• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Adventure I: OOC Thread!

Years
  • Pokemon Adventure I: OOC Thread

Opening Song: Batoru Furontia
    Ending Song: Asterisk
    Author: Charizard_Man
    Rated: PG-13

Dexter's Welcome

Hello, I am Dexter. A specially designed device to aid you, the trainer.

Welcome to the Pokemon World, where humans and nature are linked to each other. The natural environment remains unharmed, pokemon and people alike never try affect the natural enviornment in a negative way. The Pokemon World is split into several regions: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and many more. These regions are large land forms, or other times series of islands or smaller land forms. There are some major differences between the regions, the most important being the type of Pokemon native and what legends surround the history. Pokemon are living creatures that inhabit the Pokemon world that live alongside humans. Pokemon have feelings and can also understand the human language, if a close enough bond forms between human and Pokemon they can understand eachother while otheres around them without the same bond cannot. Pokemon have been enumerated in several different regions by their local Pokemon professors, taking their primary example from the world famous Professor Oak, the developer of the Pokedex and the most well-respected professor in the world. Oak's initial development only counted the 151 Pokemon native to the Kanto region, where our journey begins.

Most people respect Pokemon and treat them kindly, yet there exist people who take advantage of them and exploit their abilities. The most dominant of these people all reside in one organized crime syndicate in pursuit of evil and explotation of Pokemon: Team Rocket. While its main focus is stealing and capturing, then selling, rare and strong Pokemon, it also funds and conducts cruel experimental research on Pokemon. Their oath, as publically announced is "Steal Pokemon for profit. Exploit Pokemon for Profit. All Pokemon exist for the glory of Team Rocket." Those are the words the people of Kanto fear, those are the words the Police are trying to stop, those are the words we will overthrow...

Professor Oak's Fall Trainer List

Taichi Cloud Sugimori
    Spoiler:

Iris Noire Ai Yorihisa

Spoiler:

Cecil Fluorspar

Spoiler:

Important Trainers

Seamus Patrick O'Toole

Spoiler:

Leonard Argyle Radcliff

Spoiler:

Pokemon Location

Pallet Town:

NO POKEMON

Route 1:

Levels: 40% Level 3-----30% Level 4-----30% Level 5

Natures: 50% Serious-----30% Quirky-----20% Adament

Type 1: Normal

Type 2: Flying

Attacks:

-Tackle

Level 5: Sand Attack

Levels: 70% Level 2-----70% Level 3-----30% Level 4

Natures: 50% Quirky-----50% Impish

Type 1: Normal

Attacks:

-Tackle

-Tailwhip

Level 4: Quick Attack

Viridian City:

NO POKEMON

Viridian Forest:

Levels: 75% Level 2---15% Level 3---10% Level 4--

Type 1: Bug

Attacks:

-Tackle

-String Shot

Levels: 75% Level 2---15% Level 3---10% Level 4--

Type 1: Bug

Type 2: Poison

Attacks:

-Poison Sting

-String Shot

Levels: 100% Level 4

Natures: 60% Impish-----40% Adament

Type 1: Electric

Attacks:

-Thunder Shock

-Growl

Last edited:

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • Could Starla quite possibly please please with a Skitty on top be a recurring character? :o

OMG OGM OMG OMG <3 I missed you <33333333333333333

Ricky you'd better accept or you I wil lfind you and smack you so hard that you can't block that critical hit D:<

Umbreongirl

As riddled as the tide
    Years
  • </3

Owned. Be afraid, be very afraid. Especially with the legion of non-Pokemon deities that GhostPrincess can summon with the flick of her wrist. Gods like Snipah' Kitty, Mistah Bigglesworth, and my personal favorite, Rob the Turkey! ;P If tryouts are necessary, i'm only too happy to oblige. :pink_love:

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I could try my hand again at "the recurring character" thing since I never got to get anywhere last with him :(.

But that's only if I'm needed/wanted by the rest of the cast :)

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Oh, hello, Raikiri-san!

I hope that we can work pleasantly together, once again, on Charizard-san's RP.

Of course, he's busy with some finals right now, but he'll be done in a few days or so at most. Don't touch that dial!

Umbre-chan, welcome back- it's good to see that you're active again! I myself was inactive for two or three months as well, but since then I've made time in my life for these things again, as I see you have as well. (Or, uh, maybe you're just not busy again ^_^")

Rest assured, I will hound Mr. Ricky to the ends of the earth if he fails at this a second time. THERE WILL BE NO THIRD CHANCE MWAHAHAHA- ahem, excuse me.

Years
  • Hello! It's like a reunion!! (: Cirrus was right when he said I was busy with finals, baseball season is getting started while basketball is just ending. So It's been really hecticc,hmm..how do u spell that...?

