• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Chronicles: Episode I - Kanto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Trainer Kat: That was a pretty good post. The battle with the Bug Catcher was pretty evenly matched too. Good choice with that one. Oh, and I liked how you brought back the Trainer that Zimvee's Character battled earlier. That was fairly creative. Due to your efforts:
    Weedle grew to Level 7!
    What...Weedle is evolving!? Will you allow the process to continue? (You can roleplay it in your next post if you like)

To Diegoyayi: Wow...that was a long post. Excellent job with that. I'm very impressed. The way you wrote out the battle with Pikachu VS 10 Caterpies was very interesting, and I especially liked how Pikachu didn't actually beat all of them, but still put up a darn good fight. Well done! Pikachu will be getting a big experience increase because of that lengthy, quality post.
    Pikachu grew to Level 10!
    Pikachu learned Thunder Wave!

Both of you, Trainer Kat and Diegoyayi, are free to post your final turns through Viridian Forest!

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • Bobby and Charmander walked cautiously through Virdian Forest. The joy of having captured a new Pokemon was replaced by fear of getting lost. So far though they had been doing well as Bobby made Charmander mark trees with his claws whenever they came to a fork.

Suddenly a girl with a ponytail holding a net and a bug box appeared in front of them. "Hi! My name's Ann! What's your name?"

"Uhhh Bobby..." Bobby said put off by overeagerness.

"OH thats a nice name, i'm a bug catcher what are you?" Ann asked.

"I'm a Pokemon trainer, if you don't mind me asking arn't most bug catchers guys?" he asked tentaltivly.

"Oh well I think bugs are cute and guys shouldnt have all the fun. Hey want to have a two-on-two battle?" She asked this while taking out a Poke Ball

"Sure but can we make it one-on-one, my Charmander's kinda of weak right now."

"Sure, go Weedle!" Ann threw out an orange hairy bug pokemon with a horn on the top of its head. Bobby sent out the newly captured Mankey. As soon as it was out Mankey sent a look at Weedle that covered it with sweat. "Your Mankey looks kind of mean..." Ann said.

Bobby had to agree but didn't say it outloud. Insted he said "Mankey use Focus Energy!" Mankey instantly looked more focused on the battle while Weedle threw out a String Shot. "Mankey Scratch away those threads. Mankey tore threw the string like a little kid opening presents on Christmas Day.

"Weedle use Poison Sting!" Weedle suddenly jabbed at Mankey with its horn. It managed to stab Mankey's arm. Suddenly Mankey looked very sick and looked weak. "Ha ha ha" Ann cried, "Your Mankey has been poisoned!"

"Mankey come over here!" Bobby yelled while rummaging through his pack. "Yes! I found an Antidote!" Mankey came over and recieved the medicien then gave the Weddle a smirk. "Lets finish this Mankey, Scratch!" Mankey Scratched the Weedle so hard that it went flying. "Allright Mankey!" Bobby yelled

"Oh I lost..." Ann said deflated. "Oh well it was still fun!"

'Wow, now that's what I call a mood swing..." Bobby thought. Bobby said good-bye to Ann and he and Mankey continued through the maze.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Zimvee: I have updated your Stats from your post man. You can post your 2nd Viridian Forest turn now.
    Mankey grew to Level 6!

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • Before Jack could continue on, Weedle turned his head towards the sky and released a spray of silk. The stream reached approximately a foot above Weedle's head before splitting into thinner threads that fell back upon the hairy Pokémon. Unsure of what else to do, Jack placed Weedle back on the ground. He watched as the silk covered Weedle, enveloping him in a cocoon of silk. In fact, the string shot didn't stop until there were at least five layers of silk around the Pokémon. Now, Weedle had a different appearance. Instead of being tan and segmented, with two horns, one on either end, it appeared to be a shell with eyes. Reluctantly, Jack reached down, wrapping his hands around the Pokémon. It was hard to the touch, but smooth as well, as if he was holding a precious gem. As he lifted it, it made no noise, only stared out at him through threatening eyes. Tucking the immobile Pokémon under one arm, he reached into his back pocket and withdrew his Pokédex, aiming it at the cocoon. The female voice spoke, her tone mechanical and unemotional, despite the small fluctuations at various points in her sentence.

Kakuna. The cocoon Pokémon. While awaiting evolution, it hides from predators under leaves and in nooks of branches.

"Kakuna, huh? So, since you're pretty useless in this stage, I'll bet your next form is awesome, right?" If he didn't know better, Jack would swear that he saw a small twinkle in Kakuna's left eye. One thing that he was sure of, however, was that Kakuna emitted a small noise that could only be described as a grunt. While Kakuna would most likely be better suited for his Pokéball, Jack tucked the Pokémon under his arm, face down. It was fairly light, which was surprising, especially considering how tough the Pokémon's skin felt. The thought that Kakuna knew his way around the forest did occur to Jack, but at this point, it was far too late - even if he did know the way out, Kakuna wouldn't be able to do anything about it. He couldn't even give verbal directions, let alone actually lead the way. Instead, Kakuna remained tucked firmly under his arm. Jack supposed he did look rather silly, with an Eevee atop his left shoulder, and Kakuna under his right arm, but the practicality of having both out seemed to far outweigh the humiliation he might face. Besides, he certainly didn't care what a handful of pre-pubescent bug catchers thought of him.

Once more, Jack tackled the forest paths. Several times, he found himself in a region where no sun shone. Here, it was near impossible to see, and he had to blindly stumble underneath the trees. He did not emerge from these areas unscathed, and found himself with several bruises to match the lump on his forehead from yesterday. He was forced to traverse several patches of mud. In one such patch, Kakuna slipped free from his grasp, landing face-down in the mud. Of course, he wasn't there for very long - Jack was quick to retrieve his Pokémon and wipe him clean, instead transferring the mud onto his pant leg. Before long, he reached a crossroads. One path appeared slightly more pleasant than the other, which was laden with mud. Looking down, he didn't feel his already mud-caked jeans could take any more abuse. Before he could make up his mind, however, a redhead emerged seemingly out of nowhere. With a tight, white Oxford top, short blue plaid skirt, white kneesocks, and black shoes, along with a matching blue ribbon in her hair, her presence alone caused Jack's jaw to drop.

"Your Eevee's so cute!" she giggled, bounding towards Jack, reaching up and petting the evolution Pokémon. Eevee leaned into her hand, rubbing her cheek against the girl's fingernails. "I bet she's really strong, too!" At this, she looked to Jack, a smile spreading across his face. Her perfume smelled nice, causing Jack to grin back.

"Nah, she kinda sucks." Eevee's ears lowered, and she gave Jack the most disheartened look he'd ever seen a Pokémon give. The girl, too, frowned.

"Oh, well that's too bad! I was going to fight you, but since your Pokémon's weak, it won't be a challenge." Jack shook his head, thrusting the Kakuna towards her.

"Nah, Eevee may not be very strong, but this little guy, he's something else! I just caught him an hour ago, and he's already evolved!" The grin on his face was adorably goofy, and it was likely what had caused Mia to hurl herself into Jack's arms. However, it gave one thing away - he had no idea that bug Pokémon were quick to evolve.

"Well then! What do you say to a one on one?" Looking down, she noticed the mud caked on Jack's pants. "If you win, I'll show you the way out!" The offer was too much for Jack to resist.

"You've got yourself a deal, um..." He paused, prompting her to give him her name.

"Celeste. Now, let's get on with it. Go, Rattata!" She flung her Pokéball, calling forth a small purple rat. Its front teeth hung low below its chin, and its nose wrinkled in a display of anger. In response, Jack lowered Kakuna to the ground. He could only hope that his Pokémon was strong enough to defeat Rattata...somehow, Kakuna had to gain enough experience to transform into its next stage, and if it couldn't even beat a Rattata...well...it may never see that third stage. Suddenly, it hit Jack that he wasn't even sure what a Kakuna could do...hopefully, his moves as a Weedle carried over to his next stage. It was worth a shot, at least.

"Kakuna, use Poison Sting!" Though it didn't have a means of physically striking the opponent, it was possible that it had one way of making the attack work. A barrage of poison-charged needles, perhaps. Unfortunately, there was no response. Instead, Rattata took the opportunity to attack, slamming its body against Kakuna. The cocoon Pokémon was sent flying into Jack's arms, who quickly returned his Pokémon to the ground. "H-How about a String Shot?" Jack stammered. Kakuna failed to respond once more, and once more, it was struck. Jack was unsure what to do - both attacks that Kakuna had known as a Weedle were now useless.

"I thought you said your Pokémon was tough! Now, time to finish it. Rattata!" The Rattata bared its fangs, launching its body towards Kakuna.

"Kakuna!" Jack closed his eyes as he called out to his Pokémon. Kakuna glared at the enemy Rattata, and all of a sudden, his body seemed to gleam in what little sun there was. As Rattata clamped its jaw down on Kakuna's body, it froze. Seconds seemed like an eternity. Finally, Rattata's teeth cracked, causing it to release the cocoon Pokémon as it stumbled backwards toward its trainer. Immediately, she recalled him, giving Jack an angry look.

"That wasn't supposed to happen!" she whined. "Alright, I did promise, didn't I? Grab your Pokémon, we're almost at the gatehouse."

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • Bobby and Mankey walked down the grassy path, looking for food. Suddenly the noticed yellow bolts of electricity a little farther up a head. "I wonder what those could be..." Bobby mumbled.

Soon Bobby and Mankey stumbled upon an apple tree with the apples gleaming in the faint sunlight. Mankey was preparing to jump onto the tree to knock some down until Bobby said "Hey, I have a great training idea! Mankey use Low Kick on the tree and knock the apples off!"

"Mankeeeeey!" Mankey cried as it kicked the tree until all the apples fell off.

"Now Chamander, use Scratch to slice up the falling apples!" Bobby cried while releasing Charmander in a blinding white light.

"Mannnnder!" Charmander yelled as it sliced the apples into bite size sizes.

