• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    ur gonna regret not taking in blasto king

and I never siad i wanna be part of the team, i just wanted to try out spriting something simple like a preevo for once.

Maybe you could try it, and post it here, and if he likes it, then you could make more.

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    I was just fooling around with some trainers this morning and I came up with something you might be able to use...

Pokemon Chronicles: Sands Of Time

And an overworld example from a while ago:

I know he looks like a Steven recolor, but the focus is on the overworlds.

Last edited:

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Did you make those evolutions?

No , I suck at spriting, all i'm saying is that those evos are good, but here is one that i made, it's a combo of scratch, recolour,splicing and revamping combined.

I knkow it's crap... and it needs proper shading...Don't laugh at it!!!!!!

It's not indexed, and it's a 1 of 3 evolutions for kangashan, the second someone else could come up with..cause i like 1 evos(cause they're easy :)

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    I tried out some new colors on the water starter:

I'm not sure if it looks better, or not...

(Here is the old one.)

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    @ DG: It's cute! :)
    @ Storm: I personally like the old one.

Me too... But... How should I make the old one look better?

I (tried) to fix up the old one...

^I'm still going to change the tail...

Last edited:

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    What I see right now is that the eyes and the bill look really good, because they are lifted out. You should try to do that with the tail and other parts.

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    THAT WAS A BILL!!!!
    LOL sorry pokestorm bu i though that was a tongue, thats y my edit had a red bill lol

PS. i'm going to make another water pre-evo cause pre-evo making is epically fun :P

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    How is it now?

I still need to do its head...

And... What programs do you guys use to sprite?

Last edited:

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    @Pokestorm

I prefered the original colours also. It looks great, maybe add the barbed tail and webbed feet. Then it'l be perfect!

@Omnious Plains

Cheers, it is a great sprite but it dosn't suit the line. Could you make the final evo look like an Ibex? https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ed/Capra_ibex_ibex_–_03.jpg (an ibex)

@ Deja Vu

Terrific you can be the OWer! Whenever any character sprite is completed I'l PM you to OW it OK?

@Blasto King

No hard feelings btw. Its just we have enough spriters and I've already explained why too many would be bad. Too many cooks spoil the broth as they say! Remeber if someone has to pull out of this project for whatever reason I'l come to you first OK?

~Keep up the good work~

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Just to tell you, I probably won't be on during Christmas. Sorry, I just can't.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    @Omnious Plains

You could try and make the horns yourself. I'm sure they'd still be great. You made Liklik yourself.

@Pokestorm

Dont worry. As I previously said I'm spending Christmas with my family and getting the train to Glasgow early tomorrow. I wont be back until Early January (4th at latest). I'l try and get online here and there (before 29th as after that I'l be in Vermont!) but Christmas is a time to relax and spend some time with family so enjoy yourself and have a merry Christmas!

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    Hows this:

I tried to use the old colors.

Any ideas for the next two evolutions?

Last edited:

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    want me to help you with that water pre-evo, I would love to, cause i have too much time and i feel too lazy to work on my hack atm, until i get a UNlz inserter, so want help?

Route

Slowpoke
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2015
    I added some feet...

Now I just need to finish the tail, and re-do the body colors...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back