• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    Both of those lines are in. Will reveal the other lines as I get closer to finishing. There is a lot of stuff to add such as updated trainer rosters, find places for the new Pokemon in the wild, and edit every single moveset. I will hopefully get some more battle scripting done, too, to get some new moves into the game. Not a lot more moves will be added though as I feel there already is almost more than enough.

Aww yeah. Those 2 will definitely be on my team, for sure! Sweet! Garchomp with earthquake will wreck! Gotta keep him away from Glacia, though. Especially with no item use in battles.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • I hope you add postgame sidequest :-)
    That will surely be a great addition to your hack a simple battle with red or even green would suffice or something like that.. Just a suggestion though but congrats! this is one promising hack!

Years
  • I agree with Splash about adding Postgame Sidequest.
    Especially Battling Red in Hoenn Region are Rare.
    but of cousre it just a Suggestion, it your choice & your hack anyway.

Anyway I didn't Congrats you last time so, Congrats man.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2016
    Okay, I'll start playing this! It looks great, by the way. I'd really recommend having full documentation though in a similar fashion to VW/BB. I could definitely help do that, if you want.

Oh, and I'll be testing on a flashcart, though I guess that's not relevant since nothing would change.

Also, for the fairy-type icon, why not just change the "cute" to "Fairy" since contests are glitched anyway?

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Also, for the fairy-type icon, why not just change the "cute" to "Fairy" since contests are glitched anyway?

To be honest, I have hopes to eventually figure out and solve the contest glitch so that I can have a proper Pokemon Contest in the game. Since nobody has released a way to have Fairy and all the contests in the game (I know it is possible to do so since I've seen screenshots of it), I can not do it yet and I just don't want to replace the contest since I would eventually have to change it back anyway.

For me, gameplay always goes first. While I enjoy nice graphical updates, I prioritise spending my time trying to balance the difficulty and movesets of Pokemon.

I agree it would definitely be nice to document all the moves of Pokemon etc., but it is time-consuming and tedious and I rather spend the little time I have working on the hack on improving the actual hack instead of documenting. If someone likes the hack and wants to see it become as good as possible, feel free to inbox me and I can give you the ini for G3HS so you can look everything up and document it.

Any1 who completes such document will get to have a post-game trainer in his name with a level 100 team of their choice.

Anyway, thanks for all the comments. Next update will be a big one for sure.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    I've been trying to patch a clean Emerald ROM, but it fails with both NUPS and tsukuyomi. Can you please include the patcher in the download link instead? That should make it easier for those that have trouble patching.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2017
    is there anything you can do about making the Iv judge more helpfull?
    like maybe having him at every pokemon center,and or making him give an estimate about every stat?

Last edited:

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • ^That would be cool also a nifty trick is to increase shiny rate a bit for the starters that would be very cool and if your feeling generous why not increase the shiny rate of every wild encounter?

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Good show, good show! I was really hoping to see a sideshow Emerald with damage split/new moves eventually.

I also wasn't expecting the "breaking" of shift mode, but it works out great with the hack's intention.

A quick question, what are your plans for adding the new Pokemon evolutions Sprite-wise? I know it's definitely possible to disable animations completely and change the Pokemon sprites after that, but I'm sure there's some people who are against that happening.

If all else fails you could always do what I did for 251+ and hand the stat boosts out to the already existing Pokemon... but that is extremely silly and you really shouldn't do that for various reasons.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Good show, good show! I was really hoping to see a sideshow Emerald with damage split/new moves eventually.

I also wasn't expecting the "breaking" of shift mode, but it works out great with the hack's intention.

A quick question, what are your plans for adding the new Pokemon evolutions Sprite-wise? I know it's definitely possible to disable animations completely and change the Pokemon sprites after that, but I'm sure there's some people who are against that happening.

If all else fails you could always do what I did for 251+ and hand the stat boosts out to the already existing Pokemon... but that is extremely silly and you really shouldn't do that for various reasons.

I already have a complete patch with a total of 450 Pokemon including dex entries, finished movesets and correct stats etc., so I don't think I will do the stat boost to the lower level ones. The Pokemon Sprites will not be animated in the first release. I may or may not fix that later.

The only reason I havent released the patch yet (except the fact that I have to add cries and footprints (I don't know of any resource for footprints)) is that there is some Limiter which I must have missed when extending the Emerald Pokedex. All the Pokemon work flawlessly but the name and sprite wont show up when opening the actual dex, only its description etc.

If I can't figure this out I might just release an alpha version containing this little glitch until I figure it out. There are a bunch of other things which I want sorted out as well such as two new evolution stones since I have all the 8 Eeveelutions and whether I should have Draco Meteor as a level up move or tutor move as well as trying to get the Fairy icon to work properly. A lot of things are rather easy to fix if I just get to sit down with it but I don't have a lot of time and right now. I'm kind of stuck on that annoying Emerald Pokedex Limiter.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've been playing the latest patch atm, I haven't seen any glitch or problems so far but a couple of typos but that's it. The only thing I found is that Hyper Beam doesn't have a recharge turn or was this intentional?

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2017
    I've been playing the latest patch atm, I haven't seen any glitch or problems so far but a couple of typos but that's it. The only thing I found is that Hyper Beam doesn't have a recharge turn or was this intentional?

that was intentional,but hyper beam now has less accuracy.
    there was a text file that came along with the game,it contains some useful info.
    be sure to give it a read:)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2015
    I love this, so glad to see new moves for an Emerald game.

So far the only issue I've had is the game will freeze when Metagross (with Clear Body) uses Hammer Arm. I havent been able to fix it, happens every time.

Bulldoze and Lavaplume aren't targetable in double battles, but only hit enemy pokemon on the right. I dont know if thats a bug or not.

And my poor Houndoom is 43 and has only had Ember for a fire move, even checked the heart scale move tutor and nothing. I know I can buy Flamethrower, just bringing it up.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back