"Allright good job to the both of you! Lets eat!" Bobby said with his mouth already full of apple. Charmander and Mankey quickly followed suit. After they had eaten, Bobby took the reamaing three apples in his pack. "We'll keep these for later." Bobby said cheerfully as the food had filled him up.

As they started to walk out of the glade about 10 Caterpie came crawling in looking injured, hungry, and really angry. "Uh hi guys!" Bobby said with a smile. Suddenly they attacked Bobby, specificly at his pack. They quickly knocked it off and opened it. Inside they found the three apples Bobby saved.

As soon as the Caterpie saw them they turned and gave Bobby evil looks. "Hey obviously we have taken your food, so you know what you can have those apples." Boby said trying to talk his way out of the trouble he had unknowingly caused.

Unfortunatly, the Caterpie were inconsolable, and started to attack Bobby and his Pokemon. Bobby knew Charmander's Ember could have easily taken them out, but most of them looked injured enough.

Soon Bobby, Mankey, and Charmander were roped together by the Caterpie's String Shot. Bobby noticed that the Caterpie were moving the apples Bobby had gathered and were rolling them towards a very sick looking Caterpie. The Caterpie had burns that looked like it had been playing aroung an electrical outlet. The Caterpie seemed too weak to eat the apples though.

"Hey! Hey!" Bobby started to shout. "Hey I can help your friend get better!" The Caterpie just ignored Bobby, one even spat more string at him. "No really I have medicine! I'll go by myself if you want." The Caterpie hudled together like they were a football team. They sent three over and ate the silk off Bobby.

Bobby got up and went to his pack and got out a Potion, went over and sprayed on the injured Caterpie. Almost instanly the Caterpie went up and started eating the apples. All the Caterpie started jumping as high as they could (which wasn't very high) for joy.

Bobby laughed as he watched them celebrate. The Caterpie quickly released Charmander and Mankey. One then went into a hole in the tree and brought out a disk shaped object that said TM 23. "Wow..." Bobby said as he gazed at the shining disk in wonder. "Is this for me?" he asked. The Caterpie nodded their heads. "Thank you Caterpie." Bobby said and with that they started walking out of the glade.

They had gone no more then 20 feet when Bobby tripped and found his legs were covered with string. "Wha..." Bobby said before the injured Caterpie dropped from above right on his lap. "Whoa!" Bobby cried out startled. Then the Caterpie used its String Shot to grab one of Bobby's Poke Balls it sucked itself inside.

"Uhh, I guess we have a new friend..." Bobby said shocked, but happy to Charmander and Mankey. "You're a rash little fella arn't you?" Bobby said to the Poke Ball now holding Caterpie. Putting the ball on his belt, Bobby, Charmander, and Mankey walked on nearing the end of Virdian Forest.

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
    Years
  • After a couple of minutes of sitting down and resting, Derek and Pikachu decided they had to leave Viridian Forest now. They both shrugged, took a deep breath and stood up at the same time and stared around, trying to make sure there wasn't any other Pokemon or Trainer around. "The sooner we get out of here, the sooner you will be able to rest at the Pokemon Center in Pewter City" Derek said as he stared at his tired comrade.

"Pi-Ka!" Pikachu exclaimed very happily, leaving a short silence between the two syllables. He smiled as he stared back at Derek, then turned his small head to the front, watching the path carefully. Small blue and yellow sparks came out of his cheeks every once in a while.

After some minutes of walking and getting closer and closer to the gatehouse on the exit. Derek and Pikachu started taking and smaller and more careful steps. It would be really unfortunate for him if a Pokemon attacked him when he was only some inches away from the exit...

"Butterfree, Poisonpowder!" A voice in a short distance called. As soon as he heard this, Derek and Pikachu closed their eyes, took their hands to their heads and launched themselves to the ground to take cover on a fallen log.
    "Pika!" Pikachu exclaimed scared as he expected a purple powder to sprinkle on him at any moment. The pair opened their eyes slowly, though, when they noticed no Butterfree or Poisonpowder attacks nearby.

"Where'd that voice come from..." Derek whispered to Pikachu, who responded with a shrug. Derek peeked his head up from the log to see a Butterfree with purple dust on its wings flying in a short distance. ~Looks like a battle..~ Derek thought with a mischievous grin as he walked towards the Buterfree.

As soon as he got there, he bent his knees to hide on a bush and see the battle that was on course. It was a Trainer Battle. One of the Trainers, the one with Butterfree, was really tall and skinny. He had blue hair, glasses, a green shirt and blue shorts. On his hand he held a bug catching net, however, this was a lot bigger than the one Bug Catchers had. He also had a very evil grin on his face.

On the other side was a very young boy, probably one that started his Trainer adventure the first day his age allowed him to. He was wearing a baseball cap, a thick jacket and shorts. He seemed extremely scared and sad; on the edge of crying. His Pokemon was an orange dog-like one with black stripes. That Pokemon now laid down on the ground aching with poison. "Lithe.." The Pokemon yelped as he was about to faint.

Derek recorded information on the two Pokemon. Butterfree and Growlithe.

"Looks like this battle is going to end really soon..." Derek said as he stared at Growlithe. Yeah, he didn't like to see the kid cry because of his loss, but he had been given a Pokemon for something, and knew that he wouldn't become stronger if he helped him. Derek turned back and started to walk away slowly, but something caused him to interfere with the battle.

The Bug Maniac approached the kid, who had by now given up because he didn't want his Growlithe to be hurt. "Now I won! Give me all your money and items!" The Bug Maniac said.... Maniacally as he placed his hand on the kid's backpack and violently ripped it out from its straps. "No, please!" The kid said as he fell to his knees when his backpack was taken away. "Shut up! I won!" The Maniac said as he started to empty the things and money from the kids backpack to his own.

"That's it, pal! Leave the boy alone!" Derek yelled angry as he jumped over the bush and walked towards the Trainer. The Butterfree then positioned himself in between Derek and the Trainer and flapped its wings violently. "Prf, are you gonna try to stop me?"

Derek froze at this statement.Pikachu was too hurt like to battle, and just about as he was going to walk away scared, he remembered Mankey, who was fully healed. He knew he would have a severe disadvantage on the Butterfree. This was, though, better than just giving up.

"...Y...Yes! Go, Mankey!" Derek yelped as he took his hand to his belt to release the fighting Pokemon. "Key!" Mankey exclaimed as he came out of his Pokeball. He examined the surroundings, then focused on Butterfree, staring at its compound eyes. Derek knew that Mankey got extremely angry if you stared at it with your two eyes, now imagine what he felt when he stared into a billion eyes.

"Oh, a fighting type! I'm so scared!" The Bug Maniac joked as he pointed at Mankey. "Butterfree, Confusion!"

After the statement, Butterfree's eyes started to glow with in a blue color. Out of nowhere, Mankey was blasted away into a tree, creating a large dent on it. "Man..." Mankey murmured in pain as he stood up. "Scratch!" Derek now ordered, but as Mankey launched itself to Butterfree to attack, the insect flew up to avoid the hit.

And so the battle when on and on for minutes. Derek knew Butterfree had been weakened from his last battle with the kid, but that was of now use if Derek couldn't connect a hit. Meanwhile, Mankey struggled more and more as he was launched to nearby rocks, trees, and the ground over and over.

As he was about to give up, Derek decided to use what was probably going to be his last move. "Mankey, Focus Energy" Derek thought it might not be a god idea to call for that attack at the moment, but he was positive that Mankey wasn't going to be able to take another hit. If Mankey fainted, anyway, a tired Pikachu was left.

Mankey then stood up and closed his fists. He turned a bright red color as all of his muscles seemed to be growing. "Huh? What's going on!? Butterfree, use confusion again before he strikes!"

Butterfree used Confusion on Mankey, scoring a critical hit and therefore activating Anger Point. Mankey didn't seem affected by the move this time. His feet were so firmly placed on the ground they seemed to be rooted. "Maaaaan.... Key!!!" Mankey yelled as he jump ridiculously high and towards Butterfree.

Butterfree tried to fly up and avoid the hit, but it didn't manage to do so; for Mankey jumped too high. On mid-air, Mankey grabbed Butterfree by the head with his left arm, then swung his right arm into the bug's face, landing a boosted, critical hit scratch. Butterfree was hit so hard that he was launched to ground and bounced when it made contact.

Mankey then fell to the ground too, struggling to recover his breath. He was very tired now, but nevertheless had he won. "Good Job, Mankey, come back."

The Bug Maniac called Buttefree back too, then ran away and vanished into the woods, dropping the kids bag on the way. Derek smiled as he turned to the kid, who was on his knees next to his Growlithe. "Help... Please... My Growlithe is poisoned. He's gonna get very ill if I don't heal him now, but that evil man stole my Antidotes.. Please." The kid said as he looked up at Derek, then burst into tears.

Derek didn't know what to do. He didn't know how to attend a Poisoned Pokemon. "Umm.. I.. I don't... Eh.. Oh, I know!"

Derek pulled over to his own backpack to pull out one of the antidotes he had found back at Route 1. "This will do the trick!" He said happily as he applied all of the medicine on to Growlithe.
    "Thanks, sir!" The kid yelled happily as he stood up and started jumping up and down. Growlithe was fatigued from the battle, but at least now that he wasn't poisoned he would be allowed to recover.

"I don't have much to offer, but I want you to have this..." The kid said as he stared into his broken backpack. "I don't know what this is, but I'm guessing it'll be useful. As the kid finished saying this, he pulled out a brown CD with a 31 scripted into it. "Now, I have to leave. Thanks again!"

The kid called Growlithe to his Pokeball, then ran away. "Umm... OK" Derek said as he stared at the disc. He shrugged as he put it in his bag, then turned back to the main path.

In no time, the tired pair reached the gatehouse, and they couldn't wait anymore before they left the woods..

