• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Wow, i just took a quick browse through your screen shots and this game looks like it has so much more potential than i thought! I don't have time to read through your storyline and other stuff right now but as soon as i have a free minute i will be straight back to this thread to read it all. Great work!

Thank you!

If you don't have time I could try and sum it up for you;
Crossroads is a mighty adventure based pokemon game taking place in the region of Kippal.
The point of this game is for you to gain pure freedom upon obtaining your starting pokemon and be able to complete your journey in any way you want. It marks the day you become an actual trainer.
There will be a huge region to explore with a intense back story. You will be able find and numerous tasks spread out across the land that are not only very rewarding but very fun! You can also take on your average challenges such as the gym challenge (in any order) or take down wrong doers.

Everything is very stable in crossroads right now. I know how every inch of it will work, so there is no worry about if it will or will not work.

TalkingWhale

15 year old Veteran
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
Thank you!

There will be a huge region to explore with a intense back story. You will be able find and numerous tasks spread out across the land that are not only very rewarding but very fun! You can also take on your average challenges such as the gym challenge (in any order) or take down wrong doers.

Everything is very stable in crossroads right now. I know how every inch of it will work, so there is no worry about if it will or will not work.

even with a new rom base, the imensety of this game probably still wont fit. well, bigger the better.

and since evrything is stable, there will probably be a beta up soon :D

that will b the happiest day of my life.

well, almost..

Cello

Tonight!
Years
even with a new rom base, the imensety of this game probably still wont fit. well, bigger the better.

and since evrything is stable, there will probably be a beta up soon :D

that will b the happiest day of my life.

well, almost..

I was actually discussing just that with my team.
Space will be a issue and I'm thinking of ways to possibly remove something unnecessary for more map/script/OW Palette space.
Perhaps removing the cries? It's still in the works.

Thank you!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Hey there Cello, I made an animated userbar for you. Its just a simple one, hope you like it!

code:

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191669][IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/4uwep1.jpg[/IMG][/url]

MC Blaze

The Breeder
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
Seems like a good idea. A break from all the other stereotiphycal hacks

TalkingWhale

15 year old Veteran
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
I was actually discussing just that with my team.
Space will be a issue and I'm thinking of ways to possibly remove something unnecessary for more map/script/OW Palette space.
Perhaps removing the cries? It's still in the works.

Thank you!

cries/sound takes up so much. i honestly havent played with sound 4 5 years, pokemon sound (in the games) is actually pretty annoying.

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
Well, i finally took the time out to read through the entire first post and i must say its left me wanting more! This has so much potential my friend, i don't have much hacking experience but i would be more than glad to help out with Pokémon sprites, Overworld sprites and Tiles. It would be an honor to participate in this project. What i find most interesting, is unlike most other games where they decide to let you choose from a wide variety of Pokémon, and do what you want whenever you want, you seem to have thaught it through and been able to keep it interesting. You seem to know exactly what you are doing and that is a great first start for a game designer. People who just go in and gun it, with a small idea hoping they will be able to make an amazing game by changing it as they go along have almost no chance of ever finishing there game/hack (trust me, i used to be one of them) but you seem to have sorted out before hand what you are doing. I wish you all the best luck and i will have a sharp eye on this thread watching out for updates. Keep up the superb work!!

One more note, your mapping is superb! I can't wait to start playing this!

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Am I the only one who has noticed that you put your username on the signpost in this picture? You're almost as tricky as Neti :D

As for the hack itself, the tiles are great but I don't like them :\
You have a very interesting concept for the hack but, as I'm sure you've been told time and time agin, it's gonna be quite a task to pull it off. I hope to see some more scripting updates one o' these day. Good luck with everything!

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Am I the only one who has noticed that you put your username on the signpost in this picture? You're almost as tricky as Neti :D

As for the hack itself, the tiles are great but I don't like them :\
You have a very interesting concept for the hack but, as I'm sure you've been told time and time agin, it's gonna be quite a task to pull it off. I hope to see some more scripting updates one o' these day. Good luck with everything!

There were two other people who messaged me over MSN telling me that they noticed that. :P
So you may very well be the third!

But thank you for the feedback. The tiles are currently getting a huge makeover. The ground, trees, everything.
It actually should have been done a week ago but I've been preoccupied with a non-hack project and helping my teammates.

I actually think I may have Crossroad's thread temporarily closed until I get back into working on it, which shouldn't be too far away.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
i dont get it, how did a hack in the progressing hacks get approved without even a single screenie?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Cello said:
Can I have my thread closed temporarily until I get back working on it? People keep responding to my old stuff and it's making me feel uncomfortable about my weight... ?

So yeah, closed as per request.

Closed~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back