• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon ash's adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 23, 2018
VARIDIAN CITY MAP
picture.php

NOTE:ANY MAPPER AND SCRIPTER CAN JOIN MY HACK.BECAUSE NOW A DAYS I AM ALONE WORKING ON HACK THATWHY I NEED MEMBER FOR HELP IN THIES TWO THING.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
I dont know if this has been said but, here goes nothing.

YOUR MAPPING NEEDS SOME HELP. The maps' too empty and the small grass patches laying around is not doing anything. You should at least limit the empty areas in your map - add some trees in between or so like that. But overall you seem doing GREAT. KEEP IT UP! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 15, 2016
Excuse me Pokemon r.
Where is the link or how can I download the hack?
Ive been looking through your initial post but I dont find it.
Thanks for the answerr

NotchItUpABit

Amateur
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 16, 2016
Not a rom hacker, but I noticed a few issues with the game. Mapping.. isn't really good. Everything seems semi-random, and honestly the logic in the maps make no sense. I know Pokemon isn't really logical, but having four bridges doesn't make much sense. Also, everything seems so straight and bland.

Have you considered looking at other rom hacks and the official games to get a sense of mapping? Also, I saw earlier comments about how you've approached people via PM to help you, but I would suggest going on the recruiting forum or whatever section it was.

The project goal.. is very large. Having three regions, plus the Orange Islands is very difficult. I know I have no experience in rom hacking, but even in regular game development this would seem like overdoing it. Also, what makes this any better than the other anime adapted rom hacks? I know you're not competing with them, but what would make me want to play this over Ash Gray? Maybe tone it down a bit, it seems you don't have much experience rom hacking, so I think you can work up to your goal via smaller projects.

You don't speak English that well, and it really irritates me (along with others, probably) when there isn't any proper grammar in the dialogue boxes. Perhaps hire someone who could help?

All in all, hope you do well and don't feel discouraged with what I said. I was really blunt, but this is just constructive criticism meant to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back