• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Gold and Silver Remake

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2005
    I think that Diamond and Pearl will be a remake of Gold and Silver, that way you will be able to have all the pokemon on one game system. I think Lugia and Ho-oh will look really cool in a next generation game graphic engine. What do you think Diamond and Pearl will be?

Years
  • remake of g/s? I heard there were gonna be all new pokemon, but thats still a posibialty. I think its going to be a mix of g/s and r/s with new pokemon.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • could be a possibility, but how would you exlain the fact that Munchlax and Rukario are in it. I'm pretty sure those two weren't in G/S. XD
    --> MOVED <--

Years
  • I'm thinking that the mysterious GBA game in the works could be a G/S/C remake, and be 4G, to keep the GBA tier alive.

Years
  • i think they should be their own games. but, they need to give you the capability to go EVERYWHERE and get ALL pokemon without the help of any nintendo events or cheating devices (though none have been released for ds yet)

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2005
    G/S/C were my favorite pokemon games because you have 16 badges instead of 8 and that make the replay value really good because its like 2 adventures in one game!

Years
  • HeroOFTime said:
    G/S/C were my favorite pokemon games because you have 16 badges instead of 8 and that make the replay value really good because its like 2 adventures in one game!
    I liked Gold/Silver because of their atmosphere. Johto was a very cozy region, with coniferous forest, small villages, and big cities. It was warm and natural, but also connected. It had that rich, Japanese-style history, with the towers and so on, and you're placed in the middle of it all. I also found the Pok?mon of the second generation to be the most appealing and diverse. The first and third-gen Pok?mon were, in general, too 'jungley' for my taste.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2005
    I agree. And Ruby and Sapphire's pokemon just felt like ripoffs of other pokemon.

Shinin

Banned
    Years
  • Remakes of Gold & Silver should be made after Diamond & Pearl are released, then the 3rd in the D/P series (like in the advance generation). Or you should be able to go to Johto and Kanto in D/P.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I'll bet my life on D/P being original games. If they were remakes, Nintendo would have told us straight away to stop speculation and, ultimately, disappoint fans who were expecting something new.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • No more remakes! Nintendo has released way too many lately.

Not that I don't want to go through Johto again, but if it is the same exact thing with the same events happening at the same time as in G/S/C, than no I don't.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I'd love to see Johto remade again, just not the whole G/s/C game. Nintendo have released too many 'cash in games' too, they should never have released Dash before Diamond/Pearl.

Makoto

Years
  • no, D/P will be new. and i've been thinking for a while....

Since people ever even heard of D/P, they've been having unrealistic expectations about it( Pokemon actually touching eachother in battle, calling out the attacks, etc, etc). And while most of these innovations would be cool, i don't think nintendo would do that. I think that it would be just like all the other handheld games so far(Dash excluded) and be a normal pokemon game, maybe with being able to touch which attack you want to use.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • MetalMario said:
    I liked Gold/Silver because of their atmosphere. Johto was a very cozy region, with coniferous forest, small villages, and big cities. It was warm and natural, but also connected. It had that rich, Japanese-style history, with the towers and so on, and you're placed in the middle of it all. I also found the Pok?mon of the second generation to be the most appealing and diverse. The first and third-gen Pok?mon were, in general, too 'jungley' for my taste.

D/P will be their own games, starring the 4th gen. pokemon. but i completely agree - of every pokemon game boy game, g/s were my favorites for almost exactly the same reasons. they also didn't have too many challenging puzzles, and it was very realistic with the time and night and day and certain events on certain days that it had the most gameplay (in my opinion), and not to mention great replay value. i would love to see a remake, or mayb a lot of those features encorporated in d/p.

Back