• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

Phangy

Master
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I'm wondering if the delay isn't as much about server issues than it is about fixing their hack checks. I was reading about how badly they were working with the original version, and I'd prefer them take a year to release PokeBank with good hack checks than release a shoddy program that allows totally ridiculous Pokemon to come flooding in.

That being said, they should say something about it if that's the case -- keeping us more updated would be the best thing they can do. For now, I have been able to get some of the Bank exclusives and I'm hoping that I can breed those to trade for the ones I'm missing. I'm not expecting it any time soon.

you'd think they would have figured out how to stop hack pokemon before the release, shouldn't be hard to get their hands on some hacked pokemon to play with to make sure what they said would work actually works. but I really hope they don't do something stupid like wait till the next 3DS pokemon game to put it out. they've already lost a lot pushing it now, no one's really doing to care that far down the road.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    kinda of late for that since if people really wanted their hacked pokemon they would find a someone to transfer their hacked pokemon for them.

That's true, but that still requires someone to track down one of the relatively small numbers of people who have a working version of PokeBank -- I'm sure there'd be WAY more hacks around if people could just upload their own willy nilly.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • I'm wondering if the delay isn't as much about server issues than it is about fixing their hack checks. I was reading about how badly they were working with the original version, and I'd prefer them take a year to release PokeBank with good hack checks than release a shoddy program that allows totally ridiculous Pokemon to come flooding in.

That being said, they should say something about it if that's the case -- keeping us more updated would be the best thing they can do. For now, I have been able to get some of the Bank exclusives and I'm hoping that I can breed those to trade for the ones I'm missing. I'm not expecting it any time soon.
    Based on how easy it is to breed in XY, aside from hackers skipping parts of the game and using ready Pokemon, I don't really see that big of a problem. Sure, it bothers me that someone makes a team of six within five minutes, but it's not like he will harm my online experience (other than using legendaries, Charizard, Smogonbird, Klefki, Swordmon, Rotom and other overused Pokemon that are pain to watch anymore). So I doubt that it has anything to do with them working on hack checks. Nintendo favoring Japan over the rest of the world would be more likely than that.

All I can say about PokeBank is: Please Understand.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • That's true, but that still requires someone to track down one of the relatively small numbers of people who have a working version of PokeBank -- I'm sure there'd be WAY more hacks around if people could just upload their own willy nilly.

But it also depends on the guy who's transferring them for you. If he says no illegal Pokemon then no. Like the guy who helped me.

Years
  • But it also depends on the guy who's transferring them for you. If he says no illegal Pokemon then no. Like the guy who helped me.

If you can find a guy. Not many people downloaded bank, and then you'd have to find one of the few people who did, have them be willing to trade for you and not have such a stupid time difference that it was possible to be online at the same time to actually trade.
    Plus you'd have to trust that they weren't going to screw you over. I'm not sure I'd trust a stranger with all my shinies and event pokemon, even if they did offer to help.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure Nintendo said they would give a update some in the early 20's.

But I don't understand the uproar, if their working out some kinks I don't have a problem. Though I more so don't understand the need for it. Who catches enough pokemon to warrant all those extra boxes? And a cloud subsribtion pokemon storage service is the stupidest thing ever.

The tranfer part/app I could understand, though I like keeping my pokemon per version since I never complete them.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm pretty sure Nintendo said they would give a update some in the early 20's.

But I don't understand the uproar, if their working out some kinks I don't have a problem. Though I more so don't understand the need for it. Who catches enough pokemon to warrant all those extra boxes? And a cloud subsribtion pokemon storage service is the stupidest thing ever.

The tranfer part/app I could understand, though I like keeping my pokemon per version since I never complete them.

You'd be surprised at how many Pokemon a serious breeder can collect.

But the "uproar" is because we all expected Nintendo to make sure this service would be ready by the time they said it would be, but then didn't because they were somehow unable to see that Christmas+app they know will be popular worldwide+one of their most popular franchises=massive server strain, and probably didn't prepare for it as well as they should have.

But that by itself isn't the whole problem. What really turns this into an issue is that Nintendo has told us jack **** since saying "we'll give you more info on the Bank soon". Which was over 3 weeks ago. They did post a tweet the other day, but it was the exact same meaningless thing they already said. And its not like they're working out problems with the Bank. We know it works because a handful of Japanese people have it and it works (some people say that they're working on the hack check, but its just speculation).

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Nintendo has serious issues, projecting losses at the billions for the current fiscal year irc. So PokéBank is the least of their problems, literary.

