• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven

Tyrian
Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2011
I think that the flying system is great, and original, but I'm not too fond of the graphics.
They don't really fit in with the normal overworld graphics, In my own opinion, I think you should just use the same In-game tiles.
Also, the icons for the cities seem a bit misshapen. Likewise with routes, but both the icons and the routes can look better with a few touch ups.

Gitz

Pkm Blue Chrome's Spriter
Years
Uau! What a great pkmn we have here *-*

Man, i just love ur game, i just send you a PM, if you already read it, can i enter the team? i want to become a betters spriter, making pokémon sprites (pokémons and trainers) will make me a better spriter, and would be a pleasure help you on the game...

I sent some of my works, hope u'd like it!

Ciao

DoubleF

treinador competitivo
Years
fantastic work! :D
already have release date?
is fantastic, has everything to be the best ...
I hope have news! :)

cumps from portugal

tikki

Idiot Haunter
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
This looks like it's going to be really amazing! I can't wait for a demo or something.

DoubleF

treinador competitivo
Years
even now, I do not know how this one part of launching the Pokemon in battle or capture them, if they have that scene and that red light? : P
excuse the bad English! ;P
but you understand?! LOOL

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates recently...I got back to Blue Chrome just a few days ago, and am here with updated stuff. The first thing I want to stress: please, everyone, stop asking for a release date! It gets really frustrating and annoying after dozen release date questions. If there was any information on the release date, I would post it on the first page, there is no info meaning no release date.

Now onto the update itself. I've been working on the battle system, and mainly it's visual effects. Once I get a better video recording software, I will do just that. Now I wanted to introduce Deoxys' new ability - Formchange. This ability allows it to change forms according to battle situations. Meaning that if it's attacked, it changes to defense form, if it is attacking, it changes to attack form and so on. Still, like in the official games, meteorites will be available to change its main form. Here are some screenshots.

capture071.png
capture074.png
capture069.png
capture078.png

The next part is the ability to select the Compact mode for the battle system. This mode clears up the upper screen, to make it look smoother and cleaner. The player can choose between the two interfaces in the options menu. Here are some more screenshots.

capture068.png
capture076.png
capture077.png

EDIT: Looks like Deoxys just became unbeatable...it changes to speed form when you try to capture, making its evasiveness go higher. I guess the only thing to stop this Pokemon is a Masterball.

Last edited:

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
That is a decent update Luka. I think the compact mode looks really slick and well done, and the Deoxys form thing is a good idea, though also going to be a b***h to fight against. Changing to be good at that it's doing or what the opponent's doing? We just got ourselves a new uber. :P

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hell yeah :D I was a bit disappointed with the official Deoxys, it was always one of the coolest Pokemon in my opinion, so I thought I'd give it an overhaul, and finally enable its true potential ;) And yes it's terrible to fight it, I lost against this lv 100 Deoxys with my lv 80 Rayquaza, lv 80 Palkia and lv 145 Groudon :( I might have made it a tad too strong

Atomic Reactor

What will the Speed and Normal forms have to do with battle?
Compact mode looks slick :P
Looks like backsprites are animated when attacking too? I like that :)

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
That is a cool idea for Deoxys..
What will the Speed and Normal forms have to do with battle?
Compact mode looks slick :P
Looks like backsprites are animated when attacking too? I like that :)

That's a good question. Haven't fully thought all the forms through. Well the normal form would just be its normal battle sprite, when staying idle. The speed form could be used when throwing a ball at it or something, which would increase its evasivness.

Omn

Moogle King
Years
Its so beautiful it wakes me wanna cry so much it makes beaches i'm moved to tears by the amazing work on this game and the looks :D

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2023
These screenshots just keep getting better and better! I wish Gamefreak would hire creative people like you so we can have these amazing ideas in the main games.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
Really liking the Deoxys thing, very creative.

Btw, is it just me, or did Regirock change sprites when it attacked with Ancientpower against Brock's Onix?

Meh, it doesn't matter, the game is still awesome, and I mean enough to rival the real Pokemon games. :D

Good luck with the rest of the game! :D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
This isn't really good criticism, so I shouldn't post this.
But I just wanted to declare that this game is by far, the most attractive game on the board to play.

I lost a lot of my passion for pokemon fan games, but I look forward to the day I can play this.
Your UI is very clean for the most part. I've said to you before I hate your HP boxes for battle shots. Compact Mode for the battle is pointless since it's still essentially the same. My best advice I could give you is just don't add features just so you can add a check mark to the game's list. I did assume by this stage of development you knew were to draw the line with features that are not really useful for gameplay. I guess not. So keep that in mind as you move on cause as I said, so far, this project is amazing. Don't lower it.

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
Years
Neo-Dragon@ Dont bang the game xD.

Luka@ The modes look awesome and really good graphicly wise, like everyone else is sayin' Cant Wait To Play It!!!!!! XD

Atomic Reactor

Any attack that requires it to take into account it's speed, or things like quick attack or extremespeed.. Like, in moves like that, itll go into speed form? Idk, just throwin' out ideas =/

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
That's a good question. Haven't fully thought all the forms through. Well the normal form would just be its normal battle sprite, when staying idle. The speed form could be used when throwing a ball at it or something, which would increase its evasivness.
When being attacked, Deoxys could take either Defence (ups DEF and SPDEF) or Speed (ups evasion) forms. This'll make it less broken, too (since the Speed form has a lower DEF/SPDEF). The form taken would (should) probably be random, perhaps influenced a little by the attack being used against it (its strength/weakness to it/priority/whatever), or opposing Pokémon's stats, or Deoxys stat modifiers (i.e. form is whatever is greatest, and random if equal). Don't waste effort trying to let the player choose the form.