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Trainer Kat: Haha. Great post with Kakuna, and the relationship between Jack and Eevee is awesome as always. The descriptions you give are coming along very nicely, and I'm glad that you don't use dialogue to drive your posts. Excellent work. Now, although Kakuna's battle wasn't very long, the content before the battle took place was long and of high quality. So...
    Kakuna grew to Level 10!
    What!? Kakuna is evolving!? Will you allow the process to continue?
    You have made it out of Viridian Forest! You can continue your Journey as soon as I post up the next section.

To Zimvee: That was a good post you have there. I only have one issue with it. You claimed to have found TM23 AND captured a Caterpie. I'm sorry, but you can only do one of those things per post. You have a good one there and I wouldn't want to waste it. I'm going to assume you want the Caterpie instead and I'll update your stats. You can post up your third Viridian Forest turn whenever you are ready!
    Congratulations, you caught Caterpie!
    Oh, and because you used a Potion to heal one of them, I'm going to give you a bonus Level up for the captured Pokemon!

To Diegoyayi: That was a great post there, and sufficiently detailed enough for you to earn your TM31! Also, I'm glad that Derek didn't just "stumble" across it. It was good that you had it given to him in a realistic way. Excellent work man. You can post again as soon as I put up the next section!

To All: Don't forget to update your Trainer Cards!

Chapter 5
    -Pewter City-

OOC: Okay guys, it is going to be a bit different here in Pewter City. Obviously, this is where the first Gym Leader, Brock, is located, so we will have to deal with that. Also, we are introducing three new Characters as well (one controlled by me who, don't worry, will not be very powerful and is mainly going to be used to help move the story along as certain points).

So, the way this is going to work is that everyone is going to get a chance to fight Brock, no questions asked as well as be able to go around Pewter City and do whatever the heck they want (Pokemon Center, shopping, etc). That second part (the shopping, etc) is going to work just like it did in Viridian City, so don't worry about that.

The Gym Battle, though, will work like this: Basically, you will RP a battle with the Gym Leader, Brock (entering the Gym, meeting him, etc.) . After a relatively long post, you can eventually defeat him. Obvisiously, EVERY Pokemon that took part in the battle will get experience. BUT you can only use as many Pokemon as the Gym Leader has (so two in Brock's case). This Gym Leader will be RP'd as a single battle.

This means that, if you RP this post really well and make it long, you can gain 3+ Levels for every single Pokemon that took part in the battle! WOOHOO! Also, if I think you did exceptionally well, I will give you a Rare Candy.

Oh, and when you win, just make sure you get the TM and the Badge from him. Otherwise, you wasted your time.

In closing, you will have a total of TWO posts in this Chapter. One doing whatever you want around the city (remember though, no Training or battling of any kind), and another fighting Brock. If you have any questions with the OOC Thread (the new one).
    Level Cap: 14

Description

Also known as the Stone Grey City, Pewter City is quite a sight to behold. Almost every single building in the large city is made of stones or boulders, leaving it with a very grey coloring.
    The towsnpeople are tough, but friendly, however they will not help you if you do not try to help yourself.
    Be sure the visit the Pokemon Gym, home to Brock, as well as the Museum of Science!

Areas of Interest
    Pokemon Center: A large white building with a red roof. This place houses a Nurse Joy and several Chanseys intent on healing your Pokemon for free overnight. What a deal!

PokeMart: The local stop-and-shop for Pokemon Trainers. It doesn't have a heck of a lot of supplies, but it does have the basics.

Item List: Pokeballs, Antidote, Awakening, Burn Heal, Paralyz Heal, Potion, Repel

Pokemon Gym: See Brock for more information.

Pewter Museum of Science: This is home to a Moon Stone, which fell to earth man years ago. The place also houses many rare Pokemon fossils which are all kept under tight security. There are also many other interesting attractions inside.

BROCK

Description
    Brock, known as the rock solid Pokemon Trainer, has two Rock-type Pokemon at his disposal. His style in battle is fairly straightforward, but he also likes to let his opponent wear themself down on his Pokemons' tough armor and then come in for the crushing blow.
    He has been a Gym Leader for a few years now and certainly has the experience required to be an expert Trainer. People who defeat him in battle, however, instantly earn his respect.

Pokemon
    Geodude

Level:10
    Type: Rock/Ground
    Ability: Sturdy
    Attacks: Tackle, Defense Curl
    Nature: Impish

Onix

Level: 12

Type: Rock/Ground
    Ability: Sturdy
    Attacks: Tackle, Bind, Rock Tomb
    Nature: Brave

Rewards
    TM39: Rock Tomb​

Boulder Badge

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • Bobby, Mankey, and Charmander slowly headed towards the exit of Virdian Forest. They had taken a wrong turn which resulted in them crawling through bushes and close trees. 'Man this is taking forever...' thought Bobby. He knew he couldn't say that outloud, in fear of decreasing his teams moral.

'Too bad we don't have someone up in the trees to be our look out...' thought Bobby. Suddenly Bobby's face brightened like a Chrismas Tree. "Go Caterpie!" Bobby yelled and the newest edition popped out of her Poke Ball. "Caterpie, will you go up to the top of the tree and tell us how far we have to go?"

Caterpie nodded and used its String Shot to climb up the tree. When Caterpie got to the top, she saw that they had about a mile to go.

All of a sudden a Pidgeotto swooped down and grabbed Caterpie in its talons. "Caterpie!" Bobby yelled as he watched this confrontation. "Use String Shot on the talons!" Caterpie complied which resulted in the bird loosing its grip on Caterpie. Caterpie then used String Shot to swing to safety.

Unfortunatly, the Pidgeotto didn't give up easily. It came down using Gust managing to knock both Mankey and Charmander out against a couple of trees. Bobby only just managed to catch Caterpie.

"Caterpie, use your string shot to swing around the tree!" Bobby yelled against the wind. Caterpie obayed managing to get behing Pidgeotto. "Now, use that speed for your tackle!" A direct hit as Pidgeotto went crashing to the ground.

"Now use string shot to grab it talons and swing it around!" Caterpie followed orders and swung the bird around like it was at the tea cup ride at Disneyland. "Now release!" Bobby cried and Caterpie threw the Pidgeotto so far that they had to run to see where it went.

When they finaly caught up to it they saw Pidgeotto passed out and trapped. Bobby sighed and released the bird. He then noticed that they were at the edge of the forest. Returning everyone to their respective Poke Ball, Bobby walked out into the blazing sunlight.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Zimvee: Good post there, man. Your battle scene was very creative and, even though the post itself was pretty short, I'm going to give Caterpie inreased experience, seeing as though it won under extreme conditions.
    Caterpie grew to Level 7!
    What!? Caterpie is evolving! Will you allow the process to continue?

To All: Everyone can start posting in Pewter City now, whenever they like. Just be sure to read all the OOC stuff I posted up before-hand. Thanks!

Last edited:

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • OOC : I managed to type up a quickie so as not to hold up the RP! Sorry for the shortness.

(I'll squeeze the Pokemon Center visit and Brock's battle into the next post, or edit this one tomorrow)

IC :

"Tackle!"A young girl's voice called out.

The blue coloured being responded with lightning fast reflexes, slamming hard against its opponent. The collision causing the enemy to fly back a good few feet, it landed on the forest ground with discomfort.

"Kakunaaaa…"

The weak cry resounded throughout the forest, its owner plummeted onto the grassy floor no sooner than it had released the sound. The worn out Kakuna wriggled in defeat, as a large figure towered over its tiny frame. Adeltruant held a smirk on her face, nodding approvingly towards the creature that had claimed a snug space in her arms. Squirtle beamed at her new trainer, her elegant blue tail wagging with delight at her trainer's happiness, though the Pokemon was slightly tired from all that rigorous training, she was nevertheless an eager (albeit silent) little turtle.

"That was incredible, Squirtle!"Adel cooed at her new Water type, hugging it tightly.

As they duo distanced themselves from the defeated Kakuna, they continued their trek towards the gatehouse that linked Viridian Forest to Pewter City. The girl had been late to receive her assigned Pocket Monster from the Professor in Pallet Town because her mother had caught her as she attempted to sneak out of their quaint house, harshly reprimanded her for even entertaining the idea of getting a Pokemon and gallivanting around like "a barbarian with her stray Growlithe". After being forced back into the house, she had to pine away time until Missus Haert's attention wandered to somewhere else. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case until a few hours later, when Leighton rang the house for a chat with his lovely mother. Adel had to maneuver her way from the back window of the premises to the front while being incredibly discreet, which really didn't sound all that easy. The girl was grateful to the Professor for allowing her to obtain a Pokemon despite her obvious lateness.

"You managed to defeat so many Pokemon on our way over here, I'm really impressed!"Adel complimented the Water type once more as the gatehouse appeared in the distance. The girl tilted her head to the side a slight bit, as the people gathered near the gatehouse grew more and more detailed as she closed the space between them and herself. She noted a boy and his Pikachu, another male with dark hair and yet another young trainer. However, he was accompanied with a girl with red hair, a Kakuna and an Eevee.

She slowly approached the whole group of them, unsure if they were trainers on the lookout for a battle. Pewter City was looming overhead and Adeltruant deduced that a couple more battles to train wouldn't do much harm. A Gym Leader wasn't someone you could underestimate after all. However, upon reaching the gatehouse, she could see that most of them looked tired and exhausted from the rigorous walk through Viridian Forest. It was understandable; Adel suddenly noticed that she herself was panting quite a bit as beads of sweat rolled down her forehead.

The young female silently berated herself for being so forgetful. She released Squirtle from her grip, making sure she had landed on the ground safely before rolling up the sleeves of her long shirt. Adel let her mind wander as she did so, deciding that it would be best to let her new companion get healed at the Pokemon Center of Pewter before making any further decisions. Squirtle patiently stayed at her side through it all, hugging her trainer's right leg affectionately as her eyes lingered to the other Pokemon, a spark of interest igniting in the turtle's eyes.

