• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Discussion (Current Subject: Aerodactyl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    how about a special sweeper magmortar?

Modest
    Flamethrower
    T.bolt
    Focus Blast
    hp ice

Evs: 252 Sp.Atk / 4 Sp.Def / 252 Speed

Flamethrower for STAB and accuracy, T-bolt for water types, with Focus blast you can OHKO tyranitar and heatran, and 2HKO snorlax and swampert, and hp ice for dragons.

I dont know if its good to replace hp ice with psychic.. What do you think?

Years
    What about

Magmortar @ <item>
    Hasty
    ~Cross Chop / TBolt
    ~HP Grass / Lava Plume
    ~Screech
    ~Swagger

Was thinking TBolt for Gyara rather than use an HP. But with the Swagger + Screech, I thought there could be switch ins? Maybe Lava Plum for the STAB.

I admit to not be much for battling, but would like to know if this is really terrible or not. I've been using an NP Ape, and would like Maggy as an alternate, for against friends. I mostly just run with Egg moved Pokemon and combos running from such, like Hippowdon. I also want a switch off from only using Magmar for the Egg hatch.

I do use different movesets for certain species because such is what I like and use locally...

Last edited:

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    What about

Magmortar @ <item>
    Hasty
    ~Cross Chop / TBolt
    ~HP Grass / Lava Plume
    ~Screech
    ~Swagger

Was thinking TBolt for Gyara rather than use an HP. But with the Swagger + Screech, I thought there could be switch ins? Maybe Lava Plum for the STAB.

I admit to not be much for battling, but would like to know if this is really terrible or not. I've been using an NP Ape, and would like Maggy as an alternate, for against friends. I mostly just run with Egg moved Pokemon and combos running from such, like Hippowdon. I also want a switch off from only using Magmar for the Egg hatch.

I do use different movesets for certain species because such is what I like and use locally...

screech maybe, to force the switch, but with swagger is a no-no. receiving a boost while holding a lum berry (some of the time) is just too much of a risk

A mixed set should look something like this

Magmortar @ Expert belt/life orb
    mild
    94 atk/ 242 sp atk/ 172 spe

fire blast/lava plume/flamethrower take your pic
    t-bolt
    cross chop
    EQ

you can drop EQ for HP ice/grass

Years
    I wanted to make a set for it ages ago, but I found that too much attack was need to 2HKO Blissey with Cross Chop, although with the Standard being Calm, now it can work.

Quick Question, can Flame Body hit through a sub?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    The new discussion topic is Aerodactyl.

Aerodactyle@Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    - Stone Edge / Rock Slide
    - Earthquake / Ice Fang
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

Suicide lead ftw !!

Aerodactyle@Choice Band / Life Orb
    42 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Speed
    Jolly Nature
    - Ice Fang
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Fang / Crunch / Pursuit / Stealth Rock

LO + SR is cool.

But more or less obligatory Choice bander.

Aerodactyle@Life orb
    42 Sp.Att / 252 Atk / 216 Speed
    Hasty Nature
    - Ice Fang
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast

Stupid steelix and leafeon aswell as skarm and forry etc =).

Aerodactyle@White Herb
    72 HP / 216 Atk / 80 Def / 4 SpD / 136 Speed
    Jolly Nature
    - Curse
    - Roost
    - Earthquake

I win this thread lol.

When used in Sandstorm this set is really fun. White Herb negates the speed drop , so your pretty much giving Aero a free bulk up and a +1 sp.def boost ^__^.

The Speed EVs are to outspeed the 115 Base Speed Pokemon

Spoiler:

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    a friend of mine uses an Aeordactyl, and I've found my Milotic does a fanciful job of countering it. It sleeps and absorbs the attacks fairly easily, and counters with surf and Ice Beam. My Forretress does a fairly good job too, as it usually survives one Fire Fang, enough for it to Gyro Ball for an OHKO (sadly Forry can't survive anything else, it's HP is so low after that).

A nice physical attacker, to be sure. I had to build my Milotic solely because of his Aerodactyl, it was faster than anything else I had. so instead of trying to out speed it, I went to wall it.

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Aerodactyl:@ Choice band
    Adamant nature
    252 att, 252 spd, 6 hp
    -Pursuit
    -Earthquake
    -Stone edge
    -Ice fang

Can come in on the revenge to kill off the threat. If you see a switch, pursuit.

Aerodactyl:@ Choice scarf
    Jolly nature
    252 att, 252 spd, 6 hp
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Stone edge
    -Ice fang

This is more novelty, but still, it out speeds timid scarfgar, and kills them with crunch. The reason I didn't put Pursuit is because D-E and Gengar don't switch out anyways due to them beleiving that they are faster.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Aerodactyle@Focus Sash
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake / Ice Fang
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

My favourite Aerodactyl set and one of my fave leads mainly for early Stealth Rock...

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    Aerodactyl:@ Choice scarf
    Jolly nature
    252 att, 252 spd, 6 hp
    -Crunch
    -Earthquake
    -Stone edge
    -Ice fang

This is more novelty, but still, it out speeds timid scarfgar, and kills them with crunch. The reason I didn't put Pursuit is because D-E and Gengar don't switch out anyways due to them beleiving that they are faster.
    Very nice D-E counter. Crunch OHKOs I assume?

After reading all of this, I can't believe Smogon would make Aerodactyl UU... it functions as an OU lead very well!

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    i'm a fan of the taunt variant but instead of eq i run a grip of special attack evs with flamethrower/fire blast. throws skarm, bronzong and forretress a new one. can be pretty useful against stupid magnet rise magnezone. i know, sounds crazily stupid but it's come in handy tons.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    I second Samson...*stares at Ooka for Fire Blasting my Forretress*

D_A, why must you somehow implement Curse into all of your Pokemon? I guess it's time for something like Curse Jolteon and see if you can make something for that ^^

Aerodactyl's recent movement to UU has created a big impact on that metagame...It's EVERYWHERE! I see it leading with SR every game, and its variability makes it deadly in all terms, except for special attacks of course. It has enough to Fire Blast the likes of Forretress, Skarmory, Leafeon, and such, however. This movement to UU hasn't really affected its use in OU, making it the 2nd quickest user of Stealth Rock + Taunt. Its STAB on Stone Edge, coupled with non-STAB Earthquake, gives it good coverage.

lack of a good STAB Flying move for Aerodactyl hurts it some. STAB Aerial Ace does less than its non-STAB Earthquake. If it got Brave Bird, then it would destroy the UU metagame as well. Also, even though it's a rock-type, it takes 25% damage from Stealth Rock, making its opportunities of switching in become limited. Also, its defenses aren't that great *Stares at D_A* ...Without a Curse or Sandstorm helping it. It gets laughed at by other Rock-types for those defenses, but Aero laughs back at being one of the quickest Pokemon in the game with good coverage and the stats to use them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back