• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Aqua Blue (Pokedeaths, loot system, and more) Demo out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Ok, this will be a legendary hack once is done.
    I must support you, cuz the features and the plot are damn great man

I hope to see a sequel in the future, maybe with VI generation

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Ok, this will be a legendary hack once is done.
    I must support you, cuz the features and the plot are damn great man

I hope to see a sequel in the future, maybe with VI generation

Thanks a bunch! And I definitely don't want to be thinking sequels until this one is done.

Last edited:

Cassandra

Transgender Queen
    Years
  • A lot of these features sound really amazing and I commend you for including them (though the death system and ability to join the evil team seem a bit much. Always felt it was needless and made it less of a Pokemon experience.) I'll be checking this out definitely.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • A lot of these features sound really amazing and I commend you for including them (though the death system and ability to join the evil team seem a bit much. Always felt it was needless and made it less of a Pokemon experience.) I'll be checking this out definitely.

There were a lot of things in the original Red version that they hinted at that you weren't able to actually do. As a... 9 year old kid? Playing the original game, I always wanted to join Team rocket on the nugget bridge. You always heard stories in school about people's pokemon actually dying. People talking about how Gary was mourning the loss of one of his pokemon at the Pokemon Tower.

These are things I'm putting in the game because of years of wonder. Looking back at my 9 year old self knowing this is the type of stuff I would have killed for back then. Now that I'm able to make it a reality, I'm standing firm. I am posting this here of course, but bottom line I'm still making it for me.

I'm glad you like the rest of the features however, and luckily joining team rocket isn't manditory!

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    This looks incredibly interesting. So far it appears to be a true diamond in the rough, but we'll have to wait and see how its all implemented. Regardless, I'll be keeping my eye out for the first download.

Personally, I enjoy the idea of the death system and the option to join Team Rocket. It'll give the game more replayability and more consequences for your actions. I just hope I don't get arena-trapped by a lv. 30 Dugtrio while I'm trying to train my lv. 15 Oddish lol. And for what it's worth, I'll try super hard not to abuse save states on this one so I can experience the game how you intended.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen today
    Pretty awesome hack. Love the hero sprites, banner, screen shots & story.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Thanks again for the positive feedback, everyone. I have released the first demo. I have disabled pokedeaths for now, but everything else should be working (minus the core exchange in the celadon city dept. store) You can find the link for the download on the front page. Please keep in mind this is the first demo I have released, and it is still very much in alpha.

Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I really like the look of the main character, and I love the cardboard box idea haha. Unfortunately, when I was choosing my starter I would confirm the selection, but I would be looped to the beginning of the process again. Because I couldn't pick a starter, I wasn't allowed to exit my bedroom. Not sure if others are experiencing the same issue... anyway this game shows a lot of promise, looking forward to seeing more in the future :D

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • I really like the look of the main character, and I love the cardboard box idea haha. Unfortunately, when I was choosing my starter I would confirm the selection, but I would be looped to the beginning of the process again. Because I couldn't pick a starter, I wasn't allowed to exit my bedroom. Not sure if others are experiencing the same issue... anyway this game shows a lot of promise, looking forward to seeing more in the future :D

I, unfortunately, have the same issue as dhogan.

I'm so sorry about this. I discovered there was a way to make it give you no pokemon during that, so I fixed that and broke the main feature. Its now fixed, just please redownload the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1slm4mtbh09nawr/Pokemon Aqua Blue Alpha Demo.rar?dl=0

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2016
    Great ROM hack I hope its well received I love the death system making it a psuedo-forced nuzlocke and that MG reference with the cardboard box and great way to make use of the shiny stones

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Great idea for the pokemon deaths, but I feel like the death chance is a bit too high. Even in the manga where pokemon death is not only implemented but shown, is death not that high. Besides, what happens if you are fighting a gym, and by some freak chance all your pokemon die when you lose the battle, what happens then?

Last edited:

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Great idea for the pokemon deaths, but I feel like the death chance is a bit too high. Even in the manga where pokemon death is not only implemented but shown, is death that high. Besides, what happens if you are fighting a gym, and by some freak chance all your pokemon die when you lose the battle, what happens then?

This has been said multiple times while answering questions, but the death feature isn't implemented yet. I still have a lot of testing to do with it. I do want death to be real. I want you to never have your pokemon faint. I know its going to happen, but I want the way people play pokemon to change. If all of your pokemon die, you will be left with ghosts in your party. The pokemon centers will hand out free basic pokemon, and each center will offer a different one based on the pokemon around the area.

Your pokemon are never deleted. Instead, they are turned into a ghost species. This ghost species can be buried in the pokemon tower and you will receive something for it. I have yet to think about what exactly you will get.

Yes, if all of your pokemon die, it will be a terrible thing, but it will be your fault for not being prepared. You will need to know the typing of the gym before you enter. You will need to make sure you have the appropriate team, and you need to understand you can't faceroll it.

This isn't X and Y, and I want to make that clear. This isn't a Gamefreak game anymore, and its not meant for people who just want to breeze through the game. I want it to be challenging, with real risks and rewards.

I am making sure the player has ample chances to receive free potions, and to make sure they have everything they need to survive if they play correctly.

Years
  • This has been said multiple times while answering questions, but the death feature isn't implemented yet. I still have a lot of testing to do with it. I do want death to be real. I want you to never have your pokemon faint. I know its going to happen, but I want the way people play pokemon to change. If all of your pokemon die, you will be left with ghosts in your party. The pokemon centers will hand out free basic pokemon, and each center will offer a different one based on the pokemon around the area.

Your pokemon are never deleted. Instead, they are turned into a ghost species. This ghost species can be buried in the pokemon tower and you will receive something for it. I have yet to think about what exactly you will get.

Yes, if all of your pokemon die, it will be a terrible thing, but it will be your fault for not being prepared. You will need to know the typing of the gym before you enter. You will need to make sure you have the appropriate team, and you need to understand you can't faceroll it.

This isn't X and Y, and I want to make that clear. This isn't a Gamefreak game anymore, and its not meant for people who just want to breeze through the game. I want it to be challenging, with real risks and rewards.

I am making sure the player has ample chances to receive free potions, and to make sure they have everything they need to survive if they play correctly.
    Why don't you make it a option for people that way more people be ready to play your hack I know I will play regradless i am used to death in game thanks to old fire emblem games.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • Why don't you make it a option for people that way more people be ready to play your hack I know I will play regradless i am used to death in game thanks to old fire emblem games.
    Dude, just leave him be. If he wants his hack to be challenging, let him make it challenging. It's HIS vision, after all.

That aside, everything looks great on the first page. I'm gonna try out the beta as soon as I can.

Years
  • Its just that so many people are asking about this, but I really would rather just leave it be. The story is tied into it.
    Oh I understand I mean you want to do things how you intended to do it. Do you know were oak Saffon city is I went tto the pokemon center he isn't there I have a stone in my key items.

Last edited:

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Iwasjust giving an subjection that all I know it his hack but a little advice wouldn't hurt,

It's nice to give your opinions about a hack but try not forcing someone to shape a hack the way you want it. It's not your typical hack so it's understandable that a lot of people will find some features apalling but try it for yourself and have faith in the execution. If pulled off properly it's gonna freaking epic XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back