• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Complete

How Should We Arrange The Wild Pokemon:

• Each Pokemon In Their Native Regions

Votes: 117 50.9%
  • Nationa Dex At Start - Eg. Johto Pokemon In Kanto

Votes: 47 20.4%
  • After Each Regional Dex Uprgrade, That regions Pokemon Appear in Every Region.

Votes: 66 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Blueprint

Pokemon: Aurum
Years
  • I've also had an Idea as to where to locate the Regis -
    There will be a big island that you can go to. On the Island There will be 4 chambers. 3 forming a triangle at the North, South East and South West of the island. They will contain the 3 regular Regis - Rock, Ice and Steel. Then in the centre, there will be another chamber containing Regigigas.
    To Unlock the chambers, You will receive a key item after defeating each gang in theire respective regions.
    Johto - Rocket - Ancient Rock - Regirock
    Hoenn -Magma/Aqua - Crystal Ice - Regice
    Sinnoh - Galactic - Shiny Steel - Registeel

Once all these chambers are open, The main Chamber (Regigigas) Will then open.

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • am i still in, or no, sorry i was just modifying my forum.

The Blueprint

Years
  • Very cool Idea but were are you going to put jirachi and all the other ones

Brushfire an I decided we will make our own islands to put some.
    I think we could make some connection to MT. Moon with Jirachi, seeing as it has to do with stars. Maybe a trip to the moon its self?

am i still in, or no, sorry i was just modifying my forum.
    you're still in if you want to be ?

Ghost

Years
  • Yeah i do can you join my forum and post this hack in the scrapbox there, so you
    can possibly get more mebers maybe and attention

Ghost

Years
  • Yes it is and what rank do you want to be pm me on my site.
    just so im on topic i love this hack

The Blueprint

Years
  • OFF TOPIC:
    What Pokemon does some one reckon I should base my profile on, and could you help me with the colours.
    ON TOPIC:
    I'm almost done with Slateport. I have changed a few things and I'll show you when I Finish. It is quite different, with the addition of a forest. The forest is located behind my new museum, witch is located where the market used to be.
    Hope You Like It.

Ghost

Years
  • did you register?

And yeah i map for this to but i love this hack came to me first

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • OFF TOPIC:
    What Pokemon does some one reckon I should base my profile on, and could you help me with the colours.
    ON TOPIC:
    I'm almost done with Slateport. I have changed a few things and I'll show you when I Finish. It is quite different, with the addition of a forest. The forest is located behind my new museum, witch is located where the market used to be.
    Hope You Like It.

I based mine on Entei when I first joined, but changed it to Lugia today, as you can see. Look at my profile. :)

On topic: Uhh, nice job with Slateport. I didn't try because the tiles were way too different.

The Blueprint

Years
  • I based mine on Entei when I first joined, but changed it to Lugia today, as you can see. Look at my profile. :)

On topic: Uhh, nice job with Slateport. I didn't try because the tiles were way too different.
    I deliberately made it different, and its far from 100%.
    Just finished actually, so I'll upload now.

Here we go, Slateport.
    Slateport.png

A Bit un-smooth around some places but I'll fix them when I get chance.

Oh, and BTW, Incase your wondering whats with the cave, its a shrine to lugia that could maybe be linked with an event to make Lugia appear.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    This won't work out well on FireRed. There isn't enough headers for all the regions you'd need. If you're gonna do this, suggest to just switch to Emerald, because it has enough headers/map names for at least 3 regions, you just have to extend the rom in the long run for all the map space, which is easy, just use XSE, takes a whole few seconds. Besides that, good luck...

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
  • This won't work out well on FireRed. There isn't enough headers for all the regions you'd need. If you're gonna do this, suggest to just switch to Emerald, because it has enough headers/map names for at least 3 regions, you just have to extend the rom in the long run for all the map space, which is easy, just use XSE, takes a whole few seconds. Besides that, good luck...

Uhm, let me find LaZ's post...

I have a question for you guys. infact a few...

1. how are you guys gonna account for the fact that FR only has 4 world maps with one bearlt usable?

2. what abut the flight posistion limit of 20? im sure theres more than 20 flight posistions in for regions...

3. What about the healing point limit? theres only 20 of those too (i think.). if thats not sorted then you could die and return to a completly different region due to lack of healing points.

4. map names will also be a huge problem. have 4 regions you will most definitly run out of map names to use... hows that gonna be cracked?

5. im thinking that the amount of OW sprites in FR is insufficent to spread through 4 regions. its just about doable but would be much better if there were more than the amount in FR.

6. this is probably one of the biggest problems... what are you going to do about your pokemon leveling up. ive found that after about 2 big regions your pokemon will all be ike level 80 or something. leaving the rest of the regions easy as its level 100 pokes all the way...

7. i hope you know that most tools dont support roms over 16mb. i think this includes A-map too. means your gonna have to do quite a bit of stuff with a hex editor...

8. what about FRs badge limit of 8? with 4 regions or more that will be like 32 badges or something? i suppose its not a big issue. but still should be thought of no?

with all that said i wish you guys alor of luck. i did think about something similar too :P and its never been done before.

again lots of luck to you all.
    link

Our guy can fix nearly all of these. ;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2014
    This could be done from what I've seen across the net, but it'll take a lot of work... Firstly, you need to consider expanding the ROM. Which Rom you use is up to you, as the game are pretty much all using the same basic formula, and the sprites can be used from later games in early ones, so there's no problem.
    Now, what I would do if I was you is get rid of all the gimmicks in the games. That should give you more memory, right?
    So, stuff like the Game Corner, the Poketch, the Phone, Pokemon Natures, Berries... All of it, I suggest is scrapped.
    This is because there is a lot of data needed for the rather large area you want to do.
    I wouldn't suggest you put all the Pokemon in there, simply because some of them are rather lame, and there's wayy too many nowadays.
    Stick to most of the 151 and add a sprinkle of the others in while you're there. Maybe you can get rid of evolving, and make each species just that- a seperate species that is related... [possibly some text in the game could tell us that it was theorised by a Pokemon Professor Darwin takes millions of years to evolve, and thus the world decided to be from then on...]

So, basically, strip down the game to its bare components. The bits we all like.
    Battling, Healing, Catching.

Now, if you're going to make all the lands into one game, I have an idea. Get rid of all the restrictive paths, and change things a lot.
    Rather than having obvious routes, there can be roads, which lead to safe areas from town to town. However, we can go into the forests [which I would think should work like long grass does normally... I mean, honestly, I'd just expect bugs and snakes in long grass...], and take shortcuts, which are more fraught with danger.
    Then, people have two ways to play: blasting down roads from town to town, or taking routes through woodland, catching pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back