• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon - Amie~!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
  • Thanks for all the great info + tips too, especially with the PokePuffs! Just learned something new!
    I'll agree with the 'Head It' game, for me it's the most fun.

It will help me bond more with my Pokemon.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • I only played this feature to max out the affection level so that I could at least make the story plot justifiable when they comment on the close relationship between me and my pokemon. It also helps that the pokemon with max affection gets the chance to recover from status ailments.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    i think poke amie is actally show you how the pokeball works when your not using your pokemon

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2018
    Theres also a 5th set of Pokepuffs if you do really well. I got one called Spring and one called Autumn. (Spring has pink flowers on a pink pokepuff and Autumn was like a citrus colored one with a bunch of fruit on it) I got them when playing Unlimited at Berry Picker when i got a score of 100.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    when you click on the pokemon in the main menu there 3 button you see Puff,heart,note

I'm still clueless. It seems like all my Pokemon have the same preference of Pokepuffs because I see the same Pokepuff icon appear of their heads in the main menu. But when I feed that Pokepuff they don't appear to like it.

Also what's with the yellow smaller happy face icon in the bottom left corner?

Years
  • I'm still clueless. It seems like all my Pokemon have the same preference of Pokepuffs because I see the same Pokepuff icon appear of their heads in the main menu. But when I feed that Pokepuff they don't appear to like it.

Also what's with the yellow smaller happy face icon in the bottom left corner?

The pokepuff in the main screen just means it's hungry. When you feed it, you need to experiment by giving it same level puffs of different colors.
    The happy face is for the "face play" thing that activates randomly (as far as I know) and that doesn't seem to work with my face >:(

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Say, if one touches the crystals atop Froslass' head one's hand will freeze. Does anyone know any other such effects? Like, would I guess, burning from touching Charmander's flame?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    The pokepuff in the main screen just means it's hungry. When you feed it, you need to experiment by giving it same level puffs of different colors.
    The happy face is for the "face play" thing that activates randomly (as far as I know) and that doesn't seem to work with my face >:(

Experiment? You mean there's no way of knowing until you feed them different kinds? That's just stupid.

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • Personally I like this feature (: It's cute! I like the "Head It" game. The easiest one in my opinion, hehe.

For me myself, I haven't really used it >.> Since I've just completed my main quest of the game, I guess I'll use this feature more than ever. Haha.

Years
  • Say, if one touches the crystals atop Froslass' head one's hand will freeze. Does anyone know any other such effects? Like, would I guess, burning from touching Charmander's flame?

Like touching Pikachu's cheek, and Ponyta's mane, my younger cousin sure laughed hard when I did that -_-

That's all I know for now though.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    I try to use Pokemon-Amie every now and then.. gives me lots of fun teasing my pokemon with puffs especially Espurr haha xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    What are some super rare items for it? And is there a way to visit other players Amie homes?

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • I recently maxed out my Hydreigon's affection. That's right, the death-dragon that indiscriminately mames anything that moves. He actually has a pretty cute "happy" animation, though the way all three of his heads devour a Pokepuff in a matter of milliseconds is still unnerving to say the least.
    Also, some unique traits of other Pokemon I've played around with:
    -You cannot feed Shedinja. No surprise there.
    -If you pet Pikachu's cheek your hand gets shocked.
    -If you pet Pyroar's mane your hand gets burned.
    -When you pet Ditto your hand moves slower and makes a slippery sound. He is a living pile of jelly after all.
    -Don't try to pet Kangaskhan's baby. She doesn't like that... at all.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm currently at Route 8 and I've almost maxed out the happiness for my Vespiquen, it's currently at four affection hearts. I really like the perks that come with the Pokémon-Amie feature, surviving hits in battle and gaining extra Exp is just awesome.

Years
  • I've seen so many fun screenshots of Pokemon Amie courtesy of Tumblr, some are adorable while others are downright funny, depending on which parts of the Pokemon you touch. But yeah I do hope that once I get the games I'll try and abuse this feature to the fullest.

Plus I'll get to see all the cute faces that the Pokemon can pull off!

Back