• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Garnet

Allow Silver to Chose between the Starter he steals, or just Totodile?

• Just Totodile.

Votes: 249 29.3%
  • Allow him to chose.

Votes: 602 70.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
  • Hey, Xatoku. I played the Beta and I think it's awesome!
    Gold has pretty bad drawing...

Anyways, here are some glitches (Mostly Grammar Errors).

It wouldn't make sense if you start with "GOLD:" because Team Rocket's talkin' to ya.

The name "Karen" only has one "R". And do you have plans for making Karen's OW?

You missed a period at the end of "battle".

It should be "its" not "it's". They have different meanings, y'know.

It should be "name's" not "names".

Oh, and one more thing. Do you plan to add my character later in the story?

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    I don't know if this is old but if you talk to the little kid next to the water in new bark town the text stays on one line

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Hehe, You caught a lot of things Min missed Sarcastic Prince. Would you mind beta testing the next Beta? I'll fix those immediately btw.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • I said I would, I just need your Trainer's info again.

There you go. Took me quite a while to find.
    Name: Timothy

First Met: Characific Valley

Team: Dragonite, Kingdra, Golem, Alakazam, Gyarados, Ampharos (I don't care about the Genders of my Pokemon.)

Is your character against what Silver is doing? : Yes, the character
    is going to be against what Silver's doing. Somehow like Paul in the D/P
    Anime. I'm just taking one of your ideas, BTW, hope you don't mind.

Character Sprite will be someone with a Sword and Robe but no crown.

Here's the sprite.

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • There you go. Took me quite a while to find.
    Name: Timothy

First Met: Characific Valley

Team: Dragonite, Kingdra, Golem, Alakazam, Gyarados, Ampharos (I don't care about the Genders of my Pokemon.)

Is your character against what Silver is doing? : Yes, the character
    is going to be against what Silver's doing. Somehow like Paul in the D/P
    Anime. I'm just taking one of your ideas, BTW, hope you don't mind.

Character Sprite will be someone with a Sword and Robe but no crown.

Here's the sprite.

Alright, any specific trainer class type? For example; Dragon Tamer, PKMN Trainer, etc.

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
  • My Trainer Class will be an Ace Trainer.
    (Change the Cool Trainer's Trainer Class name to Ace Trainer.)

Off-Topic: Lol, the cooltrainers are in German "Ass-Trainer" (Ass = Ace in german, the other one is a different word...), directly translated it would be Ace Trainer!^^

Well, I really love your presentation of your hack and your titlescreen!^^ Silver was always my favorite rival, so seeing a hack with him as a main character just made me feel wanting to play this! Your idea with the colloseums is also epic, especially the tower colloseum!^^ A question: Are Wes's pokemon all former shadow pokes (except Umbreon and Espe, of course!^^)?

And I'd really like to be a trainer in the game (nothing big, only some random trainer you battle while you're exploring a route with a later appearence in a colloseum, you'll see why!^^) :

Name: Jan (Trainer Class: Psychic, no special sprite!^^)

First Met: On the route before south from Ekruteak, later in a colloseum

Team: 1.appearence: Natu, Kirlia, Drowzee, Vulpix

2.appearence: Xatu, Gardevoir, Hypno, Ninetails, Misdreavus, Medicham (Latias xD)

Is your character against what Silver is doing? : He doesn't care, like most random trainers!^^ But the special thing about him: You get a prediction of a close event (for example: You have to guide a girl. Prediction: I can see a date with a nice girl!) , the 2nd appearence he says something like: Did you enjoy your [insert event here]? The pre-battle text would be: I can see something... and if you talk to him after the battle, you get the prediction. Keep it in mind, it'll be very likely to happen!^^

Well, hope you take him!^^ And good luck with your hack in the future, I'm definetively gonna play it when I'm done with my Yellow run!^^

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Off-Topic: Lol, the cooltrainers are in German "Ass-Trainer" (Ass = Ace in german, the other one is a different word...), directly translated it would be Ace Trainer!^^

Well, I really love your presentation of your hack and your titlescreen!^^ Silver was always my favorite rival, so seeing a hack with him as a main character just made me feel wanting to play this! Your idea with the colloseums is also epic, especially the tower colloseum!^^ A question: Are Wes's pokemon all former shadow pokes (except Umbreon and Espe, of course!^^)?