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • As Bobby walked out of Virdian Forest and into Pewter City Caterpie's Poke Ball started shaking violently. "What?" Bobby said in confusion and quickly released Caterpie to see what was the problem. As soon as she was out, Caterpie started shooting silk up into the air and letting them land on top of her. Bobby looked on in confusion as the silk started incasing Caterpie. And just like it had started, it stopped just like that. In Caterpie's place was a green cacoon that had sad looking eyes and a nose like Pinocchio's. Bobby took out his Pokedex and pointed it at the cocoon. "Metapod, the Cacoon Pokemon," said the cool female voice, " A steel-hard shell protects its tender body. It quietly endures hardships while awaiting evolution."

"Allright Cater... I mean Metapod, you evolved!" Bobby said excitedly. "Lets go!" Bobby started walking, but Metapod didn't move. "Uh come on Metapod!" Bobby said trying to get moving again, but Metapod stayed there. "Guess you can't move..." Bobby said disappointed. Metapod was returned to her Pokeball and Bobby made his way to the Pokemon Center.

Bobby handed over the three Pokeballs that contained Charmander, Mankey, and the newly evolved Metapod. "You look hungry," the Nurse said, "You can go eat while i heal your Pokemon." Bobby didn't need told twice and took off to the cafeteria.

When he was done eating and got his Pokemon back, the Nurse told him that there was a Gym here, so Bobby went to go have a look. "Wow!" Bobby said, amazed that the Gym was so big. He entered and saw a man wearing a gray shirt with a pumpkin orange collar.

"Hello!" said the man with a deep voice. "My name is Brock, and I am the Gym Leader of Pewter City!"

"Hi..." Bobby said shyly, "I'm here for a Gym Battle?"

"Excellent! I haven't had a battle for a while. Lets say two Pokemon each?"

"O-ok!" Bobby said nervously. He was shaking like he had stage fright.

"Here's my Pokemon. Go Geodude!" Brock sent out what basically was a rock with arms.

'A rock pokemon,' Bobby thought. 'Only Mankey can take down rock types...' Suddenly Metapod's Pokeball started shaking again, and this time she forced herself out. "Metapod what are you doing?!" Bobby yelled.

"A Metapod eh? Interesting choice..." Brock muttered

"What! NO I don't want Metapod out!" Bobby cried. Metapod on the other had looked at Bobby and had a brave look in her eye. Bobby knew that Metapod wanted to fight. "Allright Metapod... Go!" Bobby cried accepting the turn of events.

"Geodude lets start off with a Tackle!" Brock ordered. "Dude Geodude." Geodude cried as it raced towards Metapod.

"Metapod use Harden!" Bobby yelled and Metapod quickly became steel hard. "Geodude!" Geodude cried out in pain as it hit the hardened cacoon pokemon.

"Geodude!" Brock yelled, "Go for another Tackle!"

Bobby saw this coming and said "Metapod use String Shot to get away!" Metapod complied and used the silk like a tether line.

"Geodude chase after it!" Geodude chased Metapod around the Gym, but Bobby saw that the hit it had taken from using Tackle on a hardened Metapod really wore it out.

"Allright Metapod, use that speed you have and Tackle!" Metapod spun around and directly hit Geodude.

"Ha! You should know that Normal Type moves are useless against Rock Pokemon!" Brock called out confidently. All of a sudden Geodude came crashing down. "Geodude! What happened?" Brock asked confused.

"When Geodude attacked Metapod while it was hardened, the hardness mangaged to hurt him." Bobby told Brock, "Also the speed Metapod gained helped give the tackle a critical-hit.

"Darn..." Brock said "Beaten by a Bug-Pokemon... But now you have to face Onix! Brock threw out his second pokemon a giant snake made out of rock.

"Gulp..." Bobby said intimidated by the giant pokemon. "Metapod good job return!" A beam of cherry red light shot out of Metapod's Pokeball and hit Metapod, transporting back into the ball. "Allright, Mankey lets go!" Bobby threw out his second Pokemon and Mankey looked ready for a fight.

"A Mankey good choice. Fighting Pokemon have an advantage over Rock Pokemon..." Brock said, "But I still won't let you win! Onix use Tackle!"

"Mankey jump up on top of Onix!" Bobby commanded, but Brock snickered at that.

"I knew you were going to do that, Onix use Bind now!" Onix quickly wrapped its entire body around Mankey, keeping him from moving.

"Mankey!" Bobby cried. "Use Scratch!" Mankey started scratching like crazy, but it didn't seem to do anything against Onix.

"Ha ha!" Brock laughed "Your Mankey's Scratch is nothing to Onix's defence!"

'What to do...?' Bobby wondered as Mankey tried helplessly to get away. 'Wait, I have an idea!' "Mankey use leer!" Bobby yelled. Mankey looked astonished but used leer anyway.

"What good will that do you? Onix just give it a staring contest." Brock said lossing intrest in the battle. Onix looked right into Mankey's leer.

"Mankey!" Bobby suddenly cried out. "Use Scratch on Onix's eyes!" Mankey used scratch on Onix's eyes and Onix let go of Mankey in pain.

"What?!" Brock cried out, angry for being fooled.

"Mankey use a Low Kick!" Mankey made quick work of the order bringing Onix down. "Again!" Bobby commanded.

"Oooonix...." Onix cried out in pain, then faded into unconscious, "My Onix!" cried out Brock in shock.

"Looks like I won!' Bobby exclaimed happily.

"Looks like you did. While I don't like lossing that was a good match! You have my respect and the Boulder Badge and TM 39." Brock said.

"Thank you!" Bobby excepted his gifts and walked out of the Gym and back to the Pokemon Center.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Ibuberu: Great first introductory first! I like how you explained why your character isn't appearing until now. Oh, and because of the quality of your post:
    You've earned a Rare Candy!

To Zimvee: Good post there bud! Here are your results:
    Mankey grew to Level 8!
    Caterpie evolved into Metapod!
    Metapod learned Harden!
    Metapod grew to Level 9!
    You earned TM39!
    You earned the Boulder Badge!
    Don't forget to update your Trainer Card man. Other than that, you just have to wait for everyone else to fight Brock now! Nice work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    IC:
    "Let's try Vine Whip, Bulbasaur!" The Pokemon Trainer commanded.

Instantly, the green four-legged creature charged at its opponent to get within range. The wild Pokemon, however, was the fastest opponent the duo had seen yet, by far. The small red and brown Flying-type Pokemon handily dodged the green vine which Sean's Grass-type shot out from its bulb. Flying high and out of range, to Trainer and his Pokemon watched and waited, hoping for Spearow to make a mistake.

This wasn't the case though, as the speedy Pokemon then launched itself downwards toward Bulbasaur. Instinctively, the Pokemon quickly jumped to the side to avoid the peck attack. It was not quick enough, however, as the bird Pokemon smashed into it hard with its beak, sending Bulbasaur sprawling backwards. Slowly staggering to its feet after the powerful attack, the four-legged Pokemon slowly began to recover its energy.

"Watch out! It's attack again!" Sean Florian commanded to his starter Pokemon.

Listening to its Trainer, but not having enough energy to perform a full-body dodge of the newly charging Spearow, Bulbasaur unleashed a growl attack.

"BULBA!" It shouted loudly with its raspy voice.

Spearow, completely taken aback by the attack, slowed down dramatically from its previous speed. It still made contact with Bulbasaur, but the damage it would have done was reduced. Still hit with the attack, though, Bulbasaur was knocked into a nearby tree as Spearow flew high into the air, circling around for yet another peck attack to finish off its weakened opponent.

"When it comes back, Bulbasaur, I need you to put all your energy into a last-second dodge. Can you do that for me?" Sean asked of his Pokemon, hoping it would obey.

Giving a slight nod of its head to its Trainer, Bulbasaur then refocused its gaze on its charging foe. Spearow was coming in fast. Much faster than it had previously and it seemed like, in no time, it was ready to strike yet again.

"NOW!" Sean shouted.

Reacting to its Trainer's command, Bulbasaur used its remaining strength to roll off to the side as quickly as possible. The plan had worked perfectly, with Spearow's peck attack barely grazing its target, and instead smashing into the tree which had been directly behind the Grass-type Pokemon. The bird Pokemon hit hard and, as it slowly staggered to its feet, flew off lopsidedly as quickly as possible, realizing it had been defeated.

Bulbasaur, having used up the last of its energy, collapsed on to the ground as it lay on its belly upon the soft grass, with its legs sticking out on all sides. Its eyelids drooped lazily as Sean ran over to check on his battle-weary Pokemon.
    "You okay buddy?" He asked, petting the green Pokemon's head.

"Saur…" It managed to murmur.

Sean realized what he needed to do. Returning the Grass-type Pokemon into its Pokeball, he then ran off down the hill he and Bulbasaur had just barely crested, as the great majesty that was PewterCity came into sight. The two of them had left Pallet down only a day prior. Sean had been VERY late for his Pokemon appointment with Professor Oak. The old man though, had been very forgiving and had held on to the Pokemon Sean had requested.

Now, since having left PalletTown and traveled through Route 1, ViridianCity, Route 2 and finally ViridianForest, the pair had finally made their way to PewterCity, where their first Gym Challenge awaited!

"I can't wait to battle Brock!" Sean Florian exclaimed aloud as he continued running towards the city, and a PokemonCenter to heal his companion.

After a few minutes, and a lot of energy expended, Sean had arrived to the large, modern-looking building. He handed over Bulbasaur, and the Nurse informed him that the Pokemon would be healed by morning. After offering Sean to stay at the PokemonCenter for the night (with free food!), the Trainer gladly accepted, falling to sleep not long after gorging himself on a large meal. It had been more than a day since he had eaten!

