon and wants to become a Pokemon breeder to help all Pokemon to become as happy as possible. She also admires Azzy's determination and considers her a great role model and tries to base her attitude on Azzy's. She can be very gullible at times, which often leads to her getting into trouble that she can't cope with.

-Features-

-Custom Battle System with Completely Custom Battle Backgrounds.
    -65 New Pokemon, 150 in total. 7 Legendaries.
    -New, better designed, Pokedex.
    -Multiple Sidequests and Story Branches providing a more involving gaming experience.
    -Star Trainers who play a large part in a few of the sidequests.
    -Numerous minigames and puzzles.
    -Duel-type gyms, for more challenging and strategic gym leader battles.
    -Build and/or buy apartments/houses in various locations and decorate them with as many accessories as you desire.
    -More to be unveiled in the future.

-Screenshots

POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

-New Pok?mon-

POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

-Demo News-

Expect a small tech demo in about a weeks time. The demo will contain at least a fully functional Grungewater Town. For those that don't know or remember Grungewater Town there are 5 screenshots of it in this post. Basically, it's a run down town with decrepid buildings and grime infested trees and water. It's your job to rebuild it. You rebuild the houses, cut down trees to supply the wood for that, clean the trees, bushes and water as well as dig and lay a new path around the town from a choice of three different tiles. Also expect to see a working battle system, complete with working battle animations, with the custom graphics and a couple of new Pokemon.

You can find all of the completed pokemon and details on the website: https://www.phoenixgamez.com

Last edited:

gibslpsg

Master Mapper
    Years
  • All i can say Dawson is wow! I love ur mappin and ur custom tilesets. Keep up the great work.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Nice to see new screens. Does this mean that you'll be returning to PC?

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    This is amazing. I cant wait for the new demo. You must have worked really hard on this game.

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
    Years
  • Intensely wonderful graphics, great game :)

I'd give more praises, but I'm busy :S

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2006
    Whats it being made in? It looks like rm2k3, but also sphere.

PokemonXP

Platinum Battler
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Is this on XP or 03? The pics look good. The stuff looks very innovative.

Years
  • Great to see this project is still runnin'. Keep it up:D Is that Axe going to replace the HM Cut or is it only for use when rebuilding Grungewater Town?

Lookin' forward to see the final result;)

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    It's just for rebuilding Grungewater -you use an Axe, a Shovel and a Hose in that town.

Years
  • It's always nice to see some updates (though I've seen some on Twinkledragon already) on Hidden Depths, one of the best looking fan games might I add.
    I'll be looking forward to the demo, I can't wait to play it :)

Illusion

RMXP game maker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2011
    Sharpedo said:
    For some reason Twinkledragon doesn't work for me:S I tried either in Mozilla and Internet Explorer:S What should I do?
    Twinkledragon is down but it should be up asp said Claire. BTW Dawson, your screens look great! I can't wait for more.(I really like the new gym.)
    Nice game and hoping for a demo.
    Illusion

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Yes, its back!
    I'm glad to see that, I loved (still do) this game!
    Looks great as always Dawson. I hope you can find time to keep the updates flowing.
    Good luck with this.

Back