• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
Wow, Cello, this looks amazing. This looks like an amazingly fun hack to play. Not much else to say.

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Just wanted to say that the tiles and everything look nice in this hack, but the mapping seems lacking. Take the 2nd and 3rd screenshots for example, you seem to lack the knowledge of placing mountains. Unless that was done on purpose, they should not be near that straight. Besides that, what I have seen of the hack(which isn't much xD)looks nice. You are definitely graphically skilled.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Just wanted to say that the tiles and everything look nice in this hack, but the mapping seems lacking. Take the 2nd and 3rd screenshots for example, you seem to lack the knowledge of placing mountains. Unless that was done on purpose, they should not be near that straight. Besides that, what I have seen of the hack(which isn't much xD)looks nice. You are definitely graphically skilled.

You know what? I've been looking at that map for the past week thinking that something just doesn't feel right about how it's set up and I think you just helped me to find out what I need to do to make it right. xD
I was going for kind of a man-made terrain since the small island that the town is built on is freshly built in it's backstory, but I do think I need to fix the mountains.

Thanks for your post!

/// As for updates;
I'm currently placing all of my scripts and fixing animated tiles. A new info page will be released soon!

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
You know what? I've been looking at that map for the past week thinking that something just doesn't feel right about how it's set up and I think you just helped me to find out what I need to do to make it right. xD
I was going for kind of a man-made terrain since the small island that the town is built on is freshly built in it's backstory, but I do think I need to fix the mountains.

Thanks for your post!
Oh, okay. If you want some help(not much but something xD) look at my recently made map. I know it's not exactly what you want considering it's man-made, but it'll work a little better than what ya got. You could combine both styles maybe?

Map: http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/Maps/WaryHills.png

Cello

Tonight!
Years
FINALLY.

topperbannerintrow.png

topbannerintrow.png

intropostscreens.png

starters.png

paths.png

Some things you guys should know:
  • These maps AREN'T finalized. I'm still adding onto them to make them less bland.
  • It's really hard choosing new starters. xD
  • Well, I think that's it... i'm too tired to remember...

Ok, so I think I'm gonna hit some artwork now. Definitely a world map, and maybe some character sketches.
Tomorrow I'm going to be busy however...

Ugh i'm so tired. I think I need to return some calls while I'm at it too rofl.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
i was looking at this thread and the game looks brilliant!

Its a pretty origional concept.

I must play this soon.

How is the difficulty set though? is it going to be as difficult as fire red or shiny gold x?

Thanks!
For the Gym leaders I had planned on them being more difficult in terms of them actually being trainers and not pushovers.
What I mean by that is they'll have well thought out teams of 5 or more pokemon, even the first gym leader.
I'm doing this since you're not required to do the gym challenge, and you can do it in any order.

I also plan on there being a variety of harder challenges in the game, amongst all other things.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2010
I know you probably get enough of this, but this is a really original concept for a Pokemon hack. LOVE IT!!!! I like the idea that it will be a challenge to. The character sprites and maps are pretty amazing to. Keep up the the good work, Cello.:) Any idea when a beta might be available?

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
Any idea when a beta might be available?

That's a no-no. Especially when it's your first post.

But I agree, this is a great, original hack. Easily stands out from the other 'SCRIPTERS URGENTLY NEEDED' hacks. Looks like I have some competition. ;)

Cello

Tonight!
Years
That's a no-no. Especially when it's your first post.

But I agree, this is a great, original hack. Easily stands out from the other 'SCRIPTERS URGENTLY NEEDED' hacks. Looks like I have some competition. ;)

Even though I know it's against the rules for him/her to ask, I don't mind. Not unless I'm constantly badgered about it. :P

After I finish the first two gyms and a bundle of events for the first couple of areas I plan on releasing my first BETA.

News///

bangBANG is looking for hackers to join, and I'm looking for a new main XSE scripter to take up my place for the sole purpose of helping with faster production.
Though I can script, it would be a big help so I can focus on finishing other things.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
tiles A
maps B+
Scipts(havent seen much yet)
overworlds A+
Css A+
overall so far A very nice love the new screens keep up the good work cello and has always if you need anything just vm me :D

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
I like your idea about being able to complete gyms "whenever you want" also I like the graphics a lot. You have certainly put in a lot of time into this. I can't wait to play your hack XD

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
Yes i wish you luck for your hack.
As for my hack im working on the second town.
btw how do i release beta's when my hack got no gyms?
lol....

Cello

Tonight!
Years
tiles A
maps B+
Scipts(havent seen much yet)
overworlds A+
Css A+
overall so far A very nice love the new screens keep up the good work cello and has always if you need anything just vm me :D

Thank you for the ratings!
It's unfortunate that I don't have enough scripts to show.
I plan on touching up the tiles and overhaul the maps so far with their final touches. They're so bland as of now.

I like your idea about being able to complete gyms "whenever you want" also I like the graphics a lot. You have certainly put in a lot of time into this. I can't wait to play your hack XD

Thanks! Yes, I've been putting too much time into this to be honest. It's a fun hobby for a college student. :)
Despite the amount of time and work I've put in this I don't feel like I'm ready to step into progressing hacks quite yet, though.

///////News////// Tomorrow I have a free day (I hope) and I plan on completing a world map for Kippal, showing every inch of detail of the environments you can explore.
I'm also adding the final touches to in-game maps to kick up the looks.

I'm still looking for someone to take over as the main scripter.
You would be helping speed up Crossroads production tenfold if so.
If you're interested, apply at my team thread or PM/VM me.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
yo cello I can script for you I am pretty good I can do most things If you need some prof I can A) send you some scripts from my hack B) you ask me to make a script for your game and if it gose well I can be your scripter I am good in both xse and pksv :D

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Erm, one of the trees you used, is mine. Give credit please.
Other than that, this is one of the better organised hacks around. keep it up!

Oh, I'm sorry. I'll fix the credits immediately.
Everything I used I got from deviantART tilesets (author requested credit if used). I hope you posted it on there or else there might be some people going around with your tiles. :<

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
I am in love with this hack^^
But there is a thing I don't like-the pokéball mat in the players room...It doesn't fit so well with other tiles, other that that, the hack is great-Good luck:D

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Alrite guiz, there's no need for a main XSE Scripter any longer. I came requesting one and got two awesome ones which is even better. Crossroad's is hitting hyper speed. ;o

You can check out more info on bangBANG's thread.
The two scripters request that you not PM them asking them to work on your hacks. They'll come to you if they want to help.

I'm putting the world map on somewhat hold for the day so I can give the new scripters a little bit of work, so I'm inserting a crap load of tiles and mapping like a mad man.
I'm very busy with other things as of right now, however.

I am in love with this hack^^
But there is a thing I don't like-the pokéball mat in the players room...It doesn't fit so well with other tiles, other that that, the hack is great-Good luck:D

Yes, I cringe a little bit every time I see it myself. I think I just need to re outline it. The dark outline makes it stand out as if it were a sprite.
I'll be fixing this soon, so don't you worry one bit my friend! :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back