• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

But nintendo broke that trend XD
The names for 5th gen are Black and White XD
So now no rules apply haha.

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
I also add my voice as one more that prefers Blue Chrome.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
I would recommend Luca, if you can put in your own customized costumes into the game somehow. That might not fit in the storyline but it will be a nice little feature if implemented running around as your own customized hero <:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 15, 2023
Wow, so far this game is shaping up to be very amazing, with the features such as outfit change, grip gloves, etc. I really hope this game gets completed! BTW I also like the name Blue Chrome better, just because it's easier to say.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I like the interface for it. I like the woodgrain background on the lower half of the screen. The icons for picking the clothes are a good size too. Good job.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
If you looked closely you would have seen that the HG/SS protagonists have already been put in the game. And Ruby protagonist sprites have been made ages ago (Emerald outfits to be more specific), but you will not be able to change into them since they play a big role in the storyline and have to be unique. I already sacrificed the whole character of Red, and Gold existing due to the fact that you can have their outfit.

Why sacrifice the characters just for the clothes?
Couldn't you just implent, so that you get their clothes after you meet them?
And sort of... Add a small difference in all the clothes so that you can separate the characters when they are together in-game?

I'd rather have Red and Gold in-game, than they're clothes to wear, XD
But maybe that's only my opinion.

Anyway, everything is looking absolutley stunning anyway.
I wish you the best of luck.

tImE~

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Why sacrifice the characters just for the clothes?
Couldn't you just implent, so that you get their clothes after you meet them?
And sort of... Add a small difference in all the clothes so that you can separate the characters when they are together in-game?
He is probably limiting the number of outfits as he needs to do multiple sheets for every single one.
Lets do some maths here.
Lets say there are 6 outfits right now.
For each outfit you need a walking, running, biking, swimming, fishing, pokeball using and rock climbing sheets.
6x7 = 42 sheets.
Lets say there are 6 different sprites on average per sheet.
6 x 42 = 252 sprites.
Now I don't know about you, but I don't know any mortal man who would attempt to increase his workload further than that, along with all the scripts, systems and other graphics that need to be done.
Just my $0.02

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
He is probably limiting the number of outfits as he needs to do multiple sheets for every single one.
Lets do some maths here.
Lets say there are 6 outfits right now.
For each outfit you need a walking, running, biking, swimming, fishing, pokeball using and rock climbing sheets.
6x7 = 42 sheets.
Lets say there are 6 different sprites on average per sheet.
6 x 42 = 252 sprites.
Now I don't know about you, but I don't know any mortal man who would attempt to increase his workload further than that, along with all the scripts, systems and other graphics that need to be done.
Just my $0.02

Of course no living man in his right mind would extend his work more.
But I don't reckon he has already finished all the sheets yet?

But I don't want more costumes. XD
I only want Red and Gold to be in the game.
If Ruby is in the game, then it'd be strange if Red and Gold wasn't since you go to their regions. Right?

But it doesn't matter.
The game will surely be awsome anyway, XD Just expressing my mind here.

Years
I do like the fact that you can have alternate costumes. That said, I noticed the hair isn't consistent throughout the outfits. It's a minor thing, but it should still be taken into consideration.

That said, making the hair the same for each outfit could allow Gold and Red to be put into the game in some form or another.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
@Alexandre: There are 9 sheets so far for the guy and 3 for the girl. So it's 12 x 7 for each outfit so far. Like I said. I plan to do more. The only problem with this whole project is going to be game size. Since already it is huge, and not finished

@tImE: I'll see what I can do about it, to get the characters in along with similar outfits :)

@Alistair: That's a good point made there. I'll try to exploit the little difference in the game

So guys (and girls too), I've completed a pretty big thing now, which in my opinion is original, unique and new. I found my own way of drawing region maps, using fly, and map navigation system in the Pokegear. I call it the Interactive Map system. It's internactive since it allows for events and characters or Pokemon OWs to be fully displayed on the map. Now I would like to show a video I have taken, but I'm in school now so I can't upload it. As soon as I get home I'll upload that video and post the link here. This is just a heads up :)

EDIT: Oh and since the crowd has spoken and voted, game name is reverted back to Blue Chrome.

