• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Complete

How Should We Arrange The Wild Pokemon:

• Each Pokemon In Their Native Regions

Votes: 117 50.9%
  • Nationa Dex At Start - Eg. Johto Pokemon In Kanto

Votes: 47 20.4%
  • After Each Regional Dex Uprgrade, That regions Pokemon Appear in Every Region.

Votes: 66 28.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    I don't mean to sound mean here or anything but..
    Some of your mapping is horrible.
    I mean, I'm not even a great mapper, and I see at least 5 tile errors right off the bat.

xadamxzzz

Pokemon Thunderstone Owner
    Years
  • Because the game is based 5 years later the tiles will be different because of the over time change.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Yeah, that's not what I meant.
    I mean there are errors. Meaning the tiles don't fit together as their supposed to, or flow properly.
    Take the house in Dewford as an example. The house is on a sandy-like path, yet around the roof, there is grass. That's an error.
    I don't mean errors as in wrong tiles for the cities.

The Blueprint

Pokemon: Aurum
    Years
  • Yeah, that's not what I meant.
    I mean there are errors. Meaning the tiles don't fit together as their supposed to, or flow properly.
    Take the house in Dewford as an example. The house is on a sandy-like path, yet around the roof, there is grass. That's an error.
    If your read throug the forum before critiscising, most of the tiles arent the same as in Ruby, and these are just BETA maps. We will redo them with new tiles later in development. Its just to avoid us all using different tiles and messing it all up.
    Btw, can i remind all mappers to stick to FR tiles ONLy for the moment please?
    Thanks.
    Not contradicting your mapping skills Adam, your talented, but can we use FR tiles only for the minute please?
    Then when we remapped everything, we can go through and fix our errors and replace tiles.

xadamxzzz

Years
  • :D

Heres the map with the tiles back to normal but one door and the round thing are the same for some reason

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I have a question for you guys. infact a few...

1. how are you guys gonna account for the fact that FR only has 4 world maps with one bearlt usable?

2. what abut the flight posistion limit of 20? im sure theres more than 20 flight posistions in for regions...

3. What about the healing point limit? theres only 20 of those too (i think.). if thats not sorted then you could die and return to a completly different region due to lack of healing points.

4. map names will also be a huge problem. have 4 regions you will most definitly run out of map names to use... hows that gonna be cracked?

5. im thinking that the amount of OW sprites in FR is insufficent to spread through 4 regions. its just about doable but would be much better if there were more than the amount in FR.

6. this is probably one of the biggest problems... what are you going to do about your pokemon leveling up. ive found that after about 2 big regions your pokemon will all be ike level 80 or something. leaving the rest of the regions easy as its level 100 pokes all the way...

7. i hope you know that most tools dont support roms over 16mb. i think this includes A-map too. means your gonna have to do quite a bit of stuff with a hex editor...

8. what about FRs badge limit of 8? with 4 regions or more that will be like 32 badges or something? i suppose its not a big issue. but still should be thought of no?

with all that said i wish you guys alor of luck. i did think about something similar too :P and its never been done before.

again lots of luck to you all.
    link

Couldn't agree more.

Strange, didn't for me. Anyway, anyone on the team could you please add me on messenger to make me easier to contact -
    [email protected]

LinkandZelda -
    Is there no way to change these things ?

Of course there is, but it will be very difficult

Umm... I just remade new bark town but when I inserted it the map got all mixed up with tile errors so I don't think all the maps will fit

This is because the order of the tiles in the tileset of FR is different than Ruby's. Each tile has its own number (Hex, i'm not sure). When you save a map file, it holds the number of each tile you used and the size of the map, not the picture of the map, and the result will be screwing your map.

Ok, I'm Making a New Post to post screens.

Meteor Falls
    MeteorFalls1-2.png

Btw, A question. Are those ledges the jump able ones or do I need to switch them [Bottom Left]
    I Tried to fix it with no luck Sharp :(

Watch the tile errors, the corners have tile errors...

No, but we know someone that does.
    He's a rather famous Hacker that has posted here and he's agreed to help us. ;)

Alright then, i wonder if you can delete the facts of LikandZeldas list.

Because the game is based 5 years later the tiles will be different because of the over time change.

Yeah, that's not what I meant.

Exactly, don't take it literally, but the errors must be fixed, and if you're bored, you will never finish this.

xadamxzzz

Years
  • New map

Just made a new ma route 29 but it got shorter the begging is accurate but the
    end isn't so its kinda off and no head butt trees their rocks

The Blueprint

Years
  • Just made a new ma route 29 but it got shorter the begging is accurate but the
    end isn't so its kinda off and no head butt trees their rocks

Sorry adam, but those trees have a few errors, your using the ones with the shadows on the side, not the others. You need to switch them.

xadamxzzz

Years
  • What do you mean those are the regular trees if I change them there will be a lot of tile errors
    but I do see some other errors that I will fix later...

The Blueprint

Years
  • What do you mean those are the regular trees if I change them there will be a lot of tile errors
    but I do see some other errors that I will fix later...

No, its not that. If you look when your editing your tiles, there are 2 sets of that same tree. One with shadows, one without. You've used the shadowed ones, and you need to change to unshadowed.
    Anyway, I just decided, maybe we should get someone to make us some tiles to make the mapping easier. Some universal tile that will fit with every region, and do a bit of re-mapping on Kanto.

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
  • Alright then, i wonder if you can delete the facts of LikandZeldas list.

Hehe. *Doesn't mention who the person is, so they can reveal themselves if they want to*
    :P

Exactly, don't take it literally, but the errors must be fixed, and if you're bored, you will never finish this.

Yeah, I completely agree. It's not my mapping you're commenting on (not that you could because I haven't posted anything yet), but I understand where you're coming from and I'm rather ashamed at the rest of the team for posting maps with errors.

The Blueprint

Years
  • I found the tile errors you told me to fix
    I like it.

Sorry about my FAILED attempt at meteor falls. Its difficult to find the right tiles for the job :(
    Like I said, I think we need some tiles to make the job easier and to remap Kanto. Maybe even make some Drastic changes to some maps due to the time difference. If anyone would be willing to make us some tiles that fit, please contact me.
    - [email protected] or PM me.
    Edit: Sorry Adam. I got an email but didn't get chance to read it. By the way, could you give me some directions on Importing the map?
    For some reason, I can never open other peoples maps. I get 'I/O error 131' when i try to open them.

New Maps -

Spoiler:

Last edited:

xadamxzzz

Years
  • Go to file>>map>>open map>>make sure the file is (map name).map

Also you should take away the cave theirs no need for a house their because its not a big part of the game

Last edited:

The Blueprint

Years
  • Go to file>>map>>open map>>make sure the file is (map name).map

Also you should take away the cave theirs no need for a house their because its not a big part of the game
    That cave could be the location of one of the legendarys. Faint Brushfire made a list, and there where a few we couldn't decide where to place, so that can be the location of one after a certain event in game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back