Sean Florian was asleep before he hit the bed…

Trainer Kat

→ voodoo jungle d r u m s;;
    Years
  • "K-Kakuna..?" Jack had bent to pick up his Pokémon, but before his fingers could graze its skin, it became engulfed in a radiant white light. A long, gleaming crack began to run across what could only be interpreted as its back. As the cocoon split apart, two beautiful, diaphanous wings emerged. Slowly, they unfurled, and began to flap mechanically, slowly lifting the rest of the creature out of its shell. A slender, wasp-like body followed the wings, its yellow and black stripes alternating in the gleaming light. Its head was round, two flickering crimson eyes on either side of its face. The most conspicuous thing about this beast was the dual prongs on its forearms. They were about twice as long as the one that protruded from its abdomen, and equally as thick. Jack could only gape as the Pokémon hovered above the empty shell that had once been his Kakuna. It said nothing, only glowered back at its owner. Instinctively, Jack reached into his back pocket and extracted the red Pokédex, aiming it directly at the newcomer.

"Beedrill. The Poison Bee Pokémon. Its best attack involves flying around at high speed, striking with poison needles, then flying off."

"Beedrill…huh…" Jack stared up at the bug Pokémon, eyes twinkling with excitement. "So…you…you're my Pokémon?" The Pokémon slowly nodded, still glaring intensely at Jack. Without warning, it launched itself towards the brunette, whose eyes immediately filled with fear. Contrary to what he had initially thought, Beedrill flung his arms around Jack's waist, nearly knocking Eevee off of her perch. A light chuckle escaped his lips as he wrapped his limbs around the bug's thorax, returning the small display of affection. A disgruntled Eevee lowered her ears, licking Jack's cheek in a feeble attempt to deflect his attention away from Beedrill and onto her. The response she received was not quite the one she had expected; the boy raised his arm and swatted her away. She shot him a doleful look before settling back down on his shoulder. For now, she would be quiet, but she vowed to win Jack's affection before the week was up.

"Well hey, hot stuff, since you have your Beedrill, guess you don't need me anymore, huh?" Celeste winked at Jack before planting a sly kiss on his cheek. "Maybe we'll see each other around. We both want the same thing, after all. Until then!" And just like that, the redhead disappeared within the cluster of trees. Still tightly clutching Beedrill, Jack surveyed the girl as she left. When she was out of sight, he looked to his newly evolved Pokémon. No words needed to be uttered – Beedrill simply nodded and broke free of Jack's grip, flitting towards the gatehouse. As it turned out, Celeste had been right – they were incredibly close to the exit. In fact, Jack surmised that they'd walked for less than five minutes. Upon reaching the edifice, the brunette recalled Beedrill before thrusting the door open.

"Young man! You wouldn't happen to be heading to Pewter, would you?" Jack turned, eyes meeting with a senior citizen. Graying hair topped her head, and she was clad in a frightful plaid dress. Jack peered out at her through half-closed emerald eyes.

"Yeah, I'm going there. What of it, old bag?"

"Well, I was going to encourage you to visit the Pewter Museum! They have an exhibit of rare Pokémon fossils! Rumor has it that these Pokémon could be brought back to life!" Jack's eyes widened. Ancient Pokémon being brought back to life? The thought made his spine quiver. If he could get his hand on one of those fossils, he would be set for life. There would be no one who could beat him…he would become Champion, be a true Pokémon master…keep his promise to Rem. Looking back at the old lady, he offered up his most sincere smile.

"Thanks, lady. That sounds really interesting. I'm sure I'll learn a lot." With those final, parting words, he pushed open the doors opposite the ones he had entered through, taking his final steps into Pewter city. The town before him was nothing like he'd ever seen. Virtually everything was built from stone. Humble rocks lined the path leading into the city. He figured that the Pokéballs here were probably made of stone as well. The thought made him laugh aloud (despite not being that funny), and Eevee shot him a bemused look. Jack ignored her disapproving stare, and instead crossed the boundaries into Pewter. Indeed, it was huge, or, at least, it was bigger than Viridian. Far off, in the distance, a sign hovered tentatively over a stone building, clearly the Pewter City Museum. The brunette wasted no time crossing over to the structure.

"Sir?"

No answer.

"Sir!" This time, Jack swiveled around to face the teal-haired woman who was beckoning him her way. "I'm sorry, sir, but you'll need a ticket to enter! They cost fifty dollars, so if you'd like to go inside, please pay."

"Aah…" Jack reached inside his pocket and withdrew the necessary amount of money, placing it on the counter. His cheeks were red, obviously ashamed at getting caught. And he used to be so good at breaking into buildings, too… "There you go," he said, giving her a devilish smile. She, of course, returned the gesture.

"Please, enjoy viewing the ancient Pokémon."

Jack nodded at her. The inside of the building failed to impress him like the exterior had, and it seemed that all the good stuff waited on the second floor. As he began to ascend the stairs, Eevee sunk her teeth into his neck, seemingly sensing his bad intentions.

"Ow, Eevee, what the hell?!" he exclaimed. Before she could respond with a weak noise, he grabbed her by the scruff of her neck and placed her on the wooden floor. "Stay there, and don't come looking for me. You're a rare Pokémon, so if anyone comes near you, go outside and hide in the bushes. I'm not going to cart around a Pokémon who feels it's alright to bite me whenever she pleases." With that, he continued up the stairs. The place was swarming with guards. Okay, so that was a slight exaggeration. There were only two men on patrol. Quickly, the brunette placed a hand on his neck.

"Guards!" Both men turned to face the frantic brunette. "There's a wild Eevee downstairs, and…I think it's rabid! It just bit me!" Security looked at him with disbelief, and for a moment, Jack thought he was done for. No sooner had the thought crossed his mind, then the guards rushed downstairs, Pokéballs in hand. A devious grin crossed Jack's face as he surveyed the exhibits. Most were old, stone fossils that failed to catch his eye. One, however, was different. It was a beautiful, shimmering amber hue, and the light reflected flawlessly off of its polished surface. The sign below read "Old Amber. Pokémon unknown." So, no one knew what would come from this fossil? Jack intended to be the first to find out. Stealthily, he clutched the fossil in his hands. That was the easy part. The hard part was lifting the object. His hands were dripping with perspiration, and that didn't go too well with the glossy surface. Before he could drop it, he heaved it under his shirt and raced out of the building. He was not about to waste any time. By this point, all the guards had begun to rush upstairs, thankfully, paying little attention to the wounded Jack (even though no blood had been drawn).

"Eevee!" He called, finally breathing in the fresh air. A rustle in the bushes signaled life, and, upon closer inspection, that life revealed itself to be Jack's partner in crime, albeit unknowingly. "Eevee, are you okay? I had to book it out of there, I was so worried about you!" She emitted a light squeal as she leapt onto his shoulder. She remained fully unaware of two things, the first being that he had stolen a one-of-a-kind fossil. The second? He had just pretended to worry about her. He had lied.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    OOC:
    To Trainer Kat: One word. Wow. That was on awesome post my friend. You obviously put a lot of thought and effort into it, and I must say that I'm very impressed. This is you best post yet. Anyway, keep up the good work, seriously. Oh, and I'm going to make a new Trainer Card for you, so don't worry about it. Seriously, great job. You've definitely earned the Fossil. You can fight Brock whenever you like!
    Your Kakuna evolved into Beedrill!
    Beedrill learned Fury Attack!
    You got an Old Amber!

EDIT: Never mind. I guess you made your own Trainer Card...haha. From now on, I can do it for everyone if you like. I can just base it off the ones you guys have already. Just let me know.

_Diego//

Caminaré entre las piedras
    Years
  • "This is it, Pikachu. This is... Pewter City..." Derek said as the pair slowly made their way into the large city. It was very easy notice this city was way larger than the last city they had visited; Viridian. The twosome slowly walked deeper into the city, amazed at how most of the buildings were made from the same material and how they were all really tall. In a distance, they could see the largest structure around; the Museum.

"Pika..." Pikachu said as his eyes sparkled brightly when he stared around the whole city. Pikachu had never gone out of Pallet Town, and this was something he tried to communicate to Derek when he told his story to him; so this city really impressed him.

"Yeah, It's awesome. We better get to the Pokemon Center now, right? I believe you and Mankey need some serious rest.." Derek said as he stared at his comrade and smiled. Pikachu just smiled back and nodded happily.

It wasn't long before Derek reached the Pokemon Center, which seemed like it had more technology and resources than Viridian's. The doors opened automatically and Derek took his first steps inside. He was appalled when he noticed how the nurse in that Pokemon Center was identical to the one on Viridian City. "Uh, Err... Hi again." Derek said as he approached the nurse on the front desk.

"Um, have we met?" The nurse asked confused as he stared at Derek, blushing slightly and giggling. The nurse, too, had the exact same voice tone than the one on the last Pokemon Center.
    "Uh.. Yeah, haven't we?" Derek asked confused as he scratched his head and called Pikachu to his Pokeball, deducing that like last gym, he would have to be in the Pokeball to be healed. "In Viridian City.." Derek added.

"Oh, no, no" The nurse said as she started to laugh quietly. "That was my cousin, Nure Joy from Viridan. I'm Nurse Joy from Pewter. Nice to meet you..." Nurse Joy started to say before leaving an uncomfortable silence and suggesting Derek to say his name. "Derek" He replied happily as he shook the nurse's hand.

"Well, Derek. I'm guessing you want your Pokemon healed..." She said as she stretched her hand and motioned for Derek to place the Pokeballs on her hands.The nurse smiled and nodded, then walked away to machine. She placed the Pokeballs in small sockets in the front of the machine and then turned it on.

Derek sighed, thinking that like in last Pokemon Center, the healing process would take hours. He decided to sit down so he could rest for a while. As soon as he walked over to the couch and sat down, however, Nurse Joy called him over. "That's it, your Pokemon are fully healed. Hope to see you again!"

~What?! So fast?~ Derek thought to himself confused as he stood up in no more time than 1 minute after he sat down. He stepped to the front desk to retrieve his Pokeballs, then headed out. He released Pikachu from his ball, and as always, the Pokemon hopped over to his shoulder.