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
@Alexandre: There are 9 sheets so far for the guy and 3 for the girl. So it's 12 x 7 for each outfit so far. Like I said. I plan to do more. The only problem with this whole project is going to be game size. Since already it is huge, and not finished

@tImE: I'll see what I can do about it, to get the characters in along with similar outfits :)

@Alistair: That's a good point made there. I'll try to exploit the little difference in the game

So guys (and girls too), I've completed a pretty big thing now, which in my opinion is original, unique and new. I found my own way of drawing region maps, using fly, and map navigation system in the Pokegear. I call it the Interactive Map system. It's internactive since it allows for events and characters or Pokemon OWs to be fully displayed on the map. Now I would like to show a video I have taken, but I'm in school now so I can't upload it. As soon as I get home I'll upload that video and post the link here. This is just a heads up :)

EDIT: Oh and since the crowd has spoken and voted, game name is reverted back to Blue Chrome.
WOW!!
I am not usually gives comment in this section...^^"
but this RPG deserves indeed.

about the colors in Kyledove style, now I understand what you told me in deviantart...
The environment make a good effect of harmony with colors not too much strong.. and it has been good also the idea of the contrast that you have used among tiles as the houses and the natural environment.

If I owe be sincere, the last two news are those that have attracted me more than every other thing...
The change of dress is organized very well.. also from the graphic point of view!
and the last video...
WOW! really!
the idea to be able to go to all the historical cities of the pokemon games, but totally renewed is very beautiful!

well friend..
good luck with this project and...I hope to see soon the new video. ;)

P.S: is still there the possibility to become a collaborator of blue chrome?
maybe as mapper (my best field), spriter or something connected to the graphics.. ^^"
becouse some time ago I had send you a PM with my work as you had request...but I don't recived any answer :(
However...look my work on deviantart ;)

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
So guys, as promised more information on the new Flying system is here. My only personal problem is the crappy quality of Hyper cam which messes up most of the videos, and makes them lag, so I'm posting screenshots too, just for a better quality preview.

So first I would like to show you my brand new and very own way of drawing up region maps. This below is the map of Kanto and Johto together, with tiny modifications and is the new way I'll be drawing up maps.
Spoiler:

If you want to watch the video on how the flying system works, follow the link here. Otherwise here are some high quality screenshots.
Spoiler:

EDIT: Noticed and fixed the 1 pixel space between the bar and screen border.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Level 200 is the max.

These screenshots are awesome, man. Love the new flying system. I also like the clothing changes, too. This project just keeps on amazing me over and over. I don't really have any negative things to say about this so far.

Keep at it.

-Zeta

Atomic Reactor

Cool flying system, that's pretty much what I had planned on doing with my last game, except just more of a detailed overworlds map. But yeah, looks pretty good.
I think you should put the hero on a siloheutte of a bird, kinda like surf, but this time for fly, ya know?

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Yes the bird silhouette would dramatically enhance the feel that your character is actually flying. A great idea occurred and i thought why not remove the limit of the routes to walk to each town on the world map and fly, when you can have the region maps free for your character to move around in and "certain areas" after being unlocked could be flown to. What i mean is you know how the map of the region appears and u walk around to get to each town, why not have it open and free to make it faster to fly to an area across the map AND at the same time have possibilities of having secret places or certain places that are only flyable to. That would make it feel more of a flying like system. Maybe put a cloud in the sky that you can unlock so that you can awaken Rayquaza. Another great idea would be to bring back diving but you probably did that already. Maybe a ship is sinking and you use dive to escape it? Overall that idea was really good keep up the good work =D. Oh right and also have boundaries/greyed out towns for the areas you cant go to of course, and have the world map very huge compared to your character but the character being much faster.

Last edited:

i_am_a_pokemon

AsparagusEdu
Years
I aprove bluejay's idea. It would be very cool if you "really can fly over the region (obviously having region limits).
But... Why there's a guard at the map? He can fly too?

I would like to you make a starter kit! I think that the actual one is some old and people want to make games easily.

Boogieman900

The bringer of PIE!
Years
From What I could tell that wasn't the gaurd. That was the sprite they used in D/P/Pt/HG/SS for mystery gift stuff like pokemon or pokewalker courses. Thats what I got from it... Oh wait I know what it is, it's the Pokemon leauge obviusly you can't go there yet and he is there so you can't go further

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
That is a guard. I don't know if Luka wants to tell you yet, but he's not flying ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back