• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Forever?

.emerald

☆ + ♥
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I always hear those words from friends and family members (especially parents), but why would I worry?

I really don't care what they say. I love POKéMON and they can't make me dislike it. :P

What I'll say to them?
    "POKéMON is very addictive." <---for my parents.
    "I love POKéMON." <---for my friends. :P
    Good for you^_^"!

Thanks for being loyal to Pokemon. I truly appreciate that.
    Your welcome!

Yes, forever, and i hope that all people who made their post on this thread will be loyal to pokemon
    Actually other people who posted on this thread pointed out that Pokemon isn't that worth it to love or to commit yourself to. I can't blame them,but for me,its More than just a game..

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I know that most of the members here on PC are certified Pokemon fans. So I made this thread to know the response of other members.

Well, it isn't exactly called The PokéCommunity for no reason, is it? I have talked to people who don't actually like Pokémon and just frequent this forum for their social needs, but that's a rare scenario.

>> What if, someone, a family member, a friend or a relative of yours might say ''oh, look at you, you are old but you still love Pokemons''? what will be your response? are you going to state your opinion? It's up to you.

My mother asked me about a year ago if I was getting too old for Pokémon. This was when I told her that I wanted to buy either Diamond or Pearl and I just told her I wanted to get them for old time's sake. In the world where popularity overrules everything, Pokémon isn't cool and I'm not prepared to lose my reputation for admitting that I still like it. Pokémon has been brought up a couple of times in conversations with my friends, but they're mostly slagging it. I laugh along, it's not like I have any other options. I don't need to stand up for Pokémon nor convince my friends that it's cool. Why? They've made their decisions and they're the ones missing out, not me. That and the fact that I can be a fan of Pokémon without them being part of the fandom as well.

For those who don't wish to read the huge wall of text, I basically said that I wouldn't stand up for Pokémon no matter what.

>>> I know that as we grow, our lifestyle and traits change, so as our own ''style'' and we don't know the future of our destiny, right?

That's true, but it's not up to anyone except yourself when it comes to figuring out whether or not you are too mature or grown up for a certain game or fandom. You make your own choices in life or else you'll always be recognised as the sheep who went with the flow.

M O M U S U

Fail-safe
    Years
  • When People learn that I like Pokemon, they say "Wow. You're 14 and you like Pokemon still. That sh*t's for babies, I never would have expected you to like it."

I just say "What's so wrong about liking Pokemon? The games are fun to play and have lots of content. It takes a long time to beat the games. I like games with lots of hours of playtime, and the shows and movies are fun to watch, too. I'm sure that there's on thing you like that other people say is stupid."

And after that, the person usually says something like "Yeah, I guess you're right."

So I'lll always like Pokemon. I grew up in a room full of Pokemon posters, games and even a bed with Pikachu sheets, comforter and pillows. So I'm not going to leave it behind just to move up a notch in someone who doesn't like me for who I am's book.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    People mostly brush away Pokemon for that ridiculous anime. It's a kid show in all honesty, or at least I've thought so. I enjoy the games and competative metagame. Everything else is pretty meh.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Well the anime,i wouldn't say is a kids show.Complemented & spiced up by the new eps & the new movies.Pretty much....how do i put this term?.....a bit mature than the older ones.
    The competative battling thing is beyond kids stuff.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • People mostly brush away Pokemon for that ridiculous anime. It's a kid show in all honesty, or at least I've thought so. I enjoy the games and competative metagame. Everything else is pretty meh.
    I thought it's a kid's show as well until I discovered Lopunny is based on a Playboy bunny. What kind of idea is this...
    ---
    People used to call me Bulbasaur at school. I don't care what people think. I'm a pokemaniac:rambo:...

Walrein

Banned
    Years
  • LOL.xD.LMAO.
    Playboy? Were did ya' get that info?:laugh:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lopunny
    Origin
    Lopunny appears to be a caricature of a Playboy Bunny or other bunny girls as seen in popular culture. It could also be partly based on Lola Bunny of Warner Bros' Looney Tunes. Its alternate color makes it look like a Sakura, a Japanese cherry tree.
    Lopunny is a great pokemon regardless, but I would also like a Normal/Grass easter bunny pokemon.

Sheruda Kachinuki

Go and escape(^^)
    Years
  • Ok, so all of you are loyal I think.
    I hope all of you remains, even the Pokemon fades... ( why should it come from Japan... I prefer America..)
    There is a big difference in Loyalty and DISloyalty.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
  • > I know that most of the members here on PC are certified Pokemon fans. So I made this thread to know the response of other members.

>> What if, someone, a family member, a friend or a relative of yours might say ''oh, look at you, you are old but you still love Pokemons''? what will be your response? are you going to state your opinion? It's up to you.

>>> I know that as we grow, our lifestyle and traits change, so as our own ''style'' and we don't know the future of our destiny, right?

>>>> As for me, I will simply reply
    = thanks for your concern, but on this world, people are different from each other, and as a Pokemon fan, I will stay with Pokemon forever...