And I'd really like to be a trainer in the game (nothing big, only some random trainer you battle while you're exploring a route with a later appearence in a colloseum, you'll see why!^^) :

Name: Jan (Trainer Class: Psychic, no special sprite!^^)

First Met: On the route before south from Ekruteak, later in a colloseum

Team: 1.appearence: Natu, Kirlia, Drowzee, Vulpix

2.appearence: Xatu, Gardevoir, Hypno, Ninetails, Misdreavus, Medicham (Latias xD)

Is your character against what Silver is doing? : He doesn't care, like most random trainers!^^ But the special thing about him: You get a prediction of a close event (for example: You have to guide a girl. Prediction: I can see a date with a nice girl!) , the 2nd appearence he says something like: Did you enjoy your [insert event here]? The pre-battle text would be: I can see something... and if you talk to him after the battle, you get the prediction. Keep it in mind, it'll be very likely to happen!^^

Well, hope you take him!^^ And good luck with your hack in the future, I'm definetively gonna play it when I'm done with my Yellow run!^^

I'm really picky towards the trainers, but I like your enthusiasm. I'll make your character one of the Story Mode rivals. I'll even make a unique sprite for him.

EDIT: The answer is yes, Wes will have the Shadow Pokemon as well as Umbreon and Espeon.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Hey can my character be a storyline character? He would show up before each area you can catch other starters in and challenge you and when beaten he will tell you that he caught the last Cyndaquil or Chikorita (depending on the starter/s normally found there) (because you said all the starters but Cyndaquil and Chikorita are obtainable)

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Hey can my character be a storyline character? He would show up before each area you can catch other starters in and challenge you and when beaten he will tell you that he caught the last Cyndaquil or Chikorita (depending on the starter/s normally found there) (because you said all the starters but Cyndaquil and Chikorita are obtainable)
    Sorry, but I have enough Story Mode characters. Feel free to sign up for the Colosseum if you wish.

So Xatoku, have you inserted my character into the Hack yet?
    And is the Trainer Class Ace Trainer okay?
    Not yet, I'm looking for a decent place to put him, as well as redoing/creating the sprites.

PatJamma

From the ashes
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    lol im already in the colosseum i just wanted to be in the game sooner XD

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I have to say, I love what you've done with this. Silver is an awesome character for a story-driven game, and you've got some fantastic ideas to add spice to the pre-existing plot. Just for the heck of it, I'm going to go ahead and submit a Colosseum trainer, he can go in whatever colosseum is most convenient for you:
    Name: Trebnos/Trebor
    Type: Juggler
    Party:
    -Sneasel(Focus Band/Sash[if sash exists in FR, and I don't think it does]): Swords Dance, Shadow Ball, Brick Break, Counter
    -Scizor(Shell Bell): Swords Dance, Steel Wing, Wing Attack, Slash
    -Blissey(Leftovers): Softboiled, Toxic, Psychic, Refresh
    -Slaking (Choice Scarf): Shadow Ball, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Hyper Beam
    -Kingdra(Lum Berry): Rain Dance, Surf, Ice Beam, Yawn
    -Gengar(Lum Berry): Will'O'Wisp, Confuse Ray, Psychic, Thunderbolt
    I'm sure I missed some requirement, so please let me know that I've screwed up :\

Xatoku

Game Developer
    Years
  • Added. Just to embellish the thread some more, I'm gonna add some videos of various points throughout the game, starting with the 2nd Jordan Fight. Don't ask why I didn't start with the first, heh.

Spoiler:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Not yet, I'm looking for a decent place to put him, as well as redoing/creating the sprites.

Where are ya going to put me? Am I in the next Beta?

Your battle is pretty impressive. You're better than me,
    I used cheats (Having Gyarados, Golem and Alakazam in the beginning.)
    And I also made my Pokemon's Attacks uber by using cheats.
    So yeah, you're better than me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2010
    do you know how long itll be for the next beta? this is the best hack ive seen in a long time. youre doing an awesome job

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back