• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POK?MON Hidden Depths

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
  • BTW, your cave tilesets = <3 You rip them yourself?

Oh, Dawson, would you like to write an article about your game for the fangame wiki? *points to sig* It'll be nice to have at least 10 games on it, and I'm asking the best ones I know (Then PT, haha)
    (And yes, this message was copy and pasted. It's basically the same message to everyone whose game I like)

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Yeah, Twinkle Dragon's becoming 'Phoenixgamez.com' and will focus purely on game development resources and Dawson's games and tutorials. It'll be up by Wednesday hopefully -takes a couple of days for the new url to be activated

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Hey Dawson, nice game. Do you mind if i use that grass background in my game. It will be edited and be credited to you.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    Flameguru said:
    Hey Dawson, nice game. Do you mind if i use that grass background in my game. It will be edited and be credited to you.
    My guess is he will give a big no, unless he didn't make it. It looks a bit like the official 'screen picture' from the game if I remember correctly. The worst thing about RM2k3 is getting an effective battle system working. Other than that, it's way better than RMXP.

I remember when you started this game. lol It has continued to get better.

One thing I don't like: Since when is it realistic to carry around all this stuff like a Bike, all that stuff in the back, shovel, axe.. etc... I mean I know other pokemon games did it. Can't you improve the system?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    No way Flameguru -it took me ages to draw all those battle backgrounds o.o; no one else can use them.

Barry, his game won't feature a bike, just the ability to run. With the Axe, Shovel and Hose, they are found in a Toolbox you carry around Grungewater, so they're not items you have in your backpack around the whole game or anything.

Maximo v.2

my walking sprites and....
    Years
  • Dawson thjis game done somthing for me back in the days and when it went down i got out of pokemon a bit i actually had nothing to do on my comp anymore lol but im happy ya putting it back up this is actually my first post in about 5 months lol thumbs up anyways :D

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    back when i first came here long before i got and accont i remember looking at this game and sayin "Someday im gunna make a gmae thats just half as good as this one"....this is a really good game im very excited to see progress with this it looks very splendid......cant wait for a demo

keep up the good work

[NoLeAfCloVeR0987]

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Mine and Dawson's site is now up dedicated to his games and other game development/graphic resources and tutorials. Click the banner to see it:

POK?MON Hidden Depths

The site shows all the new pokemon i've completed so far for the game.

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Thanks for all of the comments guys. Here's a small progress update:
    About 60 out of the 65 new Pokemon have been sprited by Claire.
    9 out of 12 Towns/Cities have been completed though some have undergone a major revamp, particularly the first three towns.
    All but one of the battle backgrounds has been completed. A different background will be used based on the area that you are, for instance: Field, forest, beach, underground, cave etc.
    You can check out all the new Pokemon at our site, www.phoenixgamez.com. Here's just a few for those of you too lazy to click.

POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths
    POK?MON Hidden Depths

Years
  • Man I just like those awesome new Pok?mon:D They look very original. I already like the baby Tropius:P:D. Cute starter Pok?mon;)

Anyway keep the good work up;) I'm looking forward to see more screens of this game:D

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Those sprites look really good. Well done Claire.
    I just noticed a small error. On the second screenshot(and the other showing the water) you posted in the first post. the water tile is not the right one. It has brown around the corners, and not green.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Thanks neo-dragon
    Yeah, he'd already noticed the brown corners and fixed it

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
  • Oh so it was you!:D
    OK cool, I have done number of sprites of your characters!:dead:
    I won't use them without your permission and I would be honoured to have you use some of my sprites in your game!!!

Anyway, Is it ok to use some of your pokemon (my sprites) in my game?:nervous:

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Budige boy, do you mean you've sprited your own version of my pokemon sprites? All concepts and new pokemon are copyrighted to Phoenix Gamez, so you're not allowed to use/create/edit your own version of them.

It's just a tech demo showing Grungewater and the basic battle system, Sharpedo, so it won't have those just yet.
    And thanks for the compliment

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    He's just finishing Grungewater -it took over 600 switches and 15 variables to complete, but it looks great.
    Yeah, and the battle system in the demo will include custom battle animations

Back