"Hey, Pikachu..." Derek started saying as Pikachu stared at him. "Do you think... We could take on the Gym leader here? I believe this is the first badge to be won"

Pikachu remained silence for a while, entering in a thoughtful state. "Pika..." He replied coldly and blankly and not showing any emotion. "I think that's a yes" Derek said as the pair walked over to the largest structure in the city.

As soon as the walked in, a shadow in a distance welcomed them with a cold voice. "Welcome..."

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    IC:
    After slowly opening his eyes, Sean sat up in his rather flat bed. It was a bit uncomfortable, but then he remembered that he had spent the night for free. Throwing the complaint from his mind, he got dressed and went out to the main lobby of the Pokemon Center.

Nurse Joy, strikingly similar to the one he had met back in Viridian City, greeted him with her bouncy, curly hair. Walking over as she held a Pokeball in her hand, she met Sean right at the entrance to dorms.

"Here you are," she told him cheerily as the Pokemon Trainer took the ball from her, clipping it in his belt. "Your Bulbasaur should be fully healed!"

"Thanks a lot," he said to her, very happy that his Pokemon was at full strength now.

Turning to leave, he walked through the sliding glass doors of the large, techonologically advanced building and onto the streets of Pewter City. All in all, he thought, it wasn't that bad of a place. In fact, after he was done with his Pokemon Journey he might consider retiring to the place. It seemed quiet, yet there appeared to be many things to do as far as entertainment.

Every building was made of stone which, at first, had Sean really wondering how they actually built the place. He quickly realized that stone was probably more durable than metal and wood as far as resisting the deterioration over time.

Walking down the street, he then set his sights on a large, gray building at the very end of the one he was walking down.

"Pewter City Pokemon Gym," the Trainer said as he read the sign from a far-off distance.

It appeared to be located in the north-western part of the city. As he got closer and closer to it, Sean Florian's excitement continued to grow, along with his trepidation. Sure, he should be happy for his first Pokemon Gym Challenge, but he didn't really know what to expect. Finally arriving there, and using all of his might to open up the large stone doors he entered the completey dark area.

The interior of the place was actually very surprising. Sean noted that, although very large and spacious, there wasn't much to it. Then the overhead lights snapped on and the entire arena was illuminated before him. Sean looked down and, right were he was standing appeared to be the edge of a makeshift battle area. It was full of rocks, gravel and dirt, making it the ideal battling environment for Rock-type Pokemon.

"Welcome to Pewter City," a voice called to him from across the place.

Looking up, Sean saw a brown-haired man with squinty eyes wearing a gray jacket-vest.

"Hey there," the Pokemon Trainer told the man. "My name's Sean, and I'm here for a Pokemon Gym Battle. Are you the leader?"

"You bet I am," the man responded. "My name's Brock. Now, let's get this started. You beat me and you can have the Boulder Badge. This will be a two-on-two Pokemon Battle."

"Um, about that," Sean responded quickly, yet fearfully. "I only have one Pokemon."

"Well, I hope it is well trained! Go Geodude!" the Gym Leader exclaimed as he hurled the Pokeball onto the rocky field.

What came out of the ball appeared to be a gray rock with arms. After throwing Bulbasaur into the arena, the Trainer quickly whipped out his Pokedex to get some information on his new opponent.

Geodude, the rock Pokemon, the little red machine stated. It is found in fields and mountains. Hikers often mistake them for rocks, tripping over them.

Bulbasaur didn't appear too nervous about its current opponent. Sure, Geodude was trained by a Gym Leader, the Grass-type Pokemon knew it had the type advantage, two-fold.

"Geodude, tackle it!" Brock commanded his grey Pokemon.

Suddenly, the rock Pokemon used its arms to hurl itself at Sean's four-legged Pokemon.

"Tackle it yourself, Bulbasaur!" Sean exclaimed, wanting to prove the toughness of his own Pokemon.

This was a mistake, however, as the Pokemon collided in the middle of the arena, with Bulbasaur being much worse for ware. The green Pokemon shot an angry look at its Trainer obviously upset at such a ridiculous order. Geodude, not even needing another order from Brock, charged forth yet again for another full-body tackle. Bulbasaur, not wanting another faulty order given to it, performed its own attack as it let loose a vine from its back. The green whip sliced through the air right before snapping hard against Geodude's tough skin. The rock Pokemon took the shot hard, getting knocked backwards and taking a significant amount of damage.

"Yeah! Nice work buddy!" Sean exclaimed.

If Bulbasaur was proud of itself, it didn't show it. The green Pokemon had a battle to attend to.

"Geodude use defense curl and then tackle it again!" the Gym Leader ordered the Rock-type.

Bulbasaur, seeing Geodude headed straight for it at a fast speed, almost like a cannonball, sent out another vine whip attack. The green rope-like-object hit its mark, but this time Geodude had too much momentum behind it. Smashing through the vine, and then into its four-legged adversary, the two bodies were sent flying from the collision. Geodude hit the ground hard, rolling onto its back with its eyes closed. Apparently, the vine whip had done enough damage to knock it out. Bulbasaur got to its feet with a large lump growing on its forehead. Geodude had hit it hard, and Bulbasaur was far from operating at 100%.

Brock returned his first Pokemon into its, ball as he pulled out another. Without a word, he threw the red and white orb into the center of the arena as a large rock-snake burst forth. The thing appeared to be made of boulders as it stood over 25 feet tall!

"Wow," Sean said, realizing his jaw had dropped to the floor. He couldn't remember the last time a Pokemon had inspired so much awe in him. It was at this moment that he silently vowed to himself that he would capture and train an Onix someday...

"BULBA!" the much smaller green Pokemon called out to its Trainer, snapping him out of his day dream. It wanted orders.

Quickly getting his mind back into the battle, Sean realized that, in his current state, Bulbasaur was no match for the hulking behemoth in front of it. It needed some healing.

"I GOT IT!" the black-haired Trainer said loudly. "Quick, use leech seed, Bulbasaur. Sap its health!"

Nodding as it understood, the green Pokemon shot a volley of seeds from the hole in the top of its bulb, like a cannon firing mini-shots. Most of them landed square on Onix's head and, just like that, the Pokemon's very lifeforce began getting transferred through the ground towards Bulbasaur, where it absorbed it and gained health back.

"Onix, don't let it do that!" Brock commanded. "Finish it in one blow. Tackle it now!"

Obeying its Trainer's orders, Onix quickly performed a full-body tackle towards Bulbasaur, heading for it head-first.

"Growl, now!" Sean ordered at the last second.

Bulbasaur said its name loudly and quickly as it managed to stun Onix for a moment and slow its momentum. It still collided, however and smashed Bulbasaur hard into the ground. As it pulled itself from the wreckage beneath it, a green, four-legged Pokemon was revealed as it lay there, completely motionless. Sean was in shock, completely stunned that he had actually lost his Gym Battle. It looked like he wouldn't get the Badge after all.

Suddenly, Bulbasaur got to its feet yet again, albeit relatively slowly. That's right! The leech seed was still working! Looking up at the Rock-type Pokemon, Sean noticed that it appeared to be weakening.

"Great work!" He complimented his Pokemon. "Now use vine whip!"

And, this time, Bulbasaur shot two green vines from its back towards Onix's head. Both connected solidly and, just as quickly as the Pokemon had appeared, it went crashing to the rocky terrain beneath it, knocked out cold. Brock returned his Pokemon as he walked towards the Sean with something in his hand.

"Take this," he said, offering a small grey badge. "It's the Boulder Badge, and it is your first step towards the Pokemon League."

"Thanks," the Pokemon Trainer said as he accepted the gift.

"This, too," Brock said, offering what appeared to be a CD. "It contains Rock Tomb, a technique used for slowly enemies down."

"Cool, thanks," Sean said gratefully.

And, after shaking Brock's hand and complimenting him on a battle well-fought, the Trainer left the building, having won his first official Pokemon League Badge! He was already on his way to greatness!

Last edited:

Slave to the Poké-Rave

I bought the Mt.Moon Magikarp
    Years
  • Kaiden sighed, relaxing in a long shaft on sunshine shooting through the green canopy above. Trees extended in all directions, but he knew the exit was right around the corner of 'that certain gnarly old tree that kakunas like hanging from.' Singing a catchy Johto song, he strummed his guitar, the chords ringing throughout the forest. He could see several pokemon looking at him, a mix of curiosity and natural fear in their eyes. He wasn't bothered by them though. He remembered his first time here.

'Wind and rain whipped down from the darkest clouds above. The small figure stumbled through the long grass, falling, mud splattering upon himself. Suddenly, a bolt of lightning arced across the sky, illuminating his surroundings. A spearow crowed from the branch above and he screamed, getting up and running blind through the grass of the Viridian forest. More lightning, booming forth from the heavens, like an angry, celestial Electabuzz punching the clouds below its feet. The spearow cawed as it chased him, flying from his branch and dashing towards him. Its beak was glistening with rain water, and flashed like a lightning bolt itself as it grew closer and closer. He cried out, diving to the floor as it swept over him. He cawed again as it reached him, landing on its talons. The beak flashed out, slicing his arm. He cried out in pain, sweeping an arm at the bird before running again, a yellow brick building along his path. Lightning flashed as his feet pounded.'

He sighed, subconsciously touching his arm. He flicked his hair away from his eyes as he finished singing. The red streak laid across his right left eye, and dangled as he packed up his guitar. Taking out his water, he sipped, then offered it to the gleaming white next to him.

'Cu!' he cried, causing Kaiden to laugh as the Pokemon's two stubby arms wrapped around the bottle and it suckled away at it.

'Bone!' he finished, eyes tight in joy. Kaiden was sure that he was smiling under the skull. The cubone handed back his bottle, happy to finish dining on a section of apple they had found in the forest.

'Come on Cubone, I guess we should get moving huh?' he asked, smirking and stroking the smooth skull upon his cubone's head, certain that inside it could feel him doing it. The pair stood, and in one smooth motion the guitar was on his back and they were away.