*bows and exits*

Ha ha ha, I still remember my High School days. Most of my classmates are PokeManiacs/PokeAddicts. We even had a group on the school. But still, even though my classmates are apart, it is still Pokemon forever! \o/

I'm actually an ex fan, having moved on to the Advance Wars series instead; but really, I've never had to say anything since nobody ever actually cared. xD

Haha, I'm an ex fan of Advance Wars. I finished all the AW games.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • i love pokemon, but i never tell anyone -_-

i just can't be bothered with the hassle of arguing whether its cooler to like pikachu or rugby (americans read: football).

I don't want to hide it, but I don't see any reason to do something that's only gonna start arguments, such as openly admitting that i like Pokemon

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • My family is now indifferent toward Pokemon so I wouldn't really respond, I guess, but I think they introduced the TV show to be when I was really young since it was a cartoon, and cartoons are kid-friendly! I'm so glad I got introduced!! :D
    In response to my classmates, I'd probably say Pokemon's awesome and, if they were being really rude about it, that the franchise is more successful than they would ever be, hoping that I wouldn't eat my words... (I'd probably think it mentally, though; I'm not really the type to say that to 'popular' people) With a few of my friends, we have small talk about it now in high school, but as a broad topic it's like taboo.

I guess in my heart, I'll always stand up for Pokemon as much as I can, that all ages (not just kids) can enjoy it and everyone can continue to either have fun in their childhood or covet the memories of youth. Pokemon isn't pre-school fare; otherwise PC and countless other sites and people would not devote a hefty amount of their time to it. So, rude people can say what they want, but Pokemon will (hopefully :)) always be defended by its passionate fans/Poke-freaks!! :D

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    I get picked on a couple times around my grade for playing Pokemon. The great thing though is that I just found out that a couple kids in my school play pokemon to. They know nothing about Ev's though, so I'm teaching them. :) Back to the topic, I tried to keep it a secret, but it eventually came out. I really say to them, "I find the games fun, and if you don't, well thats just you." It really hasn't messed with my friends though, I'm still plain old Cody. Poke fans unite :D. My family thought I was weird at first for playing Pokemon at age 13, but they got used to it. They just accept me for who I am.

Kryssi

I think I'm decomposing!
    Years
  • Well, I've always liked Pokemon, ever since it started those 10 odd years ago. It was a huge part of my life back then, and I don't think I could forget something like that quite so easily. I mean, poke fans may come and go and grow out of it, but I guess they just didn't want to carry around an old part of them, or seem 'uncool' to their friends that they're still into a show such as this. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm still a fan, my god, even Satoshi, I bet even he can't get enough of Pokemon.

Years
  • I have been playing the games since i was about 10 years old, to this day, and i am 19. I spent countless saturdays at my local card shop playing card tournaments, WHICH JUST STOPPED LAST SUMMER. I could care less what anyone thinks or says. Theres no reason to outgrow something you like, and in my case something that was a major..if not my entire childhood. The only thing is I only like the original pokemon. The new stuff is just overdone and boring. I stopped caring after Neo genesis came out, But like i said I still love all the stuff up to that point.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My friend and I got all our other friends back into Pokémon when Diamond and Pearl came out. Seriously, almost everyone pulled out their old Gameboys and were playing a combination of Silver, Firered, Yellow, and then us with our new-fangled games. XD It was pretty sweet. Factor in that we were in grade 12--about to graduate--and we seem all the more cool. Or something. (Said friend and I also played Pokémon cards during lunch back in grade 11. XD) I've never really cared if people know I like Pokémon. In high school, I browsed PC during my computer classes. In university, I browse PC on my laptop during lectures when I bring it.

Pokémon's been in my life for about half of it. To me, hiding it just seems weird. I love Pokémon and to pretend I don't like it or something seems disrespectful to me and my interests. That's not to say I'm obnoxious about my fandom in real life, but I don't hide it either.

My parents don't really get on my case. They get a little annoyed at the fact that I buy so much Pokémon stuff still, but they know it's a collection and they've given up on assuring me it's "just a phase" because phases don't last 10 years. Now my dad just jokes about my "yellow rodents" coming in the mail and they've gotten used to random Pichu plushies around the house when I leave them somewhere. :P

My friends, as mentioned before, are supportive of it. They roll their eyes at times when I'm being a little too obsessive but they don't really care overall. I remember sometimes people tried to make fun of me for it in high school but half the time, it was easy to point out that they liked Pokémon at some point. I've also never really cared what others think, especially when I don't really know them. :P So they just left me alone in the end.

I really don't know when I'll stop liking Pokémon--if I'll stop liking Pokémon. It shows no real signs of slowing down and I've liked it for half of my existence. o_O; I just can't imagine what I'd be like without Pokémon in my life in some way. It sounds so lame but I don't really care. It's my longest lasting fandom ever and the only one I've always, always stayed in. 8| So for now I just assume I'll like it as long as it lasts and then some, but who knows.

Long post is loooong. :D

Back