• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokemon gym enhancements!

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    By completely remaking the course of the gym makes it dull, i mean. A bit of changes here and there, but they just remade the whole thing, nostalgia still deserves places in the 'new generation' of pokemon.

butthurt alert

if you want nostalgia, go play the originals.

the main complain about G/S/C that I'm sure everyone had was that it was just too ****ing easy. this gives a new spin on challenge for it rather than just go in, beat trainers, success.

Casey333

~Johto Trainer~
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 10, 2018
    Falkners I always laughed at cause its literally a $ symbol. XD

Bugsys will probably be my favorite cause it adds abit of luck to it but it looks really cool with riding ontop of giant Spinaraks.

Whitneys has changed in the 3-D sense. I really like that and I like that they kept the Clefairy shape to it.

Mortys is very interesting to me. It may be a little easier then the original since you couldnt actually see the path.

I hope Chucks changes!!!

Jasmines better have something new aboutit. It was just a challenge curing that ampharos.

Pryce' was sort of like Candices' without the 3-D sence. Hopefully it'll be different.

Clairs just involved having the Strength TM. This one I hope poses an even bigger challenge.

Thats just my thoughts.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Pryce' was sort of like Candices' without the 3-D sence. Hopefully it'll be different.

Thats just my thoughts.
    Well realy candices' is like pryces since he came first XD

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    Clairs just involved having the Strength TM. This one I hope poses an even bigger challenge.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if the Pokemon will be upgraded as well...like maybe Jasmine having a Magnezone or something. They have to incorporate the Gen III and IV Pokes in there somehow.

Yeah the gyms look awesome. What I don't get about the gyms was that isn't Cianwood the 6th gym and yet anyone with a brain would do that before the do Jasmine? Also when you go to Cianwood for the whole 'Secretpotion' rubbish will you still get to battle Euisene (I'm talking about from Crystal I'm not entirely sure if you still battle him in G/S)

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    But Euisene is in HG/SS. I think its been confirmed. Serebii.net says so.

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    i hate mortys gym cuz i kept fallin when i played pokemon gold on an emulator
    Blackthorn gym is the best gym i ever seen but very weird since claire has a kingdra which is water/dragon and the gym is also filled
    with lava
    and hopefully the game let us catch mareep before the first gym battle cuz i wanna make fun at him for saying
    People say you can clip flying-type Pokémon's wings with a jolt of electricity... I won't allow such insults to bird Pokémon!

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Remember, Falkner's gym is the first one, so traditionally there should be no puzzle.
    But Pewter is the the third to last now, so it should have a puzzle.
    Also, Move Blaine out of the Seafoam Islands, the Volcano was a terrible idea.

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    Go! Gliscor![/QUOTE]
    Gliscor is a vampire bat like pokemon not a bird XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    All of you people saying " If you want noglistia, then play the originals", some peoples G/S/C games have had their internal battery die so they can't.

Random Edit: I have edited my post! TAKE THAT SOCIETY! LOL

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    To be honest, I think the change was a bit needed. The reason why is because in the eariler generations doing things came a little easier compared to what some challenges in the game are like now. So, the revamp in the gym's look and puzzle-like maze is a good alteration for the remakes. Not to mention, it really doesn't ruin a nostalgic feel to the originals because you're still battling the same gyms with their original Pokémon, and you're still playing the same storyline. I like the new Bugsy gym and the inclusion of the riding spiders. I think it definitely gave the gym more of a definition to what it stands for. It is a nice difference and it still keeps me waiting for the day I can play it all.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Ive updated thread with some of the new pics of the gyms... disscuss disscuss disscuss ^^

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I like the new gym addons, especially Claire's gym. I hope the levels are higher too - and the Kanto gyms harder to beat.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Ah! I can't look @ it! I don't like spoilers.

Back