• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2018
    I'm new to rom patching and I was wondering if I updated my rom with your new update, will it erase my saved game? Sorry if this is a really stupid question lol I'm just unsure. Thanks in advance

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    I'm new to rom patching and I was wondering if I updated my rom with your new update, will it erase my saved game? Sorry if this is a really stupid question lol I'm just unsure. Thanks in advance

You will have to start a new save due to new Pokedex flags, sorry about that.

On a different note:
    Inspired by Tlatchli's hack, I've implemented a Dragon Tamer from Blackthorn City in the Pokecenter of Rustboro who sells you rare Dragon Eggs for $20,000 each.

Deino, Axew, and Gabite.

Working on polishing my old scripts and will implement more similar features.

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Is it safe to trade between the update and the old version?

Finished the game and got lot of pokes from my canon-Emerald, but I don't want to delete that save.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Is it safe to trade between the update and the old version?

Finished the game and got lot of pokes from my canon-Emerald, but I don't want to delete that save.

I cannot guarantee it's safe to trade. :/

I got some good news. After weeks of struggling I Managed to solve my Pokedex problem and it is now fully functional :D Will try to wrap the last features up now and release as soon as possible. Stuff like footprints can be added in a later version.

I may have found the solution for my Pokemon Contest glitch aswell for those who are into that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2022
    I cannot guarantee it's safe to trade. :/

I got some good news. After weeks of struggling I Managed to solve my Pokedex problem and it is now fully functional :D Will try to wrap the last features up now and release as soon as possible. Stuff like footprints can be added in a later version.

I may have found the solution for my Pokemon Contest glitch aswell for those who are into that.

Great news! I haven't played this mod yet but I'm definitely interested so I will wait until you release this new version. All the changes sound great and Emerald is my favorite GBA release.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • I cannot guarantee it's safe to trade. :/

Even if I delete the new moves and make the pokes relearn them in the updated game?

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2024

Fantastic news! Eagerly awaiting the next release! ^^

PokemasterX

World's Best Beta Tester
    Years
  • Been following thread for a while now-even got it bookmarked on my phone cx-looks really good, ill even go as far as to say better than the original by Drayano! Good job on the hack and not to be nosy but any tentative release date for the official final version?

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    I really do like this hack, and am looking forward to the version coming up.

The only real problem is that certain Pokemon don't get good STAB for a while. (A couple of Fairies mostly) Other than that, keep up the good work.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    What is the supposed solution? =O

Found out that I still had Flag 1206 somwhere in the game before the Contest. Removed it but haven't tested yet. Not sure when I will have time to play through the game again so I will most likely leave the contest out in the next update and edit it once I get confirmation that it is actually fixed.

As the release is approaching, I thought I could reveal the entries to the new Dex :)

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Can you add 4th gen Elite Four Battle Music in the new update?

I could. But I'm a bit split. I tried the heart gold kanto gym leader theme for awhile but it didn't sound too good. I know a lot of people like the Hoenn E4 music while I prefer the Sinnoh music. So I gave sinnoh to the gym leaders... I'll think about it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Some of the trainers that I rematch on their final team have a Pokemon that has a level too low. Like, when I battle Gentleman Walter, his first two Pokemon are at level 74, and his Manectric is at level 41 when it is supposed to be at level 74. Is this a bug?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2016
    Some of the trainers that I rematch on their final team have a Pokemon that has a level too low. Like, when I battle Gentleman Walter, his first two Pokemon are at level 74, and his Manectric is at level 41 when it is supposed to be at level 74. Is this a bug?
    Addition to this post. A lot of trainers that can be rematch have their PKMN at lvl 34+ like the Rich kids between Petalburg City and Rustboro City. And also the PKMN bug maniac west of Lilycove has low lvl Beautifly and Masquerain?. The PKMN breeders at Route 117, is that their PKMN final level?

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Addition to this post. A lot of trainers that can be rematch have their PKMN at lvl 34+ like the Rich kids between Petalburg City and Rustboro City. And also the PKMN bug maniac west of Lilycove has low lvl Beautifly and Masquerain?. The PKMN breeders at Route 117, is that their PKMN final level?

The uneven levels on three or four trainers are fixed. But Rich Boy Winston has level 31 in his first rematch while his level in Vanilla is 27. I can't control when the player chooses to play the rematches so it's a bit hard figure out exactly how to match the levels.

Btw, the new update is out.

Also, sorry for the lack of documentation. I've been working so hard on the hack so I didn't have the energy to document stuff. I got an offer from a guy to help me with this but that was just when I took a break from the hack. Sorry for that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi there, played your hack and it's so far so good.
    but i noticed that magmortar has weavile's cry,
    and the lady which gives you togepi egg is bugged up when i say yes the game freeze
    and shows red screen

sorry for bad english :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2017
    Hi there, played your hack and it's so far so good.
    but i noticed that magmortar has weavile's cry,
    and the lady which gives you togepi egg is bugged up when i say yes the game freeze
    and shows red screen

sorry for bad english :)

Wow, I'm impressed how fast you managed to reach Magmortar :)

Anyway, the glitches are now fixed. Lucky enough, the cry errors in the game were just a simple mistake in the mapping of cries where i had put the same numbers twice.

All cries and the Togepi event should now be working!

Please report any other glitches.

Message to every1. Make sure to download the new update which I just uploaded

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back