'Cu-bone!' Cubone suddenly cried, grabbing Kaiden's leg.

'Oh, close call buddy!' he said, turning picking up the long, hard bone. Cubone grabbed it from him, and clutched it to himself as the pair walked around the bend.

A girl was dominating a younger kid, The blue turtle slamming into the kakuna, beating it into the ground. He winced for the younger girl as the Pokemon fainted and the other teen girl cuddled her Pokemon. He flicked out his 'Dex at the blue thing.

'Squirtle. Tiny turtle Pokemon. After birth, its back swells and hardens into a shell. Powerfully sprays foam from its mouth.'

'Now thats cool.' Kaiden laughed, walking past the younger girl, who was now on her knees. He patted her head as cubone walked past with him. They swung open the glass doors of the entry hall. Pewter City lay ahead.

Inside were a few trainers, as well as that girl from before. She as cute, he had to admit.

'Hey you!' he said from across the room, 'I saw your battle, that was some really fancy work from your squirtle. Im Kaiden. Gotta rush, I'll guess I'll see you round cutey.' he smirked, running off with cubone hot on his heels.

'Cu...boone!' he whined, Kaiden laughing as he swept the small brown Pokemon into his arms and blew on his chest, the rippling sound causing the cubone to giggle. Its bone flicked around wildly as he flapped his stubby arms. The skull rattled slightly as he continued giggling. Kaiden put him down and they continued out of a similar pair of doors. Sunlight streamed onto their faces, illuminating everything around them and showing dust in the air. A small Beedrill buzzed past, causing cubone to hide behind his owner's legs.

'Hey its ok buddy, its just a little one, you could take him any day.' he said. It was far too high anyway, simply a speck on the bright blue skyline. A puff of leaves showed it entering the canopy of Viridian forest.

'I think its time for another song my friend.' he laughed, swinging the guitar over his shoulder, having taken it from its case inside the small building between the forest and this small path to Pewter city. He strummed out a chord, fiddling with a few of the pegs, until it was just right, and began strumming fast. Cubone let out a shrill in glee and hopped along in a small cubone-jig. Kaiden burst into laughter as his small companion found a hollow log, and, beating his bone against it, accompanied the guitars mellow strings. He saw two small bug catchers walk next to them, their nets empty. They sat down, chatting merrily and swaying in time. The boy pulled out a camera, snapping a shot of him and cubone.

He walked on with his guitar, still strumming as they passed the sign for Pewter city. Cubone was lightly tapping his bone to the skull on his head. He smoothly changed his tune, singing a few lines.

' I'm gonna master all kinds of kung fu, I'm gonna live inside a tiny zoo, I'm gonna grow my self a giant afro...' he sang, cubone let out a long happy cry, sounding as if he didn't believe Kaiden's lyrics.

'Come on chum, lets go get something from the Mart, and then lets go see if Brock is all he is worth.' Cubone happily agreed. The grey stone buildings of Pewter were bring tin the sunlight, and the red roof of the pokecentre, as well as the blue of the pokemart, were dazzling in the bright light. He smiled, seeing the orange roof of the gym near some small trees, and the large ornate architecture of the museum in the background. They went for the bright ocean blue of the mart.

'Welcome to Pokemart, how can I help you today?' the man asked from behind his counter, waving happily.

'I'll have a err... two potions please.' he said, looking down nervously, stroking cubone's shell as the small pokemon clutched his jeans.

'Here you go. I must say, I have never seen a cubone in the flesh before.' he said, smiling as he leaned over, having placed the brown bag on the table. Cubone hid itself further behind Kaiden, pinching his skin as he gripped tighter.

'He's a little shy. Hey big guy, come on, he won't hurt you.' he smiled, talking to cubone as the small pokemon, looking at him, before wrapping the stubby arms around his neck and allowing himself to be lifted onto his counter.

'Oh wow, he's cute.' the store clerk said smiling as he stroked the ridges on cubone's back.

'Cu! Cu!' he shrilled, clutching Kaiden's chest, bone in hand.

'He's a tad shy.' his owner said, placing him back on the floor, 'I better go, Brock and me got a date with destiny.' he said, laughing as cubone waddled after him quickly.

The sun was bright in their eyes after the relative darkness of the shop. They wandered lazily along the dirt path as it swirled around their feet, settling with little breeze in the town. They rounded a bend, where a tight band of trees were a natural edge on the town. They stopped and peered in, seeing a group of rattata running past. Pidgey called from above and Kaiden smiled as cubone walked by with him. They reached the door of Brock's gym.

'Lets do this Cubone, you ready pal?' he said, crouching and looking his pokemon in the eyes. Cubone nodded holding his bone and thrusting it upwards in a display of bravery. They walked forwards, the turquoise glass door sliding outwards with a pneumatic hiss. It was dark inside, the drab stone walls a reflection of the gym leader's taste in pokemon. The floor near him were planks, but dominating most of the space was an arena, the floor rocky, boulders dotted around as well as a few outcroppings of rock. They stepped forwards onto the dirt floor arena togethor.

'Hey kid, you up for it?' came a voice from the other side. A young man with spiky brown hair was opposite them, wearing a brown and orange jumper.

'Im Brock,' he continued, 'Leader of the gym here. I specialize in rock pokemon. That all you got?'

'You bet it is Brock. Im Kaiden, and this is cubone. We gonna rock your world, and then I will right a song about it.' he said, in a fighting stance as Cubone thrust his bone forward, walking forwards to the circle in the center. A brilliant white and red flash signalled Brock's beginning.

'Go, Geodude!' he shouted, the rock pokemon appearing. A small boulder like pokemon.

'Alright Cubone, try a tail whip!' he shouted, cubone running at the rock at spinning, flicking his tail out. Geodude dodged however, jumping over the tail and hammering into Cubone, sending him sprawling. Cubone's bone bounced out of his hand and he scrabbled to retrieve it.

'Tackle again Geodude!' Brock shouted, the pokemon jumping high on its rocky fists before falling fast towards cubone.

'Bone Club now cubone, you can do it!' Kaiden said.

'Cu, Cubone!' cubone roared, spinning as Brock's pokemon descended, the bone connecting with its side, as if in slow motion, before time sped up again, and the geodude flew across the arena, the critical hit sending it smashing into a natural stone piller, dust flying. Kaiden's pokedex piped up.

'Cubone, a ground pokemon. Ground pokemon are more effective against Fire, electric, poison, rock and steel pokemon.'

'Alright, so you have the advantage.' Brock said unhappily, taking the fainted Geodude back into its pokeball.

'But you can't beat Onix!' he roared, the giant rock snake appearing from its pokeball.

'ONIXXX!' it screamed, before leaping at cubone. Eyes wide, he ran back, and the larger pokemon slammed into the floor, dust falling from the ceiling as it plowed into a wall.

'Quickly cubone, bone club its head!' Kaiden shouted, tasting victory at the onix's unfortunate miss. Cubone shouted as it leapt onto onix, running across its back like a crazed Doduo, before leaping, the bone clacking onto the stone skull of the onix.

'Onix.' it whined to Brock, rising up.

'Now wrap it onix!' Brock shouted, glaring at Kaiden, who glared back. The large stone snake sounded an affirmative as it coiled its stony body around cubone's form. Cubone whined in pain and Kaiden winced, feeling it as well. It didn't deter him however.

'Growl now Cubone buddy!' he shouted across the arena. Cubone let out a loud growl, coupled with the rattle of the skull upon its head. Onix didn't relax, but its wrap was a little looser. After one more painful squeeze, Cubone repeated its attack, the Onix letting go more. Cubone wriggled free, leaping onto the stone body of the onix, still coiled. It was like a spiral ramp.

'Yes cubone, get him now!' Kaiden shouted, leaping into the air and thrusting his fist up.

'No, Onix quickly!' Brock shouted. It was too little too late however, as the onix couldn't hit the small cubone upon its body. It shook, but cubone's goal was in sight. He jumped high, the bone in both hands above its head. Both trainers looked up, the bright lights of the room blinding them, the silhouette of cubone outlined against the halogen bulbs. Onix's mighty roar filled the room as a solid crack rang through the room, and something heavy hit the floor, dust flying from the smashed rock. As it cleared, both trainers were silent. Cubone breathed heavily as he hopped off the onix's body.

'Alright, I guess you win Kaiden. Your cubone is quite amazing, though you did have the type advantage.' he said, withdrawing Onix as he walked forwards.

'No problem Brock, it was fun, huh Cubone?' he asked, stroking it as cubone let out a cry of victory.

'This is the boulder badge. It shows trainers everywhere you have beaten the first gym of Kanto. And this is TM39. It contains Rock Tomb. Its a powerful rock move, which reduces foes speed as well.' he said, shaking Kaiden's hand as the young man turned to leave.

'Well Cubone, lets rest up, and its off to Mt. Moon!' he said, laughing, putting his fist out to the pokemon. Cubone pushed his own fist up to Kaiden's.

'Respect brother!' he laughed as Cubone giggled and they walked back out of the door. The sunlight was bright on their skin, and they walked, a slightly nackered cubone and his trainer, to the Pokecentre. Kaiden flicked his guitar round and strummed several chords.

'I gotta tale, of cubone and Brock. One brave as can be, Brock's geodude as slow as a snail.' he sang, laughing with cubone.

Last edited:

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • "Here is your Pokemon!" Nurse Joy chimed in a cheery voice, a bright smile upon her beautiful features as she placed a grey coloured tray upon the counter at the Pokemon Center. Though the tray was designed to contain up to six pokeballs, only one of the mentioned device occupied the grey board. Adel gave the friendly nurse a grateful smile, retrieving her rejuvenated Pokemon back from the older lady's care.