I don't really buy that excuse. If the reason for the PokeBank delay is a projected loss in their profits, they should be more transparent and actually say "Postponed until we get our financial situation straightened out, which may be a year or two". No matter how you look at it or what excuses can be made on their part, they're handling it horribly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I don't really buy that excuse. If the reason for the PokeBank delay is a projected loss in their profits, they should be more transparent and actually say "Postponed until we get our financial situation straightened out, which may be a year or two". No matter how you look at it or what excuses can be made on their part, they're handling it horribly.

They can't say things like that when its not relevant. Project loss isn't relevant to the delay even if its a reason to not work on it. They are handling it just as every other company handles it, so I don't see how they are handling it horribly. Just calm down people. Its not the end of the world.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    They can't say things like that when its not relevant. Project loss isn't relevant to the delay even if its a reason to not work on it. They are handling it just as every other company handles it, so I don't see how they are handling it horribly. Just calm down people. Its not the end of the world.

other companies don't promise a product then pull it right before release and not clearly tell anyone what's going on or even if it will be out at all. Plus other companies tend to fix things pretty quick. Nintendo really messed up this thing and all people really want is some kind of solid news. It's just frustrating not knowing.

Years
  • They can't say things like that when its not relevant. Project loss isn't relevant to the delay even if its a reason to not work on it. They are handling it just as every other company handles it, so I don't see how they are handling it horribly. Just calm down people. Its not the end of the world.

No one has said it's the end of the world, just very frustrating! A lot of people were looking forward to it for months (I know I was). I imagine I'm not the only person who has stopped playing because of waiting for Bank either.

They are handling it badly. The lack of any news is bad. I've said it before in this thread but everyone would be much less irate if there was a vague idea. Even a "We're having issues with Pokebank, we hope to have it sorted in the next x months" would be brilliant. With the amount of people on social media, there's no need to leave a huge section of their fanbase in the dark completely.

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
  • Lots of companies push back release dates, even when they're a week away from the launch date. I think the main exception here is that PokeBank was actually on plan with their release up until the server crash. They must've taken that as a sign that they needed to do some tweaks, and in effect, really came off as an attack on their worldwide fanbase. Everyone wants details, and Nintendo is just one of those companies that likes to keep a tight lid on their inner-workings. Nintendo's main fault here is that they go to the press junkets and keep announcing the same unhelpful statement, "more details on Pokebank and PokeTransporter are coming soon".

I'd rather have the Bank work at 100% efficiency than see it get released haphazardly and full of little issues and glitches that could potentially lead to a cloud error and possible loss of very valuable Pokemon.

While I may not be happy with it, I'm willing to wait it out for something that's likely going to be an integral part of all future Pokemon games.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    hopefully, the free trial dates get pushed back with it

Last edited:

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023

At least PokeBank would decrease those losses by few couple $5 :p

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • other companies don't promise a product then pull it right before release and not clearly tell anyone what's going on or even if it will be out at all. Plus other companies tend to fix things pretty quick. Nintendo really messed up this thing and all people really want is some kind of solid news. It's just frustrating not knowing.
    And only 8 days to go until it's been one month since it's original release date...Nintendo has surely disappointed.

Also by the comment on their losses I meant that Nintendo has several issues, not just being bad at online services.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    LOL. Sorry, but even to Nintendo, 25 billion YEN is chump change. That's a meager 240 million US dollars. Yeah, they didn't turn a profit for the year, but they are hardly going belly up either.

Like others have said, they simply don't know how to handle net traffic and server loads. From day 1 Nintendo shop downloads have always been painfully slow. They are likely trying to plan to nail their upgrade perfectly when it all relaunches, but they really can't. Best they can do is get close, and then have a plan in place to handle further overload. There's no way that they can completely predict the loads that they are going to face. The way I see it, is that they are being very "Japanese" about this. They don't want to lose any more reputation so they are being far too careful. It will come out, but I'd bet money it will be a few more months, easily.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • Not sure if the hate is going towards Nintendo or Game Freak cause Game Freak has given us alot of what we ask for. Though I hope they can supply us with more info. They can't hold us out for a month.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • Nintendo/Gamefreak want to prevent the servers from crashing again. Badly screw up once and it's a major disappointment, badly screw up twice in the same way and you've lost your customer's trust.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Nintendo/Gamefreak want to prevent the servers from crashing again. Badly screw up once and it's a major disappointment, badly screw up twice in the same way and you've lost your customer's trust.

they've already lost customer trust, this isn't the first short sighted screw up.

Back