• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Dimensia, Essence of the Elements

Osceola

Silent Warrior
Years
  • beta

here is a beta version. Its the first one so only some wild PKMN (new), new maps, and text are replaced. But tell me what you think from there and report any glitches immediately.

2. Who is Sergio Lugo?????

Years
  • I played the Beta. It's pretty good so far. ^^

A major error, though- I defeated a trainer in Dewford gym, and when it exited the battle, the screen turned bluish-green and froze. It was odd.

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • weird

weird. I didn't have that problem, neither did I edit the gym...how can that happen if i didn't edit the gym....

Can you tell me which trainer it was?

Anyone else have this glitch?

Nox30_04

Traveller
    Years
  • so far the only glitch I've found is when I went to evolve zigzagoon at dewford and the screen went blue and I lost everything since my previous save which was before the gym leader in rustboro

Years
  • i have downloaded the beta and its great. but there is some glitches in thegame like after the first city there is water in the little forest and u can walk on water.but the game is good and keep up the good work

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2009
    Nox30_04 said:
    so far the only glitch I've found is when I went to evolve zigzagoon at dewford and the screen went blue and I lost everything since my previous save which was before the gym leader in rustboro

The same thing happens when i try to evolve the pokemon that has the poochyena name. Anyway great hack keep the great work.

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • huh?

huh?
    I beat all the trainers and I evolved poochyena & zigzagoon and nothing wrong happened.

Probably your VisualBoy versions are outdated.
    Our if you are playing the game and speeding it up with the Speed function (see the joystick function) that may restart the game...it happened to me once and that might be the problems.

Well how are the maps?
    The fusion poke?

Edit: Now i have a few scratches. Zephry's 2 to replace altaria, swablu, Cowrie's err fox sorta scratch, and I am making some scratches myself.

Thanks Scyther for the scratch idea! Its much more original and more fun! Sorry for treating you so harshly....

Last edited:

Nox30_04

Traveller
    Years
  • I'm using vba ver 1.72 which is the newest except for the beta version 1.8 which I have, I could try it and let you know if that changes anything. but otherwise everything seemed fine with the game if I do find anything else I'll let you know or if that evolution problem happens again.

Update: I tried it again and still got the blue screen on the 1.72 and tried the 1.8 and it was the same thing and I couldn't evolve any pokemon, it just kept going to the blue screen. So am not sure what to do.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2009
    I have VBA 1.8.3 beta it's the most recent that exist and i have that evolving error. The maps are great and the fusion pokemon too keep the great work

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • yeah

yeah its still being worked on, check out the ELEMENTAL INC. in the Hacking Group forum, more details are there.
    This hack is being switched to FR to avoid the evolving error and better graphics. Expect progress in a few days.

Vipershark

What user title?
    Years
  • Legendary_Reploid_Zero said:
    thank you for your comments, but please also be respectful of the learning process. The only way we can learn is to learn from mistakes and if all "great"
    gamers don't want to play, hey thats fine with me! I am making this hack so when I finish I will have a product that I will appreciate for my efforts, others can too if they want. Hacking is a fun past-time for me and that's the only reason I'm doing it.

2. Please don't say things like "god ****" it really doesn't help. Also don't avoid it with the word dam, I noticed okay?

3. Telling what's messed up is good but I've noticing seeing the good part in it takes quite a lot of skill so please backup unnecessary comments with true feedback instead of fix this and that, more things like fix this, you can do this and that to fix it.

4. BY the way, "fakes" are fusions right? Then how come people do hacks with fusions like DCB's Fusion Nightmare. See? Think about it alittle.

5. Thanks for the GOOD comments but PLEASE tell me WHATS WRONG WITH IT SO I CAN FIX IT!

6. To scyther: if you think I am whining around requesting sprites, that is MY BUSINESS! If I request something I can! If everyone could do everything by themselves then why do we have incs if everyone wouldn't need a spriter/hacker/scripter, etc. ? This is a first hack, be kind, jeez!

okay update.

I have finished these maps: Pacific Isle, Dream Path, Rocky Summit, Forestation Devastation, Sunjive City, Solemn Peak, Aqua Paradise.

Working on
    Used to be Rustboro
    Petalburg Woods
    Dewford
    And scripts up to Dewford

So yeah, you can expect a release in around 23-27th. I hope it will be satisfying.

Help Needed
    SOmetimes there are tips of treetops appearing in the game but when I open the map in advancemap some of these things are out of range and I can't edit it. Can anyone tell me a tool that does edit it?

Good job, I like this. I can map, and I have a text editor if you need any help. PM me.

Back