Umbre-chan, come on! No need for auditions, it would be an honor to have Starla join the cast! Well I made a small post, and I'll be editing the OOC thread. Oh and before I forget, Raikirii!! It would also be an honor if you can join the cast again, oh and a big change. No more contests, those are gonna be the death of this roleplay...again.

So I'm off to edit this thread. Peace tweenies.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Hope this works. If they are any typos, I apologize ahead of time. It is late.

Name: Leonard Argyle Radcliff
    Nickname: Leon
    Birthday: August 17th

Hair Color: Golden blonde with darker brown highlights to give the hair some character and definition as his natural blonde hair has been frequently dubbed fake by his admirers.
    Hair Length: Leon's hair is fairly long, but messy and shaggy. The sides cover his ears and his bangs brush across his face.
    Eye Color: Leon's genes have blessed with deep blue eyes that look like pools of water. While they don't do the amazing sparkling effect, many women have been mesmerized by them at least enough to give the typical comments that men with blue eyes receive.

Height: 5"5
    Weight: 117 pounds
    Body Structure: Leonard has been gifted with a superb body that keeps him from gaining weight and becoming completely unattractive. He is fairly tall for his age (which he credits to good nutrition and active involvement in sports) and thin yet athletic body that has been developed over the course of several years of physical training in various forms of activity. His body is somewhat toned, however having only recently hit puberty he does not pack significant muscle mass. He has long limbs, however, which adds to his developing lanky appearance which disturbs him mentally and emotionally.

Basic Clothing: Leon's clothing is practical and functional considering his position as a hopeful champion. His torso is covered by a black t-shirt with medieval designs on the chest and back, however you rarely see it due his investment in a zipped gray hoodie also complete with tribal abstract designs (let your mind create this image for you). His jeans are the standard faded blue denim complete with a stonewashed accent given to them, supplying character and individuality. To keep his pants from having a date with the ground, Leon wears a black leather belt with a sliver buckle complete with the utility attachments to carry PokeBalls. His shoes are of the Vans brand with a black and white color design, which forces them to the most standard of his clothing. To make him feel a celebrity, Leon sports Nike Tarj Sunglasses to protect his perfect blue eyes. With his additional funds, Leon invested in some jewelry. The only show of this investment are the additions of a silver hoop earring on his left ear and a silver chain necklace with no pendant (as of yet).
    Pajamas: Leon chooses to sleep in black pajama pants with an old white T-shirt. In warmer weather, Leon will ditch the shirt for the sake of sleeping comfortably.
    Bathing Suit: Being a competitive swimmer, Leon only owns several pairs of Speedo Swim trunks. For his adventure, Leon packed two: a blue and black pair as well as a blue and white pair. This swim trunks are only an inch above his knees and are a tight fit, a fact that boosts Leon's ego.
    Accessories: Other than an expensive back pack that holds his earphones, an iPhone with loads of music and contacts and his custom duct tape wallet, there isn't much to mention.

Personality: Leon is the definition of an inflated ego. Having accomplished numerous goals and gathering a series of notable achievements in his hometown, Leon sees himself as superior to those around him and does not fear having to push people around to get around, having be given the notion that others can be a problem and hinder progress. As a result, Leon has the tendency to feed his ego at numerous times in any way he can whether it be boasting his long list of achievements or competing in senseless tasks he believes he can win. He is an attention hog, instantly seizing control of any situation he walks in. Leon is frequently outgoing introducing himself to any individual he finds interesting at the time. As a result, he is a spur of the moment character as long as there is an opportunity to feed his ego.

Due to his ego, Leon is extremely confident in himself and his abilities showing no fear with often leads to him walking into scenarios without really thinking. Leon is often reckless with his actions and finds himself improvising nearly everything he does. No whether this leads to success or failure is another matter and Leon rarely thinks that far ahead to actually bothering to worry. As a result, Leon is incredibly irresponsible and is prone to forgetting important information since he is far more concerned feeding his ever-growing ego and any other desires that strike him. His greatest weakness however is failure. Leon never accepts a loss of any sort, causing him to break down an immature rage citing reasons that he couldn't and shouldn't loss. As a result, Leon will force himself to repress the memory after a long stint of depression.

Leon is extremely blunt, refusing to walk around the truth. This is has often lead to arguments that rarely end well. This trait is due to the lack of common sense that struck Leon and his utter naivety. In reality, Leon is a solid performer in school, earning solid marks. This gives Leon solid analytical ability and intelligence at the cost of wisdom to actually apply it.

