• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnRyder

I cannot believe I'm back -.-
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2011
Dude! Awesome! You should move this to progressing hacks.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2022
This hack looks amazing. Even though i'm new to this, i see a good hack when i see one lol. Can't wait to play. Keep up the good work. Wishing you the best of luck with this. Only one thing, could you remove the pokeball mat (looks a little random and large in the room) and if its possible add one of those giant dolls from GSC like a dragonite or something. You don't have to, its your game but i think it'll look cool

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2010
Dont change the gus hair it looks cool...have you found which types he gym leaders will be... if you have the i must be missing something, or you havent posted it yet

bigfatgranny

Pokemon Shadow's Haze.
Years
The thread design is superb. The tiles are great. But you have more than enought screen shots to put this in proggressing hacks. So why dont you?

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Thanks for your comments guys. :D

This week should be a pretty clean one, and I mean I'm turning off my phone and everything. I haven't really planned anything besides to plain out progress with crossroads. Get crackin' on making it into starting the adventure.
I've been getting a crapload of PMs to respond to which keeps me on pokecommunity longer than I should be. xD
I gotta pull myself away to do massive work on crossroads this week.
I'll keep you all posted with screenshots and what not.

This hack looks amazing. Even though i'm new to this, i see a good hack when i see one lol. Can't wait to play. Keep up the good work. Wishing you the best of luck with this. Only one thing, could you remove the pokeball mat (looks a little random and large in the room) and if its possible add one of those giant dolls from GSC like a dragonite or something. You don't have to, its your game but i think it'll look cool
I agree, I think it would be better if I replaced it with a doll. I'm still looking into what I can do to replace it because I feel like it's pretty god awful. x]

Dont change the gus hair it looks cool...have you found which types he gym leaders will be... if you have the i must be missing something, or you havent posted it yet
I haven't, but now that you mention it I feel like I should start planning the first two since they'll be in the beta. I can say that I've planned out the second gym leader and it's not a traditional gym fight. You will be battling him out on a dock somewhere in the world. The dock is only reachable with HM01, which is replaced by my own HM Move called singe (taking the place of cut) and after navigating through a small cave.

Singe is to ember what fire blast is to flame thrower. Slightly higher in power but lower in accuracy.

The thread design is superb. The tiles are great. But you have more than enought screen shots to put this in proggressing hacks. So why dont you?
Thanks! I plan on updating it very soon with some silly stuff, and team updates.

I don't feel safe moving to progressing hacks just yet. I want to make sure that the whole scene of obtaining your starter is fully functional before moving it to progressing hacks.
This is my fault though because I'm so picky with my map's layout and can't settle. :P
Harry and Haroun are doing an epic job with the scripting.

Last edited:
Years
Hey this looks crazy. The freedom that this game will enable sounds amazing. I cant wait to sit down and play. The high number of starters is amazing, its probably my favorite feature so far. Keep on working hard, and the best of luck to ya mate!!

MK

i hate playing demo hacks
Years
  • CA
  • Seen Sep 18, 2010
It sounds very exciting!!! its has a unique story to say the least. Ill keep an eye on this one

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Thanks guys.

Crossroads was finally moved yesterday. I hope it does well in this section.

Anyways, I'm a little down about my team's thread closure so I don't think I'll be on much today.
I'm definitely still working on crossroad's, and I'll probably work on it when I get home tonight.

I still need to update the layout with team info.

If you have any kind of suggestions (besides the pokeball carpet, I know I need to change that LOL) please feel free to leave it. :)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Ah, yes. You are a promising hacker Cello, especially with your Tile Inserting. I wish you and any of your team members the best of luck, and you are an inspiration that if you are new, you can quickly become superb in a part of hacking, if worked on enough.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Shouldn't there be a quest to do if you want? I mean, a story which is optional?

Yes, there are plenty of storyline quests that I'm planning.
I thought I put that somewhere in my first post LOL.

It's pure freedom, but there are loads of optional tasks/ongoing storyline quests you can take on.
The region is split up into a neo-zone and a ruins-zone.
The ruin zone is the one I'm planning the most for as of right now.
Like after doing a quest involving a legendary you will be given a artifact that allows you further access in a area located in the ruin zone.
In there you, near the end, you will encounter a red-like battle with the ghost of a famous trainer. I'm not going to spoil anymore. xD

That's just a small tidbit that I'm excited to work on, anyways.

//EDIT
I updated the main pages with team updates.
You may have to refresh to see the image updates.

Last edited:

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2015
After seeing your name a few times, I decided to click and check out what Pokemon: Crossroads was all about.