"Excuse me, but could you tell me where's the Pokemon Gym of this city?" the girl quickly inserted her inquiry before the nurse could turn away and carry on with her scheduled duties. The middle-aged female nodded, maintaining her glowing grin as she answered the question with nothing less than enthusiasm, "Brock's Gym is located at the edge of the town, near the hedges, the Gym is also connected to the Mueseum, you can't miss it!" Adel politely thanked the woman for her help, receiving an idyllic 'Don't mention it!', before exiting the Center without further obstructions.

Outside the Center, Adel tossed the Pokeball that was previously within her grasp lightly towards the concrete pavement. As the pale button located in the center of the red and white sphere made contact with the ground, the ball burst open and a flash of red erupted from within the casing of the Pokeball, the red light took on a distinct shape, before materializing into a cheery Squirtle. The Water type took a few moments to facilitate the new environment, gazing at her surroundings with curiousity before bounding up the her trainer. "Squirtle~!" the turtle beamed as she called out, her tail adopting a mind of its own as it began to do a little dance behind her. Adeltruat gestured to the direction of Brock's Gym before beginning to walk, her one and only Pokemon following her movements with no hesitations.

"Its our first Gym battle.. " The fifteen year old said out loud, perhaps, she thought that it would have sounded more believable if her thought could be converted into audible words. Her Squirtle stood right next to her on her two hind legs, a determined look in her cascade eyes. The Pewter City Gym hanged over the two rather tiny bodies like a daunting monster, casting a dark shadow on the trainer and her loyal companion. Adel took a deep breath to steady herself, before stepping towards the doors of the entrance, pushing them open with a hint less confidence than usual. The interior of the gym was the gloomy as the exterior, virtually everything was grey.

"HEY!" a man's voice called out.

"Ahhh!" Adel released a high-pitched shriek, her body stiffening. The yell scared her Squirtle as well, the little creature ducking behind the girl's legs in fright.

"Relax, I won't bite," one could pinpoint the exact location of the statement, right in the middle of the large gym, at one side of the battle field. The voice belonged to a sturdy young man with spikey brown hair, the male doned a grey jacket (to think that the place wasn't grey enough) and brown pants, a steeled expression plastered upon his face as he faced his latest challenger. The man was obviously the Leader of the Grey Gym. Adel nodded weakly, embarassed at her earlier outburst, grabbing her Pokemon into her arms and quickly making her way towards the center of the building, coming to a halt at the opposing side of the field. The girl looked up to the older youth, as if to confirm that she was doing the correct thing. When Brock gave her an encouraging nod, Adel relaxed, the action allowing her brain to behave normally again.

That was when she nearly wanted to give herself a good slap for forgetting her manners.

"M-My name's Adel... Adeltruat! Pleased to make your acquaintance!" She hastily shouted, it was a little too loud, as she continued with a short curtsy. Her Squirtle promptly mimiced the action, receiving an amused laugh from the Gym Leader.

"A funny Pokemon you have there, I assume its going to battle me?" Brock queried with a patient tone. His challenger replying with an uncertain dip of the head once more. The man smirked, bringing out two Pokeballs from his belt, before declaring, "This'll be a two on two battle! Only two Pokemon will be allowed for each side to use, trainers may choose to switch their Pokemon in and out whenever they wish, the Leaders, however, are exempted from this. The winner will receive the Boulder Badge."

"Looks like you'll have to take out two Pokemon, do you think you can do it?" Adel bent down and asked her Squirtle with a worried tone in her voice. The Pokemon on the other hand, gave a confident "Squirt!", brimming with self-esteem, as if she was trying to tell her training that she had full belief in their abilities as they eyes locked. The girl felt a sense of relief, at least one of them wasn't so troubled. She rose to her full height, giving Brock a more tenacious nod the third time.

"Go, Geodude!" Brock threw the round object to the center of the field, the burst of light releasing a floating Pokemon (which was, yet again, grey) with a circular body and two arms, other than the large face it had, the Pokemon had no other special features, it was a simple Pokemon.

"Don't belittle my Pokemon, I have an even greater one up my sleeve!" Brock commented sharply.

"Squirtle! Show'em what you've got!" Adel commanded her companion as soon as the Geodude appeared on the battlefield, her Pokemon charging into the fray at her order. Brock didn't seem the least bit disturbed that he was facing a Water type, despite the obvious disadvantage.

"Tackle right away!" He swiftly shouted before his opponent had a chance to react, the Geodude colliding roughly into Squirtle's shell. The damaged Pokemon staggered dizzily for a few moments, before shaking her head and regained her momentum, "Withdraw!" Adel said before Brock could have a chance to give his second command. Squirtle drew herself into her brown shell, hardening with a flash of silver.

"Tackle! Their defence isn't that strong!" Brock sighed, shaking his head as his Rock type banged himself hard against Squirtle's shell, what a waste of a move that had been. If Adel had ordered for a water attack, perhaps she could have taken down the Geodude in one shot. The Leader's mind quickly reverted back into the present, as Adel ordered her Pokemon to perform yet another withdraw.

"Tackle!"

"Withdraw!"

Brock could not help but feel slightly irritated.

"Doesn't it know more than that attack?"

Adel did not answer, as Squirtle emerged from her shell as soon as she completed her third withdraw technique. The girl stared questionable at the Geog, still in full health, while her Squirtle had suffered multiple hurt despite her toughened defense.

"... Withdraw, again!"

"You're really obstinate," Brock shook his head with disbelief, ordering Geodude to go in for another tackle. As soon as Squirtle came out from her iron hard home, the Rock type slammed dangerously into her, causing her to fly back a few feet. The Water type struggled to her feet, her movements had slowed down quite considerably since the start of the battle.

"... Bubble!" A stream of bubbles shot out of the Squirtle's mouth as soon as the command was heard, making harsh contact with the Geodude before Brock could do anything to defend himself from the attack. The Gym Leader frowned as his Pokemon shook off the suds, an exhausted look overcoming the floating being. " Tackle!" Brock shouted out, his damaged Pokemon performing the command as fast as its injured reflexes would allow him to.

"Bubble once more!" Another jet of foam poured from the Water type, as the two attacks met in the middle of the field and a mini eruption of bubbles obscured the trainers' views. As soon as the sea of froth cleared, only one Pokemon could be seen standing proudly on the ground.

That was Squirtle.

" SQUIRTLE! Great job!" Adel squealed with delight and pride.

Brock smiled, recalling his fallen Pokemon before taking out the second Pokeball he had in his possession, flashing it to Adel before casting it high into the air. When the device finally landed onto the ground, the mechanism to release the creature confined within the depths of the machine triggered into motion and allowed the second Rock type under Brock's ownership to be freed. The cherry red light rose and rose gainer height as the Pokemon's form took shape and solidified. Soon, a large, imposing rock-like snake appeared on the field, giving out a resonant battle cry.

"ONIXXXX!"

"You will never belittle my Pokemon! Onix, Rock Tomb!" Brock commanded his precious companion, as the snake-ish being curled up and gave another roaring cry, sending a few boulders down towards Squirtle's vicinity.

"Withdraw!"

The Water type hid into her shell at the last moment before the large rocks made impact, blowing up dusk and pebbles.

I've never done such a thing," Adel replied, a tone of simplicity in her voice as the heavy amount of dusk cleared up, showing an Onix standing tall, and a small blue paw poking out from a hole between boulders. Squirtle squeezed and wiggled her way out of the cramped space, before smiling weakly, numerous bruises coating her shell and body. The Leader assumed a shocked expression, wondering how the turtle could still stand firmly on her hind legs.

"Onix, tackle!"

The large Rock Pokemon swung his tail against the shell of Squirtle, much to Brock's surprise, his challenger's Pokemon was only driven back a few steps from the impact of the attack. That was when something clicked in his mind, no wonder she had been buying time with Withdraw during the match with Geodude. She was preparing Squirtle for Onix!

"Squirtle! Bubble, and don't stop the flow no matter how many times Onix hits you!"

Foam, suds, bubbles engulfed the field, as if preparing to drown out the opponents.

"Tackle! Tackle!" Brock cried to his Pokemon with haste and distress.

Onix thrashed madly at Squirtle, who staggered indecisively from one side to the other repeatedly as her sense of balance became lost to her. Even though, the dents in her shell become more and more noticeable, the Water type did not stop directing her attack at her enemy, a fire burned with determination in her eyes, as she finally clamped her mouth shut, stumbling as she caught her breath. The large Onix towering over her remained frozen as the remaining bubbles popped around him, before he finally began to shift his position, crashing to the ground with frightening repercussion as he lost consciousness.

Adel rushed to her Squirtle, bringing the hardworking creature into a warm embrace, carefully tracing out the blemishes on her shell.

"We'll get this healed straightaway, Squirtle." She informed her Pokemon, who merely smiled, her eyes shutting tightly as she drifted into slumber. The girl grinned at this, cradling the exhausted turtle in her arms before walking over to Brock, who had just finished recalling his second defeated companion. The Leader sighed, " I got beaten loads of times today, looks like I need to buck up." Adel gave him an encouraging smile, "Don't worry, I'm sure you've learned a lot from all the battles you have."

"Yup, and this is what I usually do if someone wins," the man reached into his pocket and pulled out a shiny, grey badge in the shaped like a rock. Sort of. Adel proudly received the Boulder Badge with two hands, beaming at her achievement.

"By the way, here's something extra I've got," Brock drew out a disc and held it out for the female trainer to take.

"This here is TM39, Rock Tomb. It's a neat attack. It might come in handy." The Gym Leader grinned as the girl bowed to him, thanking him for the wonderful battle and the equally valuable prizes, stuffing them into a bag.

Adel exited the Pewter City Gym, a sense of greatness overwhelming here, like the bubbles that were drowning out Brock and Onix those few minutes ago, the sleeping Squirtle still snug in her arms. She stared at her new friend, her new companion, her new partner. They had only known each other for two days, yet, the girl could tell that she had just obtained herself a friend for life. She gave the turtle a soft hug, wondering what exactly could her Pokemon be dreaming about at that very moment, walking towards the Pokemon Center at a decent pace.

"You did great Squirtle, you really did great."

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back