Attack and Normal forms as you've mentioned (or as part of the randomness/stat modifier dependency thing if you use that).

Having thought up the idea, I think having the form depend entirely on Deoxys' stat modifiers would work really well. If the foe uses a Growl on you, your DEF goes up in retaliation (lower ATK = more focus on defence). If they use a Tail Whip, your ATK goes up. That kind of thing. You can also incorporate the accuracy/evasion stats too, quite easily.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Really liking the Deoxys thing, very creative.

Btw, is it just me, or did Regirock change sprites when it attacked with Ancientpower against Brock's Onix?

Meh, it doesn't matter, the game is still awesome, and I mean enough to rival the real Pokemon games. :D

Good luck with the rest of the game! :D

I've gone quite high with visual effects in the battle system, so the sprites move about and change frame when attacking. When they are being attacked, they also wobble regarding to what kind of damage there was. I can't really explain it well, I need to take a video, but Hypercam just can't record it well enough. I'll see what I can do about that.

This isn't really good criticism, so I shouldn't post this.
But I just wanted to declare that this game is by far, the most attractive game on the board to play.

I lost a lot of my passion for pokemon fan games, but I look forward to the day I can play this.
Your UI is very clean for the most part. I've said to you before I hate your HP boxes for battle shots. Compact Mode for the battle is pointless since it's still essentially the same. My best advice I could give you is just don't add features just so you can add a check mark to the game's list. I did assume by this stage of development you knew were to draw the line with features that are not really useful for gameplay. I guess not. So keep that in mind as you move on cause as I said, so far, this project is amazing. Don't lower it.

Thank you. You've been following this game for quite the time and always given constructive comments, I appereciate that, and I thank you for your modesty :) The thing with the Compact mode, it's not really a planned feature when I did it as much as it is my boredom kicking it. This was essentially going to be the main battle system. I've just done it, to see what it would look like, but then I thought, some people might not like it. I didn't want all the work going to waste so I put it there as an option for those people who like to have their upper screen clean in battle :) Regarding the battle boxes I'm really stuck then :( This is the best I could come up with, and that I thought would work. Any suggestions on how to clean it up? Perhaps make the inside part of it plain, and not too shiny?

What about for speed form..
Any attack that requires it to take into account it's speed, or things like quick attack or extremespeed.. Like, in moves like that, it'll go into speed form? Idk, just throwin' out ideas =/

These are good ideask especially the extreme speed attack one. I'll see what else I can come up with. I updated the previous post with a final screenshot, showing Deoxys changes to speed form when being captured to increase its evasivness, so this is what I've done up 'till now. Thank's for the input though.

When being attacked, Deoxys could take either Defence (ups DEF and SPDEF) or Speed (ups evasion) forms. This'll make it less broken, too (since the Speed form has a lower DEF/SPDEF). The form taken would (should) probably be random, perhaps influenced a little by the attack being used against it (its strength/weakness to it/priority/whatever), or opposing Pokémon's stats, or Deoxys stat modifiers (i.e. form is whatever is greatest, and random if equal). Don't waste effort trying to let the player choose the form.

Attack and Normal forms as you've mentioned (or as part of the randomness/stat modifier dependency thing if you use that).

Having thought up the idea, I think having the form depend entirely on Deoxys' stat modifiers would work really well. If the foe uses a Growl on you, your DEF goes up in retaliation (lower ATK = more focus on defense). If they use a Tail Whip, your ATK goes up. That kind of thing. You can also incorporate the accuracy/evasion stats too, quite easily.

The idea with the Randomized Speed or Defense form is a good one, though i think there should be a 1/4 probability for speed form and 3/4 probability for the defense form to kick in. I think the Defense form should be the main one when defending though, but speed form could kick in from time to time. I like it. Also the thing with the player choosing form, I already incorporated Deoxys' official form change into the game, long time ago, so I just never took it out. This allows the player to look at their preferred sprite when Deoxys is idle. It's not going to influence the battle much, but it's just a matter of preference. Now for the second one, what I think I might to is, that when a Pokemon lowers its stats, or what it lowers its own stats, there might be less chance of Deoxys taking that certain form. I don't know...the whole stats thing is confusing me alot XD I'll see what I can cook up.

Everyone (people who I haven't mentioned), thank you for your continued support and comments. Do a game developer, it really does mean much when his/her work is appreciated, so I appreciate your support. I'm sorry this project is taking so long, and I know some of you want an end product now, but I'm trying to make this as perfect as possible, so that the game experience can be awesome.

EDIT: Hey guys double post time :) Anyways, I've gotten my self a new and shiny screen recorder so here are the videos as promised.

Battle System v2 - Battle against Brock

Battle System v2 - Battle against Deoxys

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
The new look of the batte system is great, the compact mode certainly makes it look a lot less cluttered. I haven't had a look at the videos yet but when I do I'll edit this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back