I have to say, I'm astounded. Not only is the premise of being completely free to do whatever, whenever your want simply fantastic, you also have ridiculously amazing tiles.

I mean, if I had to rate the potential of this hack, I'd have to put it at... hmm.

Over 9,000.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
news.update. - 09/25/09
After all of the commotion and deciding to take a couple days to give myself some free time, it's time I hop right back into hacking. I'm taking a small step back and a mighty step forward, and also planning on updating the layout with some new storyline info.

//story.info.
So it's becoming apparent to me that a lot of people think Crossroad's is just going to be you getting a pokemon and doing whatever, with nothing to keep you hooked.
I assure you that there are LOADS of (optional) storyline stuff that I am planning to spread across Crossroads to keep you busy. I'm going to throw together something to fill people on the back story of Kippal and some of the things going on across of it.
From what I've been told, it seems that restless souls from the ruins of old Kippal roam the peaceful lands...
Kippal has quite the history behind it!

//huge.progress.
So with the new team behind the productions of Crossroads I can easily say that there is a large amount of progress with Crossroads.
The beginning sequence is basically complete. I'm still throwing together the description for obtaining your starter for Manipulation and Spherical Ice. Everything run's smoothly and connects just fine.Expect massive amounts of info/screenshots and some smooth sailing to the first beta from here on out. :)

//switching.engines.

Talking with Manipulation over MSN the other day, he managed to convince me to invest in something for crossroads (even though he didn't suggest it, he just brought it up and made it sound really good). I have just patched a clean ROM with JPAN's Fire Red Hacked Engine.
It is a wonderful ips patch that basically expands fire red's image with various features that a lot of people always wished for.
I mainly want it for the massive OW Sprite/Palette space. I know I'll be needing it since there will be so many different unique sprites and events going on across Kippal.
It may seem bad that I'm starting with a fresh ROM, but it doesn't take but one hour, two hours tops to insert my mess of tiles.

//bB's.reopen.
The team thread is now reopened under new rules.
A new thread was created due to the unnecessary page of posts, which resulted in a hot mess.
We will not be showcasing just any hacks under bB any longer, only very close friends of ours.
Be sure to check out our team member's hacks! We're constantly working to give you what you need in a hack.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2010
I have an idea! But I don't know whether it is possible to implement it. In the Kippal region, there can be a Starter Safari Park where the player is allowed to catch one Pokémon as his/her starter.

TalkingWhale

15 year old Veteran
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
amazing ideas. looks like the most promising pokemon game/hack EVER. and im serious about that. i am also rly thrilled that mareep was chosen 4 a starter! amzing pokemon. Ampahrous is my fav of all time. and a wide choice of starters for evryone else. but what i am rly wondering is if u can obtain more then one because it will b caught in wild..... a houndoom would b a great help 2 any team.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
I have an idea! But I don't know whether it is possible to implement it. In the Kippal region, there can be a Starter Safari Park where the player is allowed to catch one Pokémon as his/her starter.

That is quite the suggestion. I think I'm just going to stick with the traditional multi-choice from the professor, however. I have a lot planned for that scene, and it's already implemented. :P
Thanks though!

amazing ideas. looks like the most promising pokemon game/hack EVER. and im serious about that. i am also rly thrilled that mareep was chosen 4 a starter! amzing pokemon. Ampahrous is my fav of all time. and a wide choice of starters for evryone else. but what i am rly wondering is if u can obtain more then one because it will b caught in wild..... a houndoom would b a great help 2 any team.

Yes, every pokemon is obtainable someway throughout Kippal, even the Crossroad starters (only much later and as a rare-ish encounter rate).
I'm trying my best to make region exportability a top priority to this hack. Routes will be extended with obstacles and multiple path choices to make them a little more exciting.
One of the first routes will have a generic walkway or a higher cliff hopping road and some caves to go through. The choice is yours how you go through it!

Also, I would like to note that the original gen starters for the original games will be obtained in hidden mini-games across the region.
Beta 1 will feature mini-games for obtaining Treeco, Torchic, and Mudkip.

Thanks for your responses.
Unfortunately I've been very busy helping get my teammates and friends projects up and running so I haven't had much time to touch Crossroads.
That and I'm addicted to KH 358/2... :(

I was hoping my next post would be a massive update, but eh.
I've planned every inch of the beta though. Expect more soon. :)
Perhaps tomorrow granted I'm not busy? The graphics are getting a bit of a nice touch up.

Last edited:

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
Wow, i just took a quick browse through your screen shots and this game looks like it has so much more potential than i thought! I don't have time to read through your storyline and other stuff right now but as soon as i have a free minute i will be straight back to this thread to read it all. Great work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back