History: Leon was born in the city of Slateport but was quickly shipped over to Celadon along with the rest of his family before memories had actually developed in his tiny baby brain. His family life, however, was missing a key component: A mother. In a small family home with his working Father, Leon was often forced to remain at school for the majority of the day. He stayed with teachers, joined a few clubs or even played sports. In fact, he did anything to the pass the time. Over the years, he became more and more skilled in the activities he took part in. His teachers celebrated his achievements in the classroom. His clubs granted him numerous trophies for outstanding performance. His coaches recommended that he take his talent to the next level. These starling successes were further supported by his father who rewarded Leon will sorts of gifts were served the purposes of filling the void of non-existent family time.

The final few years in school, he became a decorated and renowned individual. He was among the top students and athletes and his "fame" gave birth to a newfound trait: Pride. Much like the ancient wielders of the original sin, Leon became engulfed in this new hubris. He bathed in his glory, took great pride in his accomplishments to the point, he actively sought out competition just to add more fuel to the fire that was his ego. And who could blame the lad? Leon's grades were a string of As and Bs, with his losses in non-important classes such as Art and Music. The many clubs he joined promoted him to the rank of President or Vice President in some way or form. He was the captain of several sports teams including the local Swim and Basketball teams. The popularity gained from these activites led to him become the target of many childish relationships with the female youth of Celadon as well as the man to hang out with in the male crowd. The fame lead to Leon landing a solid job at the bike shop earning the independent business lots of money. In a sense, Leon never experienced failure and was used to success and this notion lead to a man with a pride. One than can never be broken.

Having done all he could in the city of Celadon at least at the moment, Leon turned his attention to Pokemon. It was the only unconquered obstacle left in his life. After bitter long debates with his sole provider, he managed to convince his father to purchase him enough supplies to sent out his quest including new clothes and survival tools. With his final wishes sent in stone, Leon made his way to Pallet town with the hope of receiving a Pokemon for his quest so that he can one more achievement to the long list that has already been written down on the scroll of destiny.

Starter: Pikachu/Male (it is the only one left if I am correct)

FInal Party (I hope it is acceptable):

Species: Raichu
    Nickname: Zeus
    Nature: Rash
    Ability: Static
    Attacks: Thunderbolt, Thunder, Brick Break, Agility

Species: Lapras
    Nickname: Nessie
    Nature: Docile
    Ability: Shell Armor
    Attacks: Surf, Ice Beam, Perish Song, Rest

Species: Dragonite
    Nickname: Ladon
    Nature: Brave
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Attacks: Dragon Rush, Outrage, Dragon Claw, Shock Wave

Species: Flareon
    Nickname: Prometheus
    Nature: Hardy
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Attacks: Fire Fang, Flamethrower, Toxic, Dig

Name: Nidoking
    Nickname: Ares
    Nature: Lonely
    Ability: Poison Point
    Attacks: Earthquake, Brick Break, Megahorn, Sludge Bomb

Name: Slowbro
    Nickname: Poseidon
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Attacks: Psychic, Surf, Calm Mind, Ice Beam

Other: Leon's idol is Gary Oak/Blue (whatever we are calling him). He also has celebrity crushes on Whitney of Goldenrod and Misty of Celadon. Leon loves reading and often wastes time reading various books. As a result, he knows random facts about various things especially mythology.

RP Sample: If needed, I'll provide one

Last edited:

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
    Years
  • My lord... it is a reunion here...

This RP still open? I am bored and I don't often ask that question anymore... I never seam to be accepted. *sigh* or everyone vanishs... into nothing.

Cirrus

Years
  • As we have an established system of communication that is very effective, I believe this RP will live for a long time to come.

Or I hope so. I will seriously beat Ricky into oblivion if he disappears. *crunch* Hear that? HEAR THAT??!

Um, yeah.

Years
  • Sure it is open for re-occuring characters, post a SU and I'll see if it is acceptable. k? (:
    Yup Cirrus is right, this roleplay will live on forevaa!! Haha or atleast until its done. Speaking of which, when is the next post going up. I wanna get the ball rolling!! :)

Cirrus

Years
  • Sorry for being a little inactive, guise. Post will be going up soon.

After I stop slacking off and writing my novel. T_T

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Mr. Charizard Man...sorry to clog up the OOC thread but I did post a sign up in an attempt to take a spot as a reoccurring character. It would be very appreciated if you would check it out and see I can be one. I have the urge to actually write here and there haha

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Ah, thank you for the formal acceptance lol.

Well in that case, I'll read the thread to see the characters develop. Hopefully my debut will come sooner rather than later. I do wanna make it epic :)

Years
  • Yea, this time around I'll make you appear earlier. Maybe Viridian Forest or something, that way our characters can have a Pikachu Battle of some sort. :3

Oh and btw guys, I would appreciate your TC's.

Back