• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2016
This is easily the coolest looking RMXP Pokemon game. I will follow this thread feverently.

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
The thread is still quiet i hope Luka hasn't given up on blue chrome =(

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
The thread is still quiet i hope Luca hasn't given up on blue chrome =(
Luka*

I can guarantee you that he hasn't given up. He is working on some new features... Thing is we have exams starting next month and we are studying (but, knowing Luka...:P).

tl;dr: don't give up hope, its not dead.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Just because I don't reply for a while doesn't mean that nothing is going on. Most of the new things I've been working on are to do with mapping and eventing (which are the things I don't want to reveal), but if you need proof of work I'll be glad to explain.

First, the theoretical things. What I've done is, I've made every trainer re-matchable. That means: you beat them once, and if you interact with them again, they'll ask you for another battle. Next...I've started focusing on little details, and their influences. Things like time will act upon the game systems, rather than only on events. An example would be the intro and title screen. The screens vary during what time it is of the day.

capture055.png
capture057.png

capture056.png
capture058q.png

And lastly...I've started implementing my idea of gadgets. I've started with the Grip Gloves, which are the replacement for the HM Rock Climb. What I intend to do is make those things a bit more real. As you can see from the image below, Rock Climbing really means climbing some rocks, and you freely control your player on those rocks in directions which ever please you.

capture059.png

(P.S. Sorry for the poor writing, was in a hurry.)

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Nice, that sounds way cooler than the stupid Rock Climb ability haha.

Years
Nice screens again, grip glove idea seems amazing. Way better than the stupid Rock Climb. I am happy to see that the project is still doing well ^^

But every battle rematchable, that seems like a cool idea. But I wonder if it makes game too easy?

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I hope to get hands on this game. It Looks very good. I like it. Nice work. Keep it up.

lizardman974

I'm honestly just that awesome
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013

Oh that's smart! To have the dark crystals growing out of a cliffside is awesome! Would you interact with it and it would send you to the [insert synonym of "Dark World" here], or do you have to open the bag then use the dark orb?

Boogieman900

The bringer of PIE!
Years
OK I'm super curious as I don't think it has been mentioned and I didn't get an answer when I asked about it last time so here it is.
Breeding Sytem. (pokemon, not what some of you may have been thinking.) Will Pokemon be able to breed with each other. and how will it work, will it be a case of anything can breed with anything or like in the orginal games with it being Egg groups and that

also IV's and EV's as well as stats will they be implemented? if so I can teach you all I know of them. that might help otherwise Serebii.com has a decent guide on them.

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Didnt they include the system of essentials so it shud be the same

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
OK I'm super curious as I don't think it has been mentioned and I didn't get an answer when I asked about it last time so here it is.
Breeding Sytem. (pokemon, not what some of you may have been thinking.) Will Pokemon be able to breed with each other. and how will it work, will it be a case of anything can breed with anything or like in the orginal games with it being Egg groups and that

also IV's and EV's as well as stats will they be implemented? if so I can teach you all I know of them. that might help otherwise Serebii.com has a decent guide on them.

I believe it has been answered before, but in case I'm wrong I'll say it again. The game will have the regular Essentials system (I'm too lazy to go around making a new one). This means that it will be handled in the same way as the 3rd gen breeding systems. Egg groups will exist. Legendaries won't be able to breed, and all will be able to breed with Ditto. Personally I have no idea why you are so interested in it.

OK. Onto the next stuff. I've been working on some systems, which until further notice I'll keep secret from you :P Though I have taken a second look into the Player Customization system and came up with new things. As I said before there will be 12 designs to choose each for the boy and girl, so 24 different sprites (for a developer, that's alot of sprites with tons of different uses such as surf, running, etc.) If you aren't happy with that, then I don't know how to make you :P But the system will not be like the previous attempt where you will have 3 styles and 4 colors for each. The clothes will be all different styles and different colors for each. Now onto the newest part. I've added in 3 special set of clothes. Team Rocket outfit, Team Magma outfit, Team Aqua outfit. Normal clothes can be bought in shops, while the special outfits are obtained through special events. Now...the special outfits, will serve for an alternative gameplay, as long as you wear these clothes, things play out differently. Special outfits such as Team Magma, and Team Aqua ones will be essentials for certain events, such as capturing Groudon and Kyogre.

heroescostumes.png

The special outfits.

capture060.png
capture062.png
capture063.png
capture064.png

Some new screenshots of the Customization System. I changed the interface a bit, and started completing full sprite sheets. Also, clothes can be changed anytime you want to...don't forget that :)

Credits go to tebited15 for the red OW and Kyledove for the Magma and Aqua grunts of which I based my heroes.

I will post further updates shortly, but this is just to keep the crowd satisfied.

Last edited:

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Oh my. That's awesome. I've always wanted to be able to do this in a game! Do you think you'll make just one sprite with a ton of outfits, or will they stay like this and be different sprites?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Oh my. That's awesome. I've always wanted to be able to do this in a game! Do you think you'll make just one sprite with a ton of outfits, or will they stay like this and be different sprites?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by that, but if you are asking if the heroes are going to be the same sprite just in different clothes, then the answer is no.

You only need to make Team Galactic, HeartGold and Ruby protagonists costumes.

I'm not including a Team Galactic campaign in the game since I still have no solid plot regarding their actions. If you looked closely you would have seen that the HG/SS protagonists have already been put in the game. And Ruby protagonist sprites have been made ages ago (Emerald outfits to be more specific), but you will not be able to change into them since they play a big role in the storyline and have to be unique. I already sacrificed the whole character of Red, and Gold existing due to the fact that you can have their outfit.

Ok. Now for the next part, I've just finished the intro scene and am putting it up here for those of you that are interested. Also game name has changed from Blue Chrome to Blue Tourmaline, since I wanted a more standard name of a gem for the game.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
I think the name "Blue Chrome" was a lot better. Going for the whole gem-name pattern works for Nintendo since the names are, well... catchy. "Pokémon Pearl" is a lot easier on the tongue than "Pokémon Blue Tourmaline". This ongoing trend of fan-games using obscure gem names is a bit silly, in my opinion.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
The update is great, I don't have enough time to comment on it in more detail sadly. I agree with Mrchewy, changing the name for the sake of it is just 'silly'. Blue Chrome sounds way better! Besides, Pokemon Gold, Silver, Platinum? They're metals like Blue Chrome, you don't have to have gems. Although a name really changes nothing about the game in itself, it isn't as good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back