• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
  • It's even worse than when some game publishers make announcements of announcements. At least then we have dates. Here, we have a vague "in the future".

The way Nintendo is handling all this is appalling. I honestly now feel like reviving my old Twitter account only so I could respond to every tweet they make with "No one cares. Where's Pokémon Bank".

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So how do you like the latest Twitter update, guys?

"More information on the launch of @Pokemon Bank and Poké Transporter will be announced in the future. Thanks for your patience!"

Gee, thanks Nintendo, that's really informative. I had no idea the Pokemon Bank would be announced in the future. Had it not been for this update, I would have thought the Pokemon Bank would be announced in the past or something!

And what makes it even worse is that's exactly what they said over 2 weeks ago. They might as well have not said anything at all, because that tweet is meaningless.

Years
  • So how do you like the latest Twitter update, guys?

"More information on the launch of @Pokemon Bank and Poké Transporter will be announced in the future. Thanks for your patience!"

Gee, thanks Nintendo, that's really informative. I had no idea the Pokemon Bank would be announced in the future. Had it not been for this update, I would have thought the Pokemon Bank would be announced in the past or something!

We're going back to the future, aren't we.

Years
  • Question...do we need to have our white 2/black 2 game finished before being able to transfer pokemon or does it not matter?

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    Since my old 3DS broke some time ago, I was able to download Dream Radar on my new one, and re-catch the Bird Trio; so now I have two sets of legit legendaries. Two Tornadus' whoo-hoo! I'm not the type to stalk websites with updates on this (honestly I wouldn't even know where to look), but I'm ready for The Bank to open up so I can make a nice deposit :D

Where duh $$ at.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I wouldn't bank on it coming out soon. Hahaha please tell me no one's used that one yet

But seriously. If there hasn't been any news in half a month, I think it's going to be awhile. I mean I'm still excited, but honestly, half of PC is offering every Bank Pokemon on the trade threads, so the release isn't going to be as exciting as it would've been.

Years
  • Since my old 3DS broke some time ago, I was able to download Dream Radar on my new one, and re-catch the Bird Trio; so now I have two sets of legit legendaries. Two Tornadus' whoo-hoo! I'm not the type to stalk websites with updates on this (honestly I wouldn't even know where to look), but I'm ready for The Bank to open up so I can make a nice deposit :D

Where duh $$ at.

I'm mainly checking this thread hoping there's an update! And Serebii, but I check that regularly anyway.

Years
  • Out of curiosity, I just picked up my old GBA-SP and looked through my old Ruby, Firered and Emerald cartridges, feeling all nostalgic. Then I felt kinda sad for all the Pokémans inside those games that I hadn't touched upon for many years, one of which I had almost finished the entire Pokédex in with the exception of a few legendaries.
    With that, I suddenly felt the urge to actually buy a Gen 4 game, a Gen 5 game and then when (and if, I guess) this Pokébank thing comes out, transfer all those old pokés through all these games and into my Pokémon X game, just so they won't rot away and eventually die with the cartridge once that much time has passed.

I think that'd be absolutley glorious.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • As much as I'm truly fed up with waiting for Pokemon Bank to be released FINALLY, another part of me wants Nintendo to have fixed it asap, so when Pokemon Bank will be released finally (truly hope this will happen in time in order to receive Celebi .__.), that we won't have any issues with server traffic anymore.

Thanks Nintendo, for your clever idea to release Pokemon Bank during Christmas time so that server / server traffic explodes literally

So since we already waited for months for Pokemon X/Y to come out and now for Pokemon Bank, guess I can wait a little while longer, .__.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Come on Nintendo, you can do better than this...

Just when the Wii U and 3DS sales go up, you prove your ineptitude and inexperience with any kind of modern online system, and then endlessly delay a long-awaited piece of software?

Seriously?

Years
  • Come on Nintendo, you can do better than this...

Just when the Wii U and 3DS sales go up, you prove your ineptitude and inexperience with any kind of modern online system, and then endlessly delay a long-awaited piece of software?

Seriously?
    I agree. If the bank doesn't come out this week a lot of people will give up on the bank and move on.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I agree. If the bank doesn't come out this week a lot of people will give up on the bank and move on.

I wouldn't give up on the Bank...I'd just get ever-so-slightly more mad.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I already gave up on it. :P
    That way, I couldn't focus on waiting for it, and when they do announce when it'll be available, I would be excited once again. xD

I haven't even played my game in weeks because there's just no point until I get all the pokemon I wanted on to it :(

Make sure you already got the special Torchic. o.o
    It's about to end~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    The part which annoys me is that there are a few lucky people in japan already have it and have showed it works. So there is no doubt that Nintendo misjudged their ability to produce PokeBank by a deadline and that the Bank isn't actually finished, it's 100% fully functional and working and it's sitting out on some server somewhere and we can't have it.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The part which annoys me is that there are a few lucky people in japan already have it and have showed it works. So there is no doubt that Nintendo misjudged their ability to produce PokeBank by a deadline and that the Bank isn't actually finished, it's 100% fully functional and working and it's sitting out on some server somewhere and we can't have it.

It was pulled off not because it wasn't finished or because they couldn't meet a deadline, but because it caused too high of a traffic congestion that caused the server for the store to crash. They haven't put it back up because its going to cause a lot of traffic when it does come back on and they need to make the server stronger to hold the stress that its going to get from the amount of people accessing it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    It was pulled off not because it wasn't finished or because they couldn't meet a deadline, but because it caused too high of a traffic congestion that caused the server for the store to crash. They haven't put it back up because its going to cause a lot of traffic when it does come back on and they need to make the server stronger to hold the stress that its going to get from the amount of people accessing it.

I guess what I'm saying is Nintendo is taunting us by allowing the few who already had it downloaded to still use it. Nintendo put such emphasis to not allow any player to get a head start. Pokemon X/Y were the first mainstream games released internationally on the same day, and more importantly they had a period of time where you'd NOT be able to transfer your old pokemon because they wanted to feel nobody had a better chance than somebody else. They did so well up until the delay.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I guess what I'm saying is Nintendo is taunting us by allowing the few who already had it downloaded to still use it. Nintendo put such emphasis to not allow any player to get a head start. Pokemon X/Y were the first mainstream games released internationally on the same day, and more importantly they had a period of time where you'd NOT be able to transfer your old pokemon because they wanted to feel nobody had a better chance than somebody else. They did so well up until the delay.

That was never Nintendo's say (Pokemon's release), that was TPC and Gamefreak's original decision, and since then, Japan has gotten a majority of the added bonuses before anyone else. Even the Japanese Bank was released 2 days before international release.

The no head start thing was just intended for X and Y and doesn't really pass on to anything else. The next Pokemon games can go right back to being Japan exclusive for a year+ then translated versions appear later. That was a fleeting notion that began and ended with the actual release of X and Y.

Back