• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    THAT'S interesting! I linked my Wii U and 3Ds accounts together some time ago (when you could first do it) and because of the few Virtual Console games I got on the deluxe Wii U set I got $5 worth of credit because of it, and Pokebank just let me use the credit to activate my free trial, so it looks like my first year is free! Woo! Who says the Wii U isn't worth it? ;-)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ya know, I wasn't expecting it to be available today. I thought we'd get on Thrusday at the earliest. But we got it today.

So thank you, Nintendo.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Finally it arrives for us North Americans.

Now, time to start transporting them Legendaries...going to a tedious process that's for sure.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Well, Pokebank is finally out everywhere (as far as I know) Yay! Hopefully wonder trade gets some more variety of Pokemon being traded.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Okay, that terrifies me. Not about to have done all that work on my Dex for nothing if that's what's gonna happen...looks like I'll be holding off on using it. :x

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Really? I didn't have any problems when sending 3 boxes of Pokemon from my black 2 to my Y.

Also, my contribution to what can and can't make it through the hack check:

-Pokemon created using Pokegen or whatever will make it through, provided they have legit stats, abilities, and moves
    -Pokemon who's IVs have been altered by an Action Replay will make it through
    -if you hacked to get an event item required for a legendary Pokemon, that Pokemon will not make it through

The last one is the one I find strange. I tried to transport an Arceus and a Darkrai up. Both are the ones you can get in the game itself. I had used an Action Replay to get the Azure Flute and the Hotel Key or whatever it is. I'm not sure how the game would know that I hacked the items when the Pokemon are the ones in the games' programming

Years
  • I read about the save file corruptions just now. Things should be fine though as long as you don't open the app and use it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Really? I didn't have any problems when sending 3 boxes of Pokemon from my black 2 to my Y.

-Pokemon created using Pokegen or whatever will make it through, provided they have legit stats, abilities, and moves
    -if you hacked to get an event item required for a legendary Pokemon, that Pokemon will not make it through

The last one is the one I find strange. I tried to transport an Arceus and a Darkrai up. Both are the ones you can get in the game itself. I had used an Action Replay to get the Azure Flute and the Hotel Key or whatever it is. I'm not sure how the game would know that I hacked the items when the Pokemon are the ones in the games' programming

Not weird at all actually, in the Hoeen Games, you could get both Mew and Deoxys via many ways, however they wouldn't obey and more importantly wouldn't be recognized as legitimate unless you got the actual item (or if using an AR, used the Obedient code (or the Obeys code, basically whatever it was called to make the pokemon obey) but you ONLY needed to do it on those two pokemon, no others, so I'm led to beleive that when you hack the item to get Arceus or Darkrai into your game, that's not enough. The item only unlocks the event to get them, but getting the item from a legitimate source may alos add the code into the acquired pokemon/game in order to be seen as legitimate? I'm not sure, I got both the Darkrai and Arceus, so it is possible.

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Huh, i guess im lucky. My file hasnt corrupted. So, im soryy for those out there with corrupted files :/

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023

Think that might have something to do with the versions the event items were actually available in. For example, Oaks Letter was only available on platinum so if you AR'd to get it on diamond/pearl the Shaymin you caught as a result won't go through. Same with the Member Card and Darkrai.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Not weird at all actually, in the Hoeen Games, you could get both Mew and Deoxys via many ways, however they wouldn't obey and more importantly wouldn't be recognized as legitimate unless you got the actual item (or if using an AR, used the Obedient code (or the Obeys code, basically whatever it was called to make the pokemon obey) but you ONLY needed to do it on those two pokemon, no others, so I'm led to beleive that when you hack the item to get Arceus or Darkrai into your game, that's not enough. The item only unlocks the event to get them, but getting the item from a legitimate source may alos add the code into the acquired pokemon/game in order to be seen as legitimate? I'm not sure, I got both the Darkrai and Arceus, so it is possible.

Think that might have something to do with the versions the event items were actually available in. For example, Oaks Letter was only available on platinum so if you AR'd to get it on diamond/pearl the Shaymin you caught as a result won't go through. Same with the Member Card and Darkrai.

Ah, that would explain it. Not only was I missing the obedient code thing, I did it on my Pearl.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The last one is the one I find strange. I tried to transport an Arceus and a Darkrai up. Both are the ones you can get in the game itself. I had used an Action Replay to get the Azure Flute and the Hotel Key or whatever it is. I'm not sure how the game would know that I hacked the items when the Pokemon are the ones in the games' programming

Probably because Nintendo never handed out those items. They were in the coding, but never actually given out. I know the Azure Flute wasn't given out anyway, but not totally sure about the Hotel Key. I never had wifi in gen IV. :(

I read about the save file corruptions just now. Things should be fine though as long as you don't open the app and use it.

What do you mean? Just trying to make sure I don't mess up. ;-;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That's what got me. I was like "but how do I use the app without using the app ;___;" Zach you are supposed to